The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Finals (The 2013 NBA Champs The Miami Heat)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    old but still funny
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    that was a bunch of marlarkey
    watched the debate post
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo this is Too Funny

Smush Parker fires back at Kobe Bryant

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-smush-parker-fires-back-at-kobe-bryant-20121012,0,1546011.story

Kobe Bryant always believed any passes he made to Smush Parker would go unfulfilled.

But after Bryant dished at length this week about how Parker didn't belong in the NBA, his former teammate fired some shots back.

“You can't knock the man's legacy, you can't knock what he's done in basketball," Parker told Hard 2 Guard Radio, as transcribed by Larry Brown Sports. "His work ethic is tremendous. There's not an ounce of hate in my blood whatsoever. The guy can play basketball -- you've seen that throughout his career.
    “What I don't like about him is the man that he is. His personality. How he treats people. I don't like that side of Kobe Bryant."

Bryant definitely showed that side as he sat in his locker room stall prior to the Lakers' preseason loss Wednesday to the Portland Trail Blazers. Though he was nursing a strained right shoulder that would keep him sidelined, Bryant was in high spirits, joking that he had a bone to pick with new teammate Steve Nash for winning the 2005-06 MVP with Phoenix, when the Lakers were a weaker team.

"I tell Steve, you won MVP but I was playing with Smush Parker," Bryant said. "He's playing with [Leandro] Barbosa. I'm playing with Smush and Kwame [Brown]. My goodness."

"Smush Parker was the worst," Bryant said. "He shouldn't have been in the NBA, but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. We let him walk on."

Nash said he didn't recall such a conversation with Bryant during training camp. But Parker said Bryant's comments reminded him of how he was treated by the Lakers superstar when they were teammates.

"Midway through the first season, I tried to at least have a conversation with Kobe Bryant -- he is my teammate, he is a coworker of mine, I see his face every day I go in to work -- and I tried to talk with him about football," Parker said. "He tells me I can't talk to him. He tells me I need more accolades under my belt before I come talk to him. He was dead serious."

"Basketball is a team sport. It is team-oriented. It is not an individual sport. It's not tennis or golf. It is a team sport. When you are the star of the team, you have to make your teammates feel comfortable. You have to make them feel welcome. And he did not do that at all.”

Parker said he didn't deserve Bryant's criticism. He averaged 11.5 points and 3.7 assists per game and finished ninth in the NBA with 140 steals during the 2005-06 season. The following year, Parker posted similar numbers in points (11.1) and assists (2.8).
    “Kobe Bryant says I'm the worst point guard, that I should have never made it into the NBA — he just frowns at the thought of me playing in the backcourt with him. Like Jay-Z says, people lie, numbers don't. Just go to the stats," Parker said. “If I don't deserve to play in the NBA, why am I third on all the stat sheets on the Lakers team those years? I'm top three in all the categories.”

But Parker was a lightning rod for criticism for other reasons, too. He was known to have a surly attitude and his professionalism often came into question, including the time he missed a team plane because he overslept. Former Lakers Coach Phil Jackson and Parker never saw eye to eye, either.

Still, Parker seems amazed that Bryant still carries such bitter memories.

“I'm lost for words .... It makes me blush. For my name to still come out of that man's mouth? It makes me blush."
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember tellin people Kobe wasnt a teammate dat talked to u heavy its a reason rookies dont flourish there lol
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    that was a bunch of marlarkey
    watched the debate post

@playmaker88 .....lolz
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe gave Smush another 15 mins of fame he should be happy lol
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See those quotes. That right there is why I never have and never will ? wit kobe bryant. He's a legend, he's one of the g.o.a.t but if y'all diehard kobe stans ever wonder why ? can't stand him quotes like those tell the story.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ kobe eating by himself at a restaurant while his whole team together at another table.

I remember that story a few yrs ago that derek fisher never been to kobe's house after all those years. Only reason kobe so dedicated on his game getting better is because he has no friends.

I remember smush parker signed with the heat in like 07' but never played because he assaulted that parking attendant woman lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ kobe eating by himself at a restaurant while his whole team together at another table.

I remember that story a few yrs ago that derek fisher never been to kobe's house after all those years. Only reason kobe so dedicated on his game getting better is because he has no friends.

I remember smush parker signed with the heat in like 07' but never played because he assaulted that parking attendant woman lol

Low point in Heat franchise history lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dion Waiters got a nice jump shot for the Cavs

This Bulls bench need to get it together
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    i heard Nate was turnin it ova like a mawfucka tonight yall gon have a love/hate relationship wit Nate Rob lls
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Suns are going to be terrible this year and that new home court is even worse
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perry Jones III gone be alright considering how far down he fell
  • BallerzLounge
    BallerzLounge Members Posts: 8
    Options
    See what NBA Players are saying about Rick Ross mixtape Black Bar Mitzvah at http://tweetviewz.tumblr.com/

Reactions posted daily
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    the more I watch Jeff Green play, the more the James Worthy comparison is right on the money
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the more I watch Jeff Green play, the more the James Worthy comparison is right on the money

LOL Stop it 5!!!!!!!!!!!

• its....JOHN B
    Options

LOL Stop it 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you get ahead of yourself nobody is saying hes as good as Worthy was, its his style of play thats comparable and hes surprised a lot of people this pre season so far including me, my expectations are a lot higher for him going into the season

• BlackAX410
    Options
    Green's skill set was always versatile his problem was aggression thankfully he's lookin for his shot dis year
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    nd I'll say dis Bass betta get it together soon before his startin spot is taken by Big Sully
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYK chis Copland is coming up
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    nd I'll say dis Bass betta get it together soon before his startin spot is taken by Big Sully

I agree but I almost want that to happen
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    PiffyHaze wrote: »

He looks pretty good, him and Sully are goin at it
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PiffyHaze wrote: »

He looks pretty good, him and Sully are goin at it

yea they are. Who yu think is doing better
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    maybe i'm biased but I gotta go with Sully, Copeland had a stretch where he was killin it tho, I turned to the boxing fight I dont know whats going on in ot
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heat/clippers in 35 min on nbatv