The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Finals (The 2013 NBA Champs The Miami Heat)

Options

Comments

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh smith is one of the most frustrating players to watch, for every great play he makes he has two horrible plays
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    $pyda wrote: »
    Brooklyn should make a run for Josh Smith. YOLO

That would make sense.. Derron would make him a better player for sure.. But who do you trade for Smith?.. Lopez just got a Max.. So would you give up Brooke and some filler for Josh?. Who would play the 5?.. Blatche?..

knicks need trade Amare to BK
    for Humpries and filler, allowing NYK to sign CP3 next summer creating the PG mecca in NYC. D-will aka the best PG in da League will have Amare looking like 2010 again

Not sure if serious.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Brooklyn should make a run for Josh Smith. YOLO

That would make sense.. Derron would make him a better player for sure.. But who do you trade for Smith?.. Lopez just got a Max.. So would you give up Brooke and some filler for Josh?. Who would play the 5?.. Blatche?..

knicks need trade Amare to BK
    for Humpries and filler, allowing NYK to sign CP3 next summer creating the PG mecca in NYC. D-will aka the best PG in da League will have Amare looking like 2010 again

Not sure if serious.

serious!!!
    BK owner has long money but cuz of salary cap, yall cant sign any free agents, so only can improve with trades, Amare needs a star PG to thrive, Lopez, Amare, Joe, and D-will is great on Offense, (they will suck on D fyi)

everyone and there momma knows CP3 wants to be a knick
    cp3 be in bmore working out wit melo every summer. but they have to get rid of a big contract (tyson or amare) to make room to sign cp3, he like it LAC but NYK is his first choice. if knicks cant trade Amare then CP3 will just stay in LA cuz Dallas has no pieces even tho they have the $$ to sign him
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, thats not happening.
    The Russian wont help the Knicks take Amare off their hands so they can end up with CP3
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh Smith has told the Hawks that he isn't going to sign an extension during the season. He'd rather wait to become a free agent, when he can get a five-year deal. An extension would limit him to a three-year deal, according to the new CBA rules. New GM Danny Ferry has upwards of 10 players who could be free agents at seasons end.

What team would be the best fit for Josh Smith? He probably wouldn't go there but I think he'd be a nice addition to Sacramento with some of the young talent they have out there. Honestly he can fit on most squads cuz he can be effective without the ball in his hands.

You do realize that just means he's waiting the offseason like every other FA with value. He's probably not getting traded
  • DaBull
    Options
    Lakers will prolly swing a lopsided ass trade deadline deal for josh Smith sumthin like Antwan jamison a 1st round pick nd Jodie Meeks

Atlanta is down to take Pau and make him center and move Horford to the PF spot in a Josh/Pau trade, LA would do it cuz him and dwight is boys but Mitch Kupchak tryna give be loyal to Kobe cuz he really dont want Pau gone. the Josh/Pau trade almost went down back in June but LA was being greedy asking for Josh and teague for Pau and blake
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's only pre-season but so far 3 players are exactly how I thought they were. Asik has been rebounding, playing great d and blocking shots, lamb been knocking down 3's and playing well and lin been looking flabby and sick. I expect this ? to continue...
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Josh Smith has told the Hawks that he isn't going to sign an extension during the season. He'd rather wait to become a free agent, when he can get a five-year deal. An extension would limit him to a three-year deal, according to the new CBA rules. New GM Danny Ferry has upwards of 10 players who could be free agents at seasons end.

What team would be the best fit for Josh Smith? He probably wouldn't go there but I think he'd be a nice addition to Sacramento with some of the young talent they have out there. Honestly he can fit on most squads cuz he can be effective without the ball in his hands.

You do realize that just means he's waiting the offseason like every other FA with value. He's probably not getting traded

Exactly... he just wants max since he's the leader of the team now.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right but I thought he'd be able to test free agency even in doing so.
  • blackjack2012
    Options

You're right but I thought he'd be able to test free agency even in doing so.

He will be able to test free agency that's why they should trade before the deadline because he will be gone
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am in shock that James Worthy was disrespected on the last page being compared to heart problem Jeff green smh @ Celtic fans
    celtics broadcasters feel he has da same skill set not talent but i aint gonna make dat comparison at all Worthy is a hall of famer Green has a long way to go before he's in da same breath dont lump us all together lol

Come on bruh....lol it's widely known those dudes are among the most biased commentators in the league.

Nah its Gorman that first said it and Donnie Marshall agreeing with him, Tommy Heinson is the one whose biased, hes just comparing characteristics hes not saying hes the next James Worthy or anything

Thank you for clearing that up, ? flying off the handle and didnt even know the whole story.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    My Spurs got Eddie Curry... I don't know how I feel about it but if anyone can whip him back into shape Pop can... And Duncan can mentor him
    @ocelot He's already back in shape now but the defense part..............Yall might be on ya own with that one

121001_mediaday_011.jpg
    940x.jpg

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I loved basketball and played growing up, I care less and less about it now for some reason
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I loved basketball and played growing up, I care less and less about it now for some reason

Why? @kinghassan
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they need to investigate the Rockets GM for drug use. I'm still lost on why they wer so deadset on getting rid of Scola and Lowry.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    they need to investigate the Rockets GM for drug use. I'm still lost on why they wer so deadset on getting rid of Scola and Lowry.

Its called being a trash organization after the year 2008
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

good to know
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

Scola is old and Lowry was beefing wit the coach plus we got a lottery pick out of him. Why keep scola and lowry? So we can remain mediocre? Not to mention we have d-mo and terrance jones who have potential. As good as scola was he was a liability on defense. The year before last Houston was third in the league in point and STILL didn't make the playoffs because our defense was ass. Asik may be overrated but I'd be willing to bet he will be the third best defensive/rebounding center in the league this year. The Rockets had no direction. Why try to keep a competitive team....... IF YOU'RE not competing. In the NBA your either a contender or you're rebuilding. Being in the middle is the worst, now we're rebuilding which I'm fine with.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    josh smith would be a good look in chicago
  • DaBull
    Options

rockets GM is into advanced stats, he goes by those dumb metrics, which is why he signed asik to all that $$$, advanced stats say he is the 2nd best defensive Center in da league behind dwight. lol these math geeks are ? up the game, word to john hollinger. FOH with a PER ranking
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

rockets GM is into advanced stats, he goes by those dumb metrics, which is why he signed asik to all that $$$, advanced stats say he is the 2nd best defensive Center in da league behind dwight. lol these math geeks are ? up the game, word to john hollinger. FOH with a PER ranking

even though I think Morey is a gm I agree. Get the FOH wit that stat geek ? .
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Word lol, isn't he the one that host that big sports statistic convention ever year where sports geeks from all over the country come to converge
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    Gordan dragic >>>>>>>Jeremy lin

I don't understand why the rockets let him leave
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

Word lol, isn't he the one that host that big sports statistic convention ever year where sports geeks from all over the country come to converge

yep....... I'd love to hear the terminology used in those meetings. Prolly some ? thats way over my head.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Spurs got Eddie Curry... I don't know how I feel about it but if anyone can whip him back into shape Pop can... And Duncan can mentor him

The hard part will be to get him to commit to the defensive end. That was his problem here in Miami.

If that's his problem he might not get any playing time here...