Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Options

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOUT DAMN TIME! im glad i didnt reserve that ps4 yet! lol.. i knew they would change that tone in their voice one they seen how many M's they was gonna lose
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    now the only legs ps4 gotta stand on is raw tech specs.. lol we know the ps3 was a powerhouse too... see where that got em... like @blazini was saying tho.. nobody acknowledging that the pay for online play was the BIGGEST arguing point for ps3 user! lol
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    The future was so close. Never understood why ? thought you couldn't lend your games at all. I see why M$ just said ? it.

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971385_490896970980191_332590941_n.jpg[/img]

That ? can't be real.

Its not anymore. Previously, you could share your entire digitial game library with any 10 people you wanted. It didn't even matter if it was purchased in a store because all the games had to be installed anyway and put on the cloud. M$ said this repeatedly, but ? wasnt trying to hear it so now its gone. Now we are back to physical disk that can only be shared with one person, in person.

i dont see how they still couldnt work this in... just for downloaded games tho, let them be but in the share folder or whatever
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    However you wanna twist and turn it. The people won this round. Consumers 1 - 0 Corporations
    But it had nothing to do with the people. You had idiots like focus actually hoping that Sony would do the same thing. Imagine if they did then DRM would be the future. This proves that MS is a ? company because this time they could not bully their competitors and have their way. Anyone who supports MS is a ? chump point blank period. I can't believe the morons that took up for the whole DRM and always online thing to begin with.

? why because they wanted to change the game a bit instead of putting out a new system with updated graphics??? Putting money in Devs pockets is never a bad move...the online thing was prob the only they needed to change...

Exactly, the online check in was the biggest complaint as well as the region support. Now M$ just decided that if you don't want any of our new policies you won't get any at all. Good or bad. Like a kid on a playfield that lost and took his ball and went home so nobody else could play.

what yall not realizing is.. the whole purpose of the check in was for DRM ... no online check in = No DRM policies ..

but i still dont see how they cant still implement some of the cloud gaming things anyways
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    now the only legs ps4 gotta stand on is raw tech specs.. lol we know the ps3 was a powerhouse too... see where that got em... like @blazini was saying tho.. nobody acknowledging that the pay for online play was the BIGGEST arguing point for ps3 user! lol

lol Why do people still talk like the PS3 got smashed this generation? It had a late start and too high an initial price tag and to date it has still outsold the 360.

And you dudes keep on ignoring the fact that the Sony has not abandoned free online with the PS4. It has already been stated that there is nothing requiring you to have PSN+ to play online. It's left completely up to the developer whether or not to require that, so it is more likely that you'll still be able to play multiplayer for free in most games but PSN+ will likely get you some added perks in that multiplayer just like it does now.
    Karl. wrote: »
    The future was so close. Never understood why ? thought you couldn't lend your games at all. I see why M$ just said ? it.

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971385_490896970980191_332590941_n.jpg[/img]

That ? can't be real.

Its not anymore. Previously, you could share your entire digitial game library with any 10 people you wanted. It didn't even matter if it was purchased in a store because all the games had to be installed anyway and put on the cloud. M$ said this repeatedly, but ? wasnt trying to hear it so now its gone. Now we are back to physical disk that can only be shared with one person, in person.

i dont see how they still couldnt work this in... just for downloaded games tho, let them be but in the share folder or whatever

This. Limited licenses and downloads are already common without any complex DRM policy.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    However you wanna twist and turn it. The people won this round. Consumers 1 - 0 Corporations
    But it had nothing to do with the people. You had idiots like focus actually hoping that Sony would do the same thing. Imagine if they did then DRM would be the future. This proves that MS is a ? company because this time they could not bully their competitors and have their way. Anyone who supports MS is a ? chump point blank period. I can't believe the morons that took up for the whole DRM and always online thing to begin with.

? why because they wanted to change the game a bit instead of putting out a new system with updated graphics??? Putting money in Devs pockets is never a bad move...the online thing was prob the only they needed to change...

