A journey of mine into Freemasonry

Options

Comments

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Running around in circles with this. If you don't intend on actually doing a form of magic there's no point in getting involved in any occult/esoteric information on any level. Trying to decode this information from the outside in just for the sake of knowing leads to nothing but mass confusion.

This is true, there many books, most myths & legends, they are shrouded in allegory & code that is unintelligible to the masses... A lot of it simply can not be grasped on an intellectual level with out experiential knowledge... People who run in those circles don't say things like "one must have the eyes to see" for no reason... Layers upon layers, decipherable by only those who practice, rather than preAch. Unfortunately the preaching crowd is what the vast majority of Freemasons belong to anyways. Eh. 95% of it is a fraternity, oblivious to its origin, hollowed of its true essence.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Gone head let them ? ? yo head up
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is 33 the number that enlightens the brothers?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Running around in circles with this. If you don't intend on actually doing a form of magic there's no point in getting involved in any occult/esoteric information on any level. Trying to decode this information from the outside in just for the sake of knowing leads to nothing but mass confusion.
    This kind of sums it up. Any organization that practices in black magic and operates in secrecy doesn't represent truth. The truth shouldn't need to be decoded.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ? is all knowing and has 360 degrees of knowledge, why does freemasonry only consist of 33 degrees?

I'm under the belief they much filter the information they feed their inductees. One could just look to Islam for the Truth
  • major pain
    Options
    So far, we have Christianity being the "truth" and now Islam being the "truth".

All the while Freemasonry makes no attempt at competing for ... this "truth" because its not a religion. Oh and now we're apparently magicians.

Hilarious.
  • Melqart
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

All the while Freemasonry makes no attempt at competing for ... this "truth" because its not a religion. Oh and now we're apparently magicians.

Hilarious.

a small minority, yes. with a higher percentage in the past, im inclined to say, yes.
  • blackamerica
    Options

Hilarious.
    According to Albert Pike it is
  • major pain
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

Hilarious.

a small minority, yes. with a higher percentage in the past, im inclined to say, yes.

But wait.. the other guy has mentioned Freemasons are meeting in secret to be devil worshipers etc. and is now joining in on the "black magic" thing. How does this line up with your "small" percent? Is one of you right and the other wrong? I dont see how both of you could be right. If we're to believe the negative assertions, we do all these good things in public, but evil things in private? It would stand to reason you're both wrong. Occam's razor etc.

What is this "small" percent? What is their purpose? Freemasonry is built upon good men doing good things (which is very public). This "small" percent; it would also stand to reason that these are the "elite". So, to ascend to this level to get to delve into black magic, one would have to be prominent in Freemasonry. All that said, am I to understand part of this theory would be for one to have a long history of doing good in the public eye JUST to do a complete 180 to start doing evil?

Quite the theory indeed. Sounds like a Nolan plot.
  • Melqart
    Options

Hilarious.

But wait.. the other guy has mentioned Freemasons are meeting in secret to be devil worshipers etc. and is now joining in on the "black magic" thing. How does this line up with your "small" percent? Is one of you right and the other wrong? I dont see how both of you could be right. If we're to believe the negative assertions, we do all these good things in public, but evil things in private? It would stand to reason you're both wrong. Occam's razor etc.

What is this "small" percent? What is their purpose? Freemasonry is built upon good men doing good things (which is very public). This "small" percent; it would also stand to reason that these are the "elite". So, to ascend to this level to get to delve into black magic, one would have to be prominent in Freemasonry. All that said, am I to understand part of this theory would be for one to have a long history of doing good in the public eye JUST to do a complete 180 to start doing evil?

I myself never mentioned anything about black magic. im not a big fan of the whole freemasonry are devil worshippers conspiracy personally... there probably are luciferians within freemasonry but i really dont believe that represent even a sliver of freemasonry... nor do i believe they guide freemasonry as a whole.. most of this speculation that people talk about is misunderstood symbolism in my opinion... I have nothing but respect for what most masons do for their communities. if youre looking for some of the magicians of the freemasonic lineage... look no further than the S.R.I.A... i can say no more...
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hilarious.

Who said anything about freemasons being magicians?
  • major pain
    Options

Hilarious.
    According to Albert Pike it is

Well, first of all, you're wrong. You cannot find that quote in any of his writings.

