Kanye dropped a 4.5/5 mics album

? UP ? .

Yessssss
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? want Kanye on that Boom Bap ? .

LMAO, you ? .

I swear you cannot evolved or remain stagnant.

Which one is it guys?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Yeezus>>>>illmatic, Paid In Full, ? , Mecca & The Soul Brother, Reasonable Doubt and Amerrika's Most Wanted.

You a trollin ass ? .

LMAO, you ? .

Which one is it guys?

It's not that ? want kanye on the style of Boom Bap beats; they want musical substance from Kanye. Is that too much to ask?

However, Kanye stated months ago that he would be making black music and people assumed he was going back to his roots of chicago style hip hop on soul beats. Ironically, he went the rock route; which is a style that was originated by black people, word to little richard.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    lechic wrote: »
    Yeezus>>>>illmatic, Paid In Full, ? , Mecca & The Soul Brother, Reasonable Doubt and Amerrika's Most Wanted.

You a trollin ass ? .

LMAO, you ? .

Which one is it guys?

It's not that ? want kanye on the style of Boom Bap beats; they want musical substance from Kanye. Is that too much to ask?

However, Kanye stated months ago that he would be making black music and people assumed he was going back to his roots of chicago style hip hop on soul beats. Ironically, he went the rock route; which is a style that was originated by black people, word to little richard.

But but Kanye evolved as an artist and had bang tracks and dope concept.

How am I trolling?

Musically it was amazing.

It's not classic because of On Sight.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LMAO, you ? .

Which one is it guys?

sit your presumptuous ass down. I just want to hear quality music, not ? electronic beats and yelling. Yes i say ? , i know what good electronic music is suppose to sound like.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album will separate the actual hip hop heads from the ? riders.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

LMAO, you ? .

Which one is it guys?

sit your presumptuous ass down. I just want to hear quality music, not ? electronic beats and yelling. Yes i say ? , i know what good electronic music is suppose to sound like.

Let me guess.

Born Sinner is better than this is it?

Shut your J. Cole dickidin self up.
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    production wise, the album is str8,
    The content tho, was disappointing. ? felt like a bait & switch
    The energy n hype, ain't live up 2 da product
    Ye drops New Slaves, projecting his big ass head, all across the globe.
    On some "hey world, I have something significant 2 say".
    I'm thinking, damn this ? is on his Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley ? .
    Then He spits Black Skin Head, on SNL with passion n venom. had a ? think, damn this ? is gonna b on his Mackaveli ,Tupac ? .
    Bob , Marvin & Pac all had a message.
    He names da album Yeezus, i'm thinking Jesus capitavated the world with his message. Ye is on 2 something.
    Then everyone who heard the album , called it anti-establishment.Had me out here getting hype.Thinking, this ? Yeezy is on some next level ? .

Then Yeezy comes out saying "? radio, ? mainstream, I'm onorthodox I'm about to change ? " I'm fiending @ this point.
    Then this ? leaks, and its like wow. Musically its ambitious ,thats it .
    He ain't spitting nothing special, He sound just like them ? on radio.might as well had Future all on this ? , ? would of proably been better
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok i just listen to this sh*t like 3 times already & the only song i can honestly say i dont like ironically is the song with chief kief. and still have yet to skip it.

so i personally deem this mf dope

yeesus be praised
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other than New Slaves, Kanye said Nothing of interest the whole album. Production was amazing, but Lyrically he didn't say anything. No concept to the album besides the way the production blends and even that was a little off. Idk how ? can listen to his music and totally ignore what he's saying, which was nothing.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    it will be intresting to see what happens with kanye's def jam contract coming up.

i think he had one album left on it, and he rushed this ? to get out the contract.

we all can realize this was rushed, from the date ye announced it, to the production, and little to no marketing for it. half the album wasn't done when he went on SNL and that was like 4 weeks ago. people can say it was planned that way or whatever but the end results seems like it was rushed.