Exactly, the online check in was the biggest complaint as well as the region support. Now M$ just decided that if you don't want any of our new policies you won't get any at all. Good or bad. Like a kid on a playfield that lost and took his ball and went home so nobody else could play.

what yall not realizing is.. the whole purpose of the check in was for DRM ... no online check in = No DRM policies ..

but i still dont see how they cant still implement some of the cloud gaming things anyways

Its not that they can't, they just won't now as a F U. You shoud read Don Mattrick's original policy reversal announcement. That ? vowed revenge. This is only the beginning.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Its not that they can't, they just won't now as a F U. You shoud read Don Mattrick's original policy reversal announcement. That ? vowed revenge. This is only the beginning.

Ok, so shouldn't you be madder at M$ instead of hanging on their nuts in defense. You guys are making it seem like people railing against the bad policies are what is stifling progress when in reality it's just M$ being sore losers that is doing it.
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options

Ok, so shouldn't you be madder at M$ instead of hanging on their nuts in defense. You guys are making it seem like people railing against the bad policies are what is stifling progress when in reality it's just M$ being sore losers that is doing it.

LOL. Sorry, but no. I just don't understand you ? who claim to be gamers but just need to be mad about these new consoles. None of these policies really affect me one way or the other so its all jokes for me. I'm happy and excited about new games. *shrugs*
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »

please brah...for the love of gaming...tell me you didnt think Don Mattrick ACTUALLY wrote that...

Why so serious?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

LOL. Sorry, but no. I just don't understand you ? who claim to be gamers but need to be mad about these new consoles. None of these policies really affect me one way or the other so its all jokes for me. I'm happy and excited about new games. *shrugs*

What do you mean by you ? ? I haven't been mad about one thing, but I know when it comes to console/brand dickriders, you are by far the worst. All before you were defending them for their policies. Then you were touting them for abandoning their policies. Now you're giving them a pass sticking it to their customer base for rebelling against them? If you're just happy and excited about new games, then why do you put so much effort into felating M$ and go out of your way to try and bash Sony?
  • focus
    Options

LOL. Sorry, but no. I just don't understand you ? who claim to be gamers but need to be mad about these new consoles. None of these policies really affect me one way or the other so its all jokes for me. I'm happy and excited about new games. *shrugs*

What do you mean by you ? ? I haven't been mad about one thing, but I know when it comes to console/brand dickriders, you are by far the worst. All before you were defending them for their policies. Then you were touting them for abandoning their policies. Now you're giving them a pass sticking it to their customer base for rebelling against them? If you're just happy and excited about new games, then why do you put so much effort into felating M$ and go out of your way to try and bash Sony?

Imma let you finish, but...

n5104538adb4dc.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Clever comeback. Not really, but I'm sure you think it is, so go for it.
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Clever comeback. Not really, but I'm sure you think it is, so go for it.

You done?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yep.

Cool. Feel better night.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monk, take a step back and look at who youre arguing with. A ? with spellcheck who just looked up a kanye pic on Bing lmao. There's plenty of posters to discuss the pros and cons of all systems. Focus ain't one of them.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    PSA if focus clicks on feelings, it's likely he caught feelings. Expect an email @sion
  • focus
    Options
    If only PlayStation All Flops Battle Royale had a sale for everytime this night said my name. LOL.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    If only it had a sale every time focus mentions it.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If only it had a sale every time focus mentions it.

lol.....he mentions that ? more than anybody on this board who owns......I find that ? weird....
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? pick Focus out to be some Stan...Yall are really no different.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    He probably had a nightmare that sly cooper, kratos, and sackboy ran train on his mother or something. its ingrained in his chicken fried brain.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You ? pick Focus out to be some Stan...Yall are really no different.

? please. That dude is on another level from than anyone here. We all have our biases, but if you really think he is no different than everyone else then you must be just like him.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Ok. Enough talking about a spineless ? . Back to talking about a spineless company. Latest rumor is that now Kinect isn't required anymore.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sure hope so