M$ XBOX Reveal - "A Real Taste Of The Future" #pause

Options

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? . I've always been interested in Killzone.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

One thing is Sonys ads have always been superior to all the other consoles.

LMAO! Really? Those weird ass PS3 launch ads with plastic baby crying and ? were better? LOL. Kevin Butler, the "Sony executive" who did a Wii commercial? LOL. How about "Marcus"? Yea...nobody else remembers him either. The Move ads? Oh, you never saw any? What about the "It only does everything" campaign that they now have to completely backtrack from just to save face with their "core" who weren't buying their games anyway? LOL. ? outta here with that ? . LOL.

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Michael ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael

LOL @ this ? . WTF? Exactly my point.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    type in smaller words for focus next time, scoop.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Metalgearsolid 5

http://youtu.be/pRSZy12EOSs

By the way this is PS3 and PS4 title
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

LMAO! Really? Those weird ass PS3 launch ads with plastic baby crying and ? were better? LOL. Kevin Butler, the "Sony executive" who did a Wii commercial? LOL. How about "Marcus"? Yea...nobody else remembers him either. The Move ads? Oh, you never saw any? What about the "It only does everything" campaign that they now have to completely backtrack from just to save face with their "core" who weren't buying their games anyway? LOL. ? outta here with that ? . LOL.

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Micheal ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael

i didnt know that. thats actually pretty cool.

but i think madame focus is talking about marcus, the young ? who sold PSPs for a little while. Not surprising that a ? like focus would have another young ? firmly implanted in his chicken fried brain.

yeah I forgot about that ad smh, but the pic In the Long Live Play Michael ad they hang up at the end is his real pic I never saw xbox do that for their fanbase.

they give you a tshirt for your avatar for your birthday

and .25 cents
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no, that 25 cents IS to buy the shirt
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Michael ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael

word? i didnt know that, thats cool as ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh i saw on worldstar some dude ranting about the new xbox... i learned more from that rant then anything... ive always been a playstation guy.. and the negatives 2 the new xbox are crazy... nobody in there right mind is gonna buy 1... its essentially a over priced voice controller.. 4 yo tv..
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-inside-metro-last-light
    No, you just cannot compare consoles to PC directly. Consoles could do at least 2x what a comparable PC can due to the fixed platform and low-level access to hardware.

There you have it Ps4 is more powerful as far as game performance than a PC.
    We are talking PS4, right? I am very excited about both CPU and GPU. Jaguar is a pretty well-balanced out-of-order core and there are eight of them inside. I always wanted a lot of relatively-low-power cores instead of single super-high-performance one, because it's easier to simply parallelise something instead of changing core-algorithms or chasing every cycle inside critical code segment (not that we don't do that, but very often we can avoid it).
    Many beefier cores would be even better, but then we'll be left without a GPU! With regards the graphics core, it's great, simply great. It's a modern-age high-performance compute device with unified memory and multiple compute-contexts. The possibilities of CPU-GPU-CPU communication are endless, we can easily expect games doing, for example, AI pathfinding/route planning executing on GPU to become a common thing.
    There are some things which are just more efficient to do on massively parallel machines like GPUs are. I think that at least initially, with launch titles, the GPU-Compute will be underutilised, but during console's lifetime we'll see more and more unbelievable and innovative things purely thanks to GPUs.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Alot of developers are coming out and blasting the Xbox One it almost doesn't even seem comparable as to which console is better.

http://gamingbolt.com/jonathan-blow-criticizes-microsofts-claim-of-increasing-servers-to-300k-calls-it-a-lie
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    http://www.actiontrip.com/news/jonathan-blow-calls-microsofts-bluff-on-servers-and-cloud-processing/052513_4

A developer saying that the cloud process see isn't going to work like Microsoft is stating. I even read somewhere that it can take a game from 60 fps all the way down to 30fps
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    The PS4 is clearly the better console.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

Sony 'actively pushing' for 60FPS/1080p with PS4
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should just rename yourself SONYxChild. Some of those articles don't even belong in this thread.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    You should just rename yourself SONYxChild. Some of those articles don't even belong in this thread.
    I owned a 360 first and I got wii on launch.... 360 got red rings sold the wii and my ps3 finally broke this year... I'm actually looking at this objectively. I actually think the kinect is sick but ps4 will have something similiar just hasn't been talked about.

I'm just finding these articles on a gaming messageboard.

GSWbhpz.jpg

I really am coming off like a Sony fan boy.... I really don't care which console sales better but I'm probably getting one console this time around so I might as well switch up the name.
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what's GDDR5 and DDR3 and what's better?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aka_OG wrote: »
    xbox_One_vs_PS4_Infographic-640x5328.jpg

There is no competition since the PS4 is a video game console and the Xbox Done is a cable box that plays video games. I mean people need to stop comparing the Xbox to PlayStation as they are not even the same type of product and both companies have a different direction. PS4 for playing games, Done for watching TV though you already got cable.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FINAL SCORE:

Xbox 1 - PS 4
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    So what's GDDR5 and DDR3 and what's better?
    The difference between GDDR5 and DDR3, is with bandwith size the ps4 will utilize bandwith of 170 gb/s, and the xbox1 DDR3 will have 70 gb/s. GDDR5 can also be used for graphics but it probably won't be utilized that way on the console. The xbox uses 32 MB of sRAM.

GDDR5 provides for faster data transfer while DDR3 provides faster latency.

It all depends on how the developers utilize the console and the rest of the hardware which seems to be in PS4's favor. Devs will have more access to GDDR5 ram...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    do ya'll really research for these certain things like the GDDR5 and which which GPU CU's are better because I bet none ya'll were thinking about that when ya'll bought the ps3 or xbox 360 so why should it matter now?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do ya'll really research for these certain things like the GDDR5 and which which GPU CU's are better because I bet none ya'll were thinking about that when ya'll bought the ps3 or xbox 360 so why should it matter now?

It was the sole reason why a lot of 3rd party multiplat games ran better on 360 than on ps3, and its why games will run better on PS4
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

It was the sole reason why a lot of 3rd party multiplat games ran better on 360 than on ps3, and its why games will run better on PS4
    nobody is thinking about that when they're in the store when they purchase a console one of the big reasons why people were on the ps3 was because of the blu ray even tho it was high as ? at the time
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE KING IS BACK

tumblr_mnhj8fIg7u1s63ovdo1_r1_1280.png
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

nobody is thinking about that when they're in the store when they purchase a console one of the big reasons why people were on the ps3 was because of the blu ray even tho it was high as ? at the time

But, the blu-ray was the PS3/XBOX360 analog to the GDDR5/DDR3 debate. Having a Blu-ray player was a key hardware difference between the two systems this generation. The different types of RAM are the key hardware difference between the two systems next generation. You don't have to become an expert on the two types of RAM to understand that these developers are out here saying that one will be better for game development than other just like you didn't have to be an expert on Blu-Ray and HDDVD to understand that people were projecting that one would take off and the other would fail.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    GDDR5 completely ? on DDR3, it's really just a faster type of DDR3 RAM. Today, using DDR3 on an GPU is considered a bottleneck; much like using DDR2 instead of DDR3 on a GPU was back in the day.

You can literally have two copies of the same GPU--with the only difference being that one has GDDR5 and the other has regular DDR3--and the GDDR5 will perform significantly better.

This difference is enhanced by the usage of APU's. Since the GPU has no true dedicated vRAM, it's solely dependent on the system RAM for reads/writes; assuming AMD uses hUMA in Jaguar.

Couple this with the fact that the PS4 already has 50% more shaders, and performance may end up one-sided as ? between the ONE and the PS4.