HTTR : The Official 2013/2014 Washington Redskins Thread

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All offseason word has been defenses will adjust and magically shut down the pistol/ read option stuff, meanwhile those same teams have been implementing read option/pistol looks to their own O.

Including the fuckboys you root for. This tells me a lot of the DC's selling wolf tickets.

Just remember at one point the West Coast offense was a new "gimmick" type offense that wouldn't last. Now where are we? The game always changes.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Rambo played solid against the pass. He got put out on an island the two TD plays. CJ2k would do that to damn near 90% of safeties in the league in the open field. The Shonn Greene play he took a slightly bad angle. But that's one of the hardest adjustments for defenders coming into the league. Gauging actual speed and knowing proper angles. Correctable.

Im sure there were a lot of fans on his ass last night, thats why I stay away from social media during games. 1. The dude is a rookie. 2. Like u said, that was Chris Johnson, likely to happen to any safety in the league. 3. His strength is coverage in the open field, not coming up to be a linebacker.

Overall solid game all around outside of a few plays on defense and a couple drops on O. Kirk is looking like we expected him to look, I seen Peter King talkin bout him, no surprise there. Helu looked great considering he's been out for almost a year and a half, he was voted on to the All Rookie team a couple seasons ago for a reason. Looks like our WR's will be much improved this year which is much needed so we dont have to depend on Griff to be runnin all over the field. Pretty hype for the season.

Offense is lookin smooth man ... efficient. I heard Peter King and he's wrong tho, there's no way to play RG3 and Kirk. It's not college and that ? would just be dumb. But I will say he's as good an insurance policy as any team in the league has. Good arm, decent mobility, accurate, players seem to like him. Hope we can turn him into a first rounder next year.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    And lol at 85%. In 393 pass attempts Griff was only in the pistol or shotgun 54.1%.

That rate is less than Rodgers, Both Mannings, Luck, Newton, and Flacco. They all worked from under center less than the dude that uses it as a "crutch".

And if you was talking effectiveness on the ground that's even worse. On average Alfred Morris got about 4 read option runs a game. His ypc for the season was 4.8, his average for non RO looks...4.6.
    In other words we are gonna continue to eat on the ground also. Just like pretty much every Shanahan led team.

Media, I tell ya. Don't let em hype you.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    And lol at 85%. In 393 pass attempts Griff was only in the pistol or shotgun 54.1%.

That rate is less than Rodgers, Both Mannings, Luck, Newton, and Flacco. They all worked from under center less than the dude that uses it as a "crutch".

And if you was talking effectiveness on the ground that's even worse. On average Alfred Morris got about 4 read option runs a game. His ypc for the season was 4.8, his average for non RO looks...4.6.
    In other words we are gonna continue to eat on the ground also. Just like pretty much every Shanahan led team.

Media, I tell ya. Don't let em hype you.

lol Its not just the media, fans of other teams have to find something to talk about us "falling back to earth". You would think they would be talkin about the 28th rank pass defense that we had that got us in the playoffs lmao nah of course its going to be the "gimmick" that we ran. Nvm that our QB is an intelligent guy with a rocket arm with weapons who are only getting better and more acquainted with the Offense they barely knew last season. Sighhhh
  • Stew
    Options
    Phillip Thomas out 4-5 months with a Lis Franc injury smh son of a ?
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Yeah that's tough. PT was needed depth this season. Pugh probably makes the squad now. He's still decent.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bacarri gotta step all the way up now. Jus as long as Madeiu Williams never touches the field again, I'm str8. Lol
  • BDBIID
    edited August 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz-qUlA_Res

Game Night..@ Fed Ex, MNF.

Things I'm looking forward to include:

The new look pass rush in the nascar-ish personnel in obvious passing downs with Rak and BJenks at OLB and Kerrigan and SteveBo at down lineman. It looked potent last week Rak had a sack, Kerrigan had a sack and we had numerous QB hurries in limited time.

Aldrick continuing to progress and showing some consistency. Been killing it all camp and although he had an unacceptable drop last week other than that played really well.

Rooks Jordan Reed and CT in their first game action. Both missed last week's game due to injury (precautionary nothing serious). Jordan Reed another one in camp who has been doing well building a nice chemistry with Griff and Kirk.

Amerson building off of a real good last game. Held his own manned up with Kenny Britt last week.
    Bacarri bouncing back from the criticism which is pretty much unwarranted anyway. The only bad play was the personal foul he received on the Shonn Greene play. The CJ2k play happens. Plus he played real good in the pass game when he was in there last week.

O-line play mainly the 2's moreso than the 1's. We know what we have with the 1's (An All-Pro caliber LT, an underrated C in Monty, two solid guards and then Tyler Polumbus who is good to great sometimes in the run game but sus in pass pro at times) Meanwhile the 2's consist of 3 2nd year guys in Compton, Gettis and Ribs. Kyle has been raving about Comp's improvement (he actually got the start last week and held his own. Gettis played solid. And Ribs is just up and down. Some plays you see why he was clearly a 3rd rounder others you see why he hasn't truly challenged Kory or Chester for the starting spot.

Last but not least Kirk. Kirk had a hell of a game last week. He's going against a tougher defense tonight so hopefully he can still keep it up. Tonight's nationally televised game against a real good Steelers defense can do a lot more for his stock going forward. And I already know when Kirk do his thing tonight and next week cats gonna troll in the NFL thread but they not used to having a legit good backup QB that's not a has been at backup QB or just a straight up ? lol. Forgive them for they know not what they do.

• BDBIID
    Options
    Post Game thoughts:

1. The Front 7 played dominant. I know the Steelers o-line are pretty bad at spots but even their notable O-lineman were getting bullied. Cofield dominated Pouncey and DeCastro was getting beaten too. The front 7 was nice last year but this year it's gonna get ugly if we stay healthy. Kerrigan looks like he's ready to make the jump from fringe make pro bowler to being one of those locks challenging for all-pro selection. Plus teams can't even double him like they did last year because Rak back.

2. Secondary played well for the most part. Had a couple breakdowns in zone but ? happens. Amerson played well again. Dude has to