Options
    this that album you put when everybody is wasted

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    Gooner wrote: »
    those r ? opinions... How many mics it get frm the source?

The source don't have the ? to give an honest review and XXL might ? up also

I thought hiphopers didn't like the source and XXL opinions no mo?

? is scratch around, what bout ego trippin, is wax poetics going to review the album, now where are u going to go to get an urban review of this album... Come on mayne don't play me

I'm just telling you what I hear on these e-streets mayne ... ? only ? with them "urban reviews" when it backs there side of an arguement up .... They certainly wasn't ? with source when they have 5mics to la Bella mafia ..lol or Trill OG

You can peep Hiphop DX tho ... Maybe Okplayer will have it
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    JerfyT wrote: »
    It's pretty genius. It is NOT hip-hop. Hence all the hate in this thread. You have to have a background in industrial music to appreciate it. It's way ahead of it's time. If you're looking for hip-hop you are going to hate it.

im looking for good music and i hate it, i didnt have high expectation but i knew this was going to be on some other ? and it is its just some wack ?

Well if you don't like early Nine Inch Nails, Ministry or Skinny Puppy then no, you aren't going to like it.

@jerfyt

but I personally do like NIN and Ministry and i like marilyn manson (pre-2001), particularly Coma White, which i felt this would be a kanye version of that album, at least conceptually. i think it falls flat, tremendously. this is only slighty better than waynes foray into rock music. i think conceptually kid cudi indicud pulls off this "i am ? " i am unfuckwitable" self analysis as to my place in the world, also my place in the pop culture world....concepts off much better, plus his genere blending seems more "authentic" than kanye's on this album. what u think?
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else hear Killer Mike spittin over that Black Skinheads beat?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Songs called I am a ? ... I would assume those lyrics are meant to personify "power,control,free will,decadence" attributes you've seen displayed by many proclaimed "gods" in many different cultures ...seems pretty straight foward

*shrugs*

is you seriously trying to explain to me what "i am a ? " means?
    seriously bruh?
    i know wtf that ? means, this ? aint deep
    i get the concepts
    he is on his nietzsche superhuman ? , his character can even been seen as the same one he described in that track "stronger" except now he is a fully realized ? . i read The geneology of morals, my ? . i dont need you to explain kanye ridiculously simplified manifestation of that concept.

? still sound like something i would hear a batshit crazy person saying.

It's a simple few lines ... meant to convey a simple message ..Why would I need to break down the "depths" of anything cuhz? The lyrics fit the narrative cohesively ... and give off little to no "random gibberish" qualities you would see in your typic neighborhood wino ..that's all I was saying

i guess all imsaying is when ppl say kanye looking batshit crazy
    if u combine that ny times article where he sounds like a lunatic
    then you here lines like i am a good where is my croissant
    im simply saying that sounds like ? i would not be surprised to see some homeless man saying
    hence why some ppl are saying he is batshit crazy
    if u dont agree you dont agree
    im just saying that ? is some batcrazy type ? to say
    if the album delved into that type of emotion or ideal as more of a concept, like what he led us to believe
    then i could critique it as such
    the album dont do that though

What kanye west have y'all ? been observing for the past 10 years? Nothing in those lyrics or in that interview deviates from the character he's always been in his music or the public eye ....mind you this is the same dude that went on the cover of rolling stone in "Jesus" character ...8 years ago...but nowwww all of a sudden he's lost it tho? Lol

It's almost as if ? have manifested this "straw man" entity of kanye and they judge his recent actions against that creation ...idk ...but to me that's the only thing I would call... "Bat ? crazy"

*shrugs*

you right. he always been batshit crazy i agree with you on that.

That's all I'm tryna say bruh bruh ... ? just need to be consistent with they critiques
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let
    A
    ?
    Know

What's up with this Yeezus ? .
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda like the album....because its-

"different"

Seriously. I do.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so far i'm diggin it

im liking this house+reggae+minimalist hip hop style production style, still mad there's no Pusha feature, it would make sense and he would be perfect on some of these records
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pusha t would be perfect on new slave. Throw that ? on there with a couple wooooooo
    and it would be a classic.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's all I'm tryna say bruh bruh ... ? just need to be consistent with they critiques

where do u place this album on kanye albums (you can include wtt and cruel summer as kanye albums if you want) and what you think pitchfork gonna rate this?

also since u like kanye a lot (no diss) is there any other kanye album that upon first listen you were as confused as you were with this one?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? judging this ? like its kanye's last album or somthin.... Every album kanye has made is extremely different from the previous, it's bigger than just hip hop.... If lookin for that basic boring rap on wack beats than cop the cole album and ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited June 2013
    Options
    well hopsin worships a racist rapper and cross dresses so..................................
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the first listen I was Highly disappointed. After the 2nd listen I'm still disappointed, but not as much. I can't even rate this album yet, but I definitely expected more. Kanye has fell off on the production side smh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Yeezy season approaching
    ? whatever y'all been hearing
    ? what, ? whatever y'all been wearing
    The monster about to come alive again
    Soon as I pull up and park the Benz
    We get this ? shaking like Parkinsons
    Take my number and lock it in
    Indian hair, no moccasins
    It's too many hoes in this house of sin
    Real ? back in the house again
    Black Timbs all on your couch again
    Black ? all in your spouse again
    And I know she like chocolate men
    She got more ? off than Cochran (Huh)"

"Baby girl tryna get a nut
    And her girl tryna give it up
    Chopped em both down
    Don't judge 'em Joe Brown
    One last announcement
    No sports bra, lets keep it bouncin
    Everybody tryna live at the top of the mountain
    Took her to the bleau she tried to sip the fountain
    That when David Grutman kicked her out
    But I got her back in and put my ? in her mouth"

this is real deep ? ?
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im in it is dope af
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    I'm gonna ? you on the sink
    And then I'm gonna give you a drink
    eating asian ?
    all I needed was sweet and sour sauce
    It's so packed I might ride around on my bodyguard's back
    Like Prince in the club
    swaghili
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone still need a link pm me
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i listened to this album 5 times already and it is still wack as ? , its is so much random misguided bs
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried giving this ? a 3rd listen while waiting for my food at bbq's and my sticky wings turned into a extra large bowl of cheesy doo grits

f2u2hz.jpg

lol iiiiiiiii
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    "On Sight" (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
    2. "Black Skinhead" (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
    3. "I Am A ? " (Featuring ? ) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
    4. "New Slaves" (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
    5. "Hold My Liquor" (Feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
    6. "I’m In It" (Feat. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
    7. "Blood On" The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
    8. "Guilt Trip" (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
    9. "Send It Up" (Feat. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
    10. "Bound 2" (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]

co-writers?