Crazy how you pointed that out. Predominantly every music magazine that reviewed Kanye's album compared it to Neil Young's 1982 Trans album in which at that time of it's release he was in a heated contract dispute with Geffen records. Not saying that Kanye's not seeing eye to eye with def jam but this album, MDTF, Cruel Summer, and maybe 808's are eriely similar to the Neil Young situation.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never said anything about liking or not liking the album, you're creating things out of nothing. If you don't like it that's fine, I have no problem with that, and I'm not belittling you at all. All I was saying is that on the IC all that matters is whether someone personally likes it or not, which isn't the same as objectively judging something because that takes everything into consideration.

i feel what you trying to say, and even though i clown at times i do respect your thoughts on the album. I guess my main beef is when kanye came with some new slave concept and i am ? , i expected a critque of black culture or hip hop materialism or a true insight into all the concepts that it seemed like he was hyping, esp in the ny times interview. i expected a real thoughtful insightful album, i guess on the level of that mos def album, whose name i cant remember right now.

i feel as if kanye played all that ? up as if he WOULD do that, but i dont feel he did. i think he just took, as u said, chicago house music and said a few insightful lines, and then try to pass it off as some new age revolution ? . I think he missed the mark, and on top of that, i feel the actual music is not bumping the way i thought it was. i think he was too into style over substance and that this is more hype than it is quality.

esp bcuz kanye does tend to have thematic albums that are more cohesive in subject matter. i felt this one was all over the place. that's all im saying bruh. i respect that you like it as much as you do, i just don't see it.

I don't know if I like it or not and wasn't even talking about how I felt about it. It will take me some time to decide. I can't understand how people have already formed strong opinions about it when it hasn't been half a day since it leaked.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ayo what in the blue hell is that sample at 1:17 on that on sight ? sound like some ? white ? singin over a hbcu band, i need that ? in my life like now, that ? is stupid, other than that i feel like ? robocop tryna listen to this rest of this ?
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Humans. So hard to please.

No wonder why ? sometimes don't remain dominated for long.

Because you guys don't know wat y'all want?

If he made an album like LR pt.2

? will be saying that "It sounds like LR, why would I want to listen this when I already have it?"

LOL, whatever.
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    Ayo what in the blue hell is that sample at 1:17 on that on sight ? sound like some ? white ? singin over a hbcu band, i need that ? in my life like now, that ? is stupid, other than that i feel like ? robocop tryna listen to this rest of this ?

#$73
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsnJdmSHO_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even the people claiming the production is dope are reaching IMO.

The production on this album is nothing I haven't already heard executed a million times better by the very same people Kanye was trying to emulate.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »

#$73
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsnJdmSHO_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

3osq9k.jpg
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like Kanye literally said nothin on this album. Outside of New Slaves & Blk Skinheads, it was an album full of random raps. Like, he's rappin about ? ? the whole album.

Songs I enjoyed:
    New Slaves
    Black Skinheads
    I'm Up In It
    Blood on the Leaves
    Bound

All the other joints were cool, only song I'm really not feeling was that Chief Keef joint. Production is straight as always. Still kinda disappointed, I thought there would be a little more "New Slaves" type joints.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like Kanye literally said nothin on this album. Outside of New Slaves & Blk Skinheads, it was an album full of random raps. Like, he's rappin about ? ? the whole album.

Songs I enjoyed:
    New Slaves
    Black Skinheads
    I'm Up In It
    Blood on the Leaves
    Bound

All the other joints were cool, only song I'm really not feeling was that Chief Keef joint. Production is straight as always. Still kinda disappointed, I thought there would be a little more "New Slaves" type joints.
    MrWise wrote: »
    Other than New Slaves, Kanye said Nothing of interest the whole album. Production was amazing, but Lyrically he didn't say anything. No concept to the album besides the way the production blends and even that was a little off. Idk how ? can listen to his music and totally ignore what he's saying, which was nothing.

Couldn't of said it better. I Liked pretty much the same songs too.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

The production on this album is nothing I haven't already heard executed a million times better by the very same people Kanye was trying to emulate.

Who's he tryna emulate on "blood on the leaves" or "new slaves" or "black skin heads" ...
  • Purr
    Options
    lechic wrote: »

You a trollin ass ? .

LMAO, you ? .

Which one is it guys?

But but Kanye evolved as an artist and had bang tracks and dope concept.

How am I trolling?

Musically it was amazing.

It's not classic because of On Sight.

I have it in my email. I havent listened to the album yet. Im not really interested in his "evolution as an artist" because there is really nothing that he had released recently that had grabbed my attention.

I really digged watch the throne and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy production wise.
    His lyrics at the moment has no substance except for his egomaniac antics and grandiose bragging stunts.
    Plus, he is ALWAYS rapping about Amber or Alexis. Jesus.

808 was his most soul bearing album lyric wise.

• Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album sounded like he was going for a death grips sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    Album sounded like he was going for a death grips sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A

Well both sound like some ? , so Mission Accomplished I guess...
  • Purr
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Who's he tryna emulate on "blood on the leaves"

was about alexis and white dress that he had recently released.