Yeezus Kardashian Album Thread (6.18)

Options

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    those r ? opinions... How many mics it get frm the source?

The source don't have the ? to give an honest review and XXL might ? up also
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    makes an album preaching about blacks

gets hated on by blacks, cacs love it

ladies and gentlemen, Kanye West...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

I thought hiphopers didn't like the source and XXL opinions no mo?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its just different
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    It's pretty genius. It is NOT hip-hop. Hence all the hate in this thread. You have to have a background in industrial music to appreciate it. It's way ahead of it's time. If you're looking for hip-hop you are going to hate it.

im looking for good music and i hate it, i didnt have high expectation but i knew this was going to be on some other ? and it is its just some wack ?

Well if you don't like early Nine Inch Nails, Ministry or Skinny Puppy then no, you aren't going to like it.

BUT THOSE ARE ROCK BANDS THIS IS a rap album ye is rapping totally different outcomes

Yes, but like I said this is NOT a hip hop album

regardless of whatever grunge band beats u put behind your vocals if your rapping its a rap album what else can u call it ? he's not playing any instruments nor does he have band, your trying to convince yourself its something else but at the end of the day its a rap album

Theres also a lot of singing so should we call it an RnB album?

Oh ? they sing in rock too...rock album?

Singing in jazz???

? I'm confusssed!
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Man some of y'all are some herbs for real...

Making hella excuses talking about some, "oh, this is influenced by Chicago House Music, y'all just closed minded..."

Bruh, idgaf if this ? was influenced by the moans of the ? Mary in the midst of getting her untouched cherry popped by the holy spirit. Yeezus is lackluster as hell.

And I actually liked 808's. This album is just messy and all over the place.

Died, went to hell and came back reading that ? , No Yeezus.

? hilarious...
  • madisonstbully
    madisonstbully Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Options
    incredible production horrible lyrics just like every kanye album aleast he is consistent
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kanye said this not even hip hop in the interview. So why judge itas oone
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeezy gonna have ? in the hood like....

tumblr_lyztin2CsG1r9ztc7o1_500.gif
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I lowkey think this album is ? , son
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Take this out the reason
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The production on this album is pretty big. Some of the songs have very weird things going on, and yes it does sound sloppy at times. I was pretty sure Kanye was going to make an album kinda like this as soon as I found out he started dating Kim K. I think the album is pretty cool, but it's going to take some adjusting to, a few more listens and I'll be able to give a full review on it. I certainly enjoy the production, as Kanye is always willing to step outside of the boundaries. The rapping is typical Kanye, nothing special. at least in my opinion. Although he did drop a few notable quotables throughout the album.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Link? How many days late am i?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album definitely requires more than just a couple of listen...this is some heavy ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Kanye said this not even hip hop in the interview. So why judge itas oone

Cuhz... the ? was past three sentences ...and didnt include the phrase "doo doo ______ " in it ...so You know these ? ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDISiwir1fUzcQjmH8ywSnnpaAYhViIHh_dqj0_zdC_tYJP_Rn7Z4NkYzRGw

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album definitely requires more than just a couple of listen...this is some heavy ?

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha GTFOH
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

I thought hiphopers didn't like the source and XXL opinions no mo?

? is scratch around, what bout ego trippin, is wax poetics going to review the album, now where are u going to go to get an urban review of this album... Come on mayne don't play me
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never said anything about liking or not liking the album, you're creating things out of nothing. If you don't like it that's fine, I have no problem with that, and I'm not belittling you at all. All I was saying is that on the IC all that matters is whether someone personally likes it or not, which isn't the same as objectively judging something because that takes everything into consideration.

i feel what you trying to say, and even though i clown at times i do respect your thoughts on the album. I guess my main beef is when kanye came with some new slave concept and i am ? , i expected a critque of black culture or hip hop materialism or a true insight into all the concepts that it seemed like he was hyping, esp in the ny times interview. i expected a real thoughtful insightful album, i guess on the level of that mos def album, whose name i cant remember right now.

i feel as if kanye played all that ? up as if he WOULD do that, but i dont feel he did. i think he just took, as u said, chicago house music and said a few insightful lines, and then try to pass it off as some new age revolution ? . I think he missed the mark, and on top of that, i feel the actual music is not bumping the way i thought it was. i think he was too into style over substance and that this is more hype than it is quality.

esp bcuz kanye does tend to have thematic albums that are more cohesive in subject matter. i felt this one was all over the place. that's all im saying bruh. i respect that you like it as much as you do, i just don't see it.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im about to take these shots than go through this ? again maybe i will get a different perspective
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Songs called I am a ? ... I would assume those lyrics are meant to personify "power,control,free will,decadence" attributes you've seen displayed by many proclaimed "gods" in many different cultures ...seems pretty straight foward

*shrugs*

is you seriously trying to explain to me what "i am a ? " means?
    seriously bruh?
    i know wtf that ? means, this ? aint deep
    i get the concepts
    he is on his nietzsche superhuman ? , his character can even been seen as the same one he described in that track "stronger" except now he is a fully realized ? . i read The geneology of morals, my ? . i dont need you to explain kanye ridiculously simplified manifestation of that concept.

? still sound like something i would hear a batshit crazy person saying.

It's a simple few lines ... meant to convey a simple message ..Why would I need to break down the "depths" of anything cuhz? The lyrics fit the narrative cohesively ... and give off little to no "random gibberish" qualities you would see in your typic neighborhood wino ..that's all I was saying

i guess all imsaying is when ppl say kanye looking batshit crazy
    if u combine that ny times article where he sounds like a lunatic
    then you here lines like i am a good where is my croissant
    im simply saying that sounds like ? i would not be surprised to see some homeless man saying
    hence why some ppl are saying he is batshit crazy
    if u dont agree you dont agree
    im just saying that ? is some batcrazy type ? to say
    if the album delved into that type of emotion or ideal as more of a concept, like what he led us to believe
    then i could critique it as such
    the album dont do that though

What kanye west have y'all ? been observing for the past 10 years? Nothing in those lyrics or in that interview deviates from the character he's always been in his music or the public eye ....mind you this is the same dude that went on the cover of rolling stone in "Jesus" character ...8 years ago...but nowwww all of a sudden he's lost it tho? Lol

It's almost as if ? have manifested this "straw man" entity of kanye and they judge his recent actions against that creation ...idk ...but to me that's the only thing I would call... "Bat ? crazy"

*shrugs*

you right. he always been batshit crazy i agree with you on that.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm saying tho...this will appeal to whites...

Preaching pro black on beats that ain't hiphop, confuses ? ...

I agree with one poster, this is way ahead of its time.

Been listening to this ? since I copped the link...my initial hate has subsided and I now see the genius behind 7 out of 10 tracks...

The end of New Slaves is amazing...

The Jamaican influence all through an album of crazy out there beats is ? genius...kept it black in more ways than one.

I don't even know why I commented so early...I always let ? marinate...

I still prefer Cole...but I'm starting to understand this ? . He is definitely experimenting with fan reactions.

Hold my Liquor is super wack...he needs to slap himself for that ? . Lol @ Chief Keef being proud to have that on his résumé.