HTTR : The Official 2013/2014 Washington Redskins Thread

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as the Pat White move. I highly doubt Pat makes it past week 4. Gotta remember we get Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins back Week 5 (our bye) from their suspensions. So two people will have to be cut for them.

I'm almost certain the two will be White and Merling. I hope some desperate team trades for Pat so we can receive some compensation but I doubt it.

Other than that I'm glad Nick Williams and Minnifield made it back to the PS. Nick Williams has the potential to be Our future slot. He's very Welker,Amendola-ish.

# changes include.

Rambo 29 to 24
    Chris Thompson 35 to 25
    Nick Barnett 90 to 55
    Brandon Jenkins 57 to 51
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    As far as the Pat White move. I highly doubt Pat makes it past week 4. Gotta remember we get Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins back Week 5 (our bye) from their suspensions. So two people will have to be cut for them.

I'm almost certain the two will be White and Merling. I hope some desperate team trades for Pat so we can receive some compensation but I doubt it.

Other than that I'm glad Nick Williams and Minnifield made it back to the PS. Nick Williams has the potential to be Our future slot. He's very Welker,Amendola-ish.

# changes include.

Rambo 29 to 24
    Chris Thompson 35 to 25
    Nick Barnett 90 to 55
    Brandon Jenkins 57 to 51

Damn bruh, Y u want Pat gone so bad??? Lol
  • moyo
    Options
    I'm so glad Madeiu Williams sorry ass gone, that boy had no centerfield cover skills whatsoever. I hate it for Dejon Gomes I thought he had potential, but wit Rambo stepping up & Merriweather seemingly back healthy it made him expendable.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

# changes include.

Rambo 29 to 24
    Chris Thompson 35 to 25
    Nick Barnett 90 to 55
    Brandon Jenkins 57 to 51

Damn bruh, Y u want Pat gone so bad??? Lol

It ain't that I want him gone bad. That's just what I think is gonna happen. I have a hard time believing we're gonna carry 4 QB's for an extended period of time.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    I'm so glad Madeiu Williams sorry ass gone, that boy had no centerfield cover skills whatsoever. I hate it for Dejon Gomes I thought he had potential, but wit Rambo stepping up & Merriweather seemingly back healthy it made him expendable.

Yeah I rather play with 10 defenders than play with MaDooDoo Williams ever again.
  • moyo
    Options

Yeah I rather play with 10 defenders than play with MaDooDoo Williams ever again.
    Hell yeah!!! ? that sorry ass ? . I'm still hot wit that ? for lettin Cruz torch him n the 1st Giants game last year. We coulda swept the division. Smh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Wasn't a fan of Gomes or Williams.
  • Stew
    Options
  • moyo
    Options
    That ? tight as ? !!!
  • moyo
    Options
    It's almost time!!!
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Philly stole us early. We got going too late. ? happens 0-1. On to Lambeau.

Will be back with full synopsis later.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Full post game thoughts:

The Bad:

Rak had an issue setting the edge when Philly ran a lot of their runs. Gotta clean that up.

Griff and the rest of the O gotta get on the same page and clicking. Won't call it rust cause that excuse but yea......

Alf had a pedestrian night sometimes due to his own doing. Seen him read the blocking wrong more than a few times tonight. The fumble ain't help. Think he should be straight though.

Tackling. Not necessarily the open tackle misses of Vick and Shady in the open field. That's when they are their best. I'm more concerned at times where in traffic we would hit them at the line of scrimmage and they would still manage 4 5 yard gains. Gotta clean that up.

Good:

Offense got in a rhythm in the 2nd half. Look to build on that next week.

Jordan Reed quietly had a hell of a game. Caught some tough passes thrown his way. Gonna be good for us.

Baccari and DA. For as much as cats was clowning Rambo for missing some open field tackles on some of the leagues best in open field. He finished with 10 Taks(6 solo 4 ast) and a sack. And DA played solid didn't make any clear mistakes (will watch the game again to analyze further) but off 1st watch he played well.

