HTTR : The Official 2013/2014 Washington Redskins Thread

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now Big Jarvis gets hit with the 4 game suspension.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are talking about moving Baker over to DE to cover for Jenkins...He's good against the run but he's not gonna generate the pressure on QB's that Jenkins would have
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? what any ? in here talkin bout, Skins goin 11-5 this year NFC east champs!!! Super Bowl bound!!! SkinsUp, whoever the ? yo team is Down!!!
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just signed nick barnett..too many potential nagging injuries so far in camp
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    just signed nick barnett..too many potential nagging injuries so far in camp

Rob Jackson being out the first 4 games didnt help. We more than str8 at LB tho
  • BDBIID
    Options
    We'll be aight, I'll take our lil injuries over what some teams have been dealt so far. I ? with the Barnett signing too. Keep building that depth.

From all accounts even Chris Russell's (dude sucks as a reporter) Aldrick been killin' it in camp so far. I had him as being an emerging impact player last season for us and he made big plays just not consistently. I think dude breaks out this season.
  • Stew
    Options
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew Rambo was gonna be a steal, and I posted that in the draft thread y'all got a future star
  • Stew
    Options
    First day in full pads. ? bout to get real

BQwYGafCYAA-dBq.jpg
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Riggo and Alf.

[img]http://? .images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/? /REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempRiggo3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720[/img]

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to pay Grossman as a QB'S coach because at this point that's all he really is. Pat White played well for being out of the game so long, I'd like for him to be our 3rd string so we can finally get rid of Rex monkey ass.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Reflections from last night:

1) Kirk gonna get get us a hell of a coup when we move him in the future. Peter King tweeted yesterday that he heard in plenty of NFL circles Kirk could fetch us a 1st.

2) The Rookies:

PT got hurt early couldn't really make a full assessment of him.

Amerson had a hell of a game covering wise although he dropped on pick. Against the run he was aggressive but he was lunging a lot a tackles. That's correctable though.

Rambo played solid against the pass. He got put out on an island the two TD plays. CJ2k would do that to damn near 90% of safeties in the league in the open field. The Shonn Greene play he took a slightly bad angle. But that's one of the hardest adjustments for defenders coming into the league. Gauging actual speed and knowing proper angles. Correctable.

BJenk is just a baller man. That package with him, Rak and Kerrigan gonna ? up a lot of QB's. Easy to see why he was considered FSU's best pass rusher (over Werner and Carridine) before his injury.

CT, Reed and Thompson didn't play.

3)Helu look healthy finally. ? can get ugly for squads with Helu spelling Alf instead of the extra regular Royster.

4) WR play looking better. Josh looks fully healthy, last season you could see he still was laboring he looks more fluid this year.

Aldrick had a bad drop early but the bright spot is he is getting seperation on short and intermediate routes. Which is a testament to him improving his route running.

All we need from Hank is for him to play with a sense of urgency. He showed it last night with his TD effort. Just need to do it consistently.

5) Crawford continues to do nothing but make plays. He's not the fastest, quickest or none of that but he is a smart player who rarely puts himself out of position.

6)Fred looks more healthy than I expected him at this point. Niles is actually catching the ball consistently and Logan continues to be Mr. Reliable.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @allday1992

you are relieved of the rambo gif, its time to pass it to BDB and the rest of the skins fans for use
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moyo
    Options
    @BDB our 1st team D made me hit last night especially Orakpo with all of that over pursuing but we'll correct that by week 1.
  • Stew
    edited August 2013
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Rambo played solid against the pass. He got put out on an island the two TD plays. CJ2k would do that to damn near 90% of safeties in the league in the open field. The Shonn Greene play he took a slightly bad angle. But that's one of the hardest adjustments for defenders coming into the league. Gauging actual speed and knowing proper angles. Correctable.

Im sure there were a lot of fans on his ass last night, thats why I stay away from social media during games. 1. The dude is a rookie. 2. Like u said, that was Chris Johnson, likely to happen to any safety in the league. 3. His strength is coverage in the open field, not coming up to be a linebacker.

Overall solid game all around outside of a few plays on defense and a couple drops on O. Kirk is looking like we expected him to look, I seen Peter King talkin bout him, no surprise there. Helu looked great considering he's been out for almost a year and a half, he was voted on to the All Rookie team a couple seasons ago for a reason. Looks like our WR's will be much improved this year which is much needed so we dont have to depend on Griff to be runnin all over the field. Pretty hype for the season.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    @BDB our 1st team D made me hit last night especially Orakpo with all of that over pursuing but we'll correct that by week 1.

Yeah the run d def was missing Cofield. But like I said in the NFL thread a lot of the rust comes from Shanny not believing in full tackling in TC so we were bound to be somewhat rusty against the run.
  • moyo
    Options
    Fa sho. Shanahans training camp approach has its pros and cons. But it's cool cuz in week 1 our boys will be fresh like a Mufucka. I also think we need a package wit Pat white, that boy could be awesome in our offense in certain situations.
  • Stew
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    Fa sho. Shanahans training camp approach has its pros and cons. But it's cool cuz in week 1 our boys will be fresh like a Mufucka. I also think we need a package wit Pat white, that boy could be awesome in our offense in certain situations.

lol What!? Bruh, he will not be on that 53 man roster and only reason he's signed now is......take a guess.
  • moyo
    Options
    Hey Man U never know. I always thought P. White was good since his days @ WVU, but I know they jus using him as a RG3 wanna be for right now. I bet he @ least make the practice squad this year.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best thread in Cheap Seats IMO

only comp we got for NFC champs again is the Giants

Eagles are a question mark

and Dallas is at the bottom of the pile haha

sportsnation.jpg?w=620&h=380

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    best thread in Cheap Seats IMO

only comp we got for NFC champs again is the Giants

Eagles are a question mark

and Dallas is at the bottom of the pile haha

? the last 2 years the cowboys LAST game was a "win and you're in the playoffs" how is that the bottom of the pile ? ? . The eagles gon be at the bottom followed closely by yall Its gonna be between us and the giants.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oooh I cant wait for the real season to start.

I get Lebron vibes from RG3-b/c dude is so hard to match up with, as long as everybody else plays their small part, its gon be TOUGH to be us week in and week out.

The read option + Alfred + potentiallY GREAT recieving back in Helu + Fred Davis + RG3 can pick up any 3rd and short on his own if needed = good luck gettin us off the field.

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    For one, RG3 gon be hurt by week 10

Secondly.... Lol @ thinking an offense focused on the read option 85% of the time for the 2nd year in a row is gonna prosper.

D Coordinators adjust, it won't be as effective as last year. Especially with Shannahan not wanting rg3 to run as much.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    ^ Him mad.

And oh yeah.
    Book
    Marked