Second, even if he did, Pike was not and is not the final authority on all things masonic.

Nice try.
  • major pain
    Options

Hilarious.

I myself never mentioned anything about black magic. im not a big fan of the whole freemasonry are devil worshippers conspiracy personally... there probably are luciferians within freemasonry but i really dont believe that represent even a sliver of freemasonry... nor do i believe they guide freemasonry as a whole.. most of this speculation that people talk about is misunderstood symbolism in my opinion... I have nothing but respect for what most masons do for their communities. if youre looking for some of the magicians of the freemasonic lineage... look no further than the S.R.I.A... i can say no more...

I must have mistaken you and the other person talking about magic. My bad.

A very defined line should be made between Freemasonry and organizations started as a result of a group of Freemasons doing something collectively and another line between that and organizations like SRIA.

Rosicrucians have been around a long time and none of what I've read of the order has any legitimate claim on ritual magic or otherwise. Along with that, the only connections between that order and Freemasonry is that some Freemasons have also been Rosicrucians.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IC is chock full of superstitious ? .
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Major... Bruh you know there are non Masons out here that know way more about the Craft than we actual Freemasons do... They can't overcome their own "knowledge" in order to receive the Light.. Interesting comments though...
  • born7od
    born7od Members Posts: 19
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I live in a fairly remote area. Work full time. New career as of 2 years ago. Family have passed away. Have a few work friends who are of an older age. Great guys, but not always going to spend the weekends hangin' out with them. Few female friends through heading out in town and also was looking at organizations within the area.. and approx a 45min drive away I came across the Freemason fraternity.. I emailed the guy on the website.. explained my situation said would like to be part of an organization meet some new people, they meet up every second Wednesday of each month.. he said call the number and can organize to meet and chat further..

Is there anyone who is a member?

Have you any opinions on them?

I was raised in 2011, I joined out of curiousity, to see what the big secret was about. My pops and grandpops are freemasons. I'm Prince Hall Affliated & F&AM. (Free and Accepted Mason). I'm not as active due to hectic work schedule. Its a great organization, that do a lot of community service work, and fund raisers.

It's no different than college frats, establishing lifelong connections and etc.

what ever you do, make sure you do knowledge on the lodge, and make sure they are legit, and not a non recognized, or clandestine lodge.

• born7od
    born7od Members Posts: 19
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    The origins of masonry goes back with Moor people. Moor people were masons, they brought it to America. Then George Washington and his rich cronies became masons.

This is not true. American Freemasonry began when masons from the United Grand Lodge of England (oldest, recorded and recognized body; note I didnt say STARTED or orginated Freemasonry) started creating lodges in America.
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Batman. wrote: »
    The origins of masonry goes back with Moor people. Moor people were masons, they brought it to America. Then George Washington and his rich cronies became masons.

See this why I went ahead with posting a thread, to find out something I definitely had no idea off and not just speculation. I had some Scottish guys claiming it started in Scotland?

Few different takes on its origins

There are only theories on where Freemasonry originated. What is known is that stone masons, at one point developed guilds or "lodges" and eventually non-stone masons were allowed to join. Hence the addition of the 'free' part. Now consider how long stone masons have been around... and this concept can apply to many different points in recorded history.
    The stone masons, were operative masons, the masons today are speculative.

• blackamerica
    Options
    Major... Bruh you know there are non Masons out here that know way more about the Craft than we actual Freemasons do... They can't overcome their own "knowledge" in order to receive the Light.. Interesting comments though...
    ? talking in codes again lol..

Real talk, you Mason ? really
    need Jesus. The truth is transparent. Anything done in secrecy can't be of righteousness. ? yo "light". I'll pray you still
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goes home and ? wife in the beloved.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Masons are trash. They can be found in places like hospitals, behavorial centers,police, judges, lawyers, politicians, etc. anywhere where people have an un-natural amount of power and control is where they can be found. That's there plain sight kick. There all about power and control just like the government so they are nothing more than pigs.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The amount of ignorance in this thread...SMH. Truly educate yourselves and know what you speak about before you blurt out spineless conspiracy theories.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One day i ll be one of them
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo is better. water_buffalo_hat.jpg
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of misunderstood facts about freemasonry.