All in all we will be fine. The resiliency we showed late showed me a lot. On to GB.

• Stew
    Options
    Full post game thoughts:

The Bad:

Rak had an issue setting the edge when Philly ran a lot of their runs. Gotta clean that up.

Griff and the rest of the O gotta get on the same page and clicking. Won't call it rust cause that excuse but yea......

Alf had a pedestrian night sometimes due to his own doing. Seen him read the blocking wrong more than a few times tonight. The fumble ain't help. Think he should be straight though.

Tackling. Not necessarily the open tackle misses of Vick and Shady in the open field. That's when they are their best. I'm more concerned at times where in traffic we would hit them at the line of scrimmage and they would still manage 4 5 yard gains. Gotta clean that up.

Good:

Offense got in a rhythm in the 2nd half. Look to build on that next week.

Jordan Reed quietly had a hell of a game. Caught some tough passes thrown his way. Gonna be good for us.

Baccari and DA. For as much as cats was clowning Rambo for missing some open field tackles on some of the leagues best in open field. He finished with 10 Taks(6 solo 4 ast) and a sack. And DA played solid didn't make any clear mistakes (will watch the game again to analyze further) but off 1st watch he played well.

All in all we will be fine. The resiliency we showed late showed me a lot. On to GB.

U won't call it rust so I will.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I saw there was a lot of ? poor tackling, most likely due to not being able to hit in practice. Rambo got exposed a few times taking bad angles on Vick and McCoy, I still think he's gonna be a great safety he's just taking his rookie lumps. RG3 looked rusty in the first half and you could tell the whole first team offense was not on the same page. My positive take aways were the Oline looked solid and we were able to generate some pressure even though the defense was noticeably gassed. We did a good job of making adjustments in the second half, and although RG3 is not 100% he still has enough speed to evade the pass rush and run when necessary. I noticed he was throwing off his back foot early and not steeping into his throws but once he got hit a few times he stopped worrying about his knee and played without hesitation.
  • BDBIID
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah it's natural with Griff he'll be aight. People have selective memory around these parts. Even AP started off last season slow. He only had 1 game over a 100 yards out of his first 6. First 6 games: 499 yds 4.6 ypc
    Last 10 games: 1,598 7.1 ypc

All in all Griff will get better each week. We have to play better as an entire team and we will.

Like Shanny said last night "We lost the 1st round of a 16 round fight" that's it.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it's natural with Griff he'll be aight. People have selective memory around these parts. Even AP started off last season slow. He only had 1 game over a 100 yards out of his first 6. First 6 games: 499 yds 4.6 ypc
    Last 10 games: 1,598 7.1 ypc

All in all Griff will get better each week. We have to play better as an entire team and we will.

Like Shanny said last night "We lost the 1st round of a 16 round fight" that's it.

Rambo was getting chopped up in the open field but Shady do everyone like that. Young DBs looked good.

I want to see more downfield ? to Garcon. He's our best receiver and a real threat when he gets into the secondary. I'm kinda tired of those little bubble screens to him. Too many kats are around the ball and you have to get lucky to pop a big gain.

Let's call a ? a ? : Griff played scared in the first half. It was clear from the way he short armed and didn't step into the pocket that he's nervous about taking hits. That said, he rebounded in the second half and played well.

I think we have some positive momentum going into Green Bay, against a team with a vulnerable secondary. I like how RG3 use his mobility to create throwing lanes yesterday, and he needs to continue doing that. What I don't need to see is him trying to beat niggs to the corner. Don't let that animal Clay matthews hit you full speed on the sideline because he's trying to concuss people this year.

• Stew
    Options
    Agreed with everyone about Griff. I'm not worried tho
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Analysis from game 1:

YOU ? SOME ?
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Lol. Everything you said after from and before the colon says it all.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN THESE SKINS SURE DO LOOK GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Played like ass. Will be back with full outlook later.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass Republican ? with his cave ? wife needs to be benched

put cousins in
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets merge this thread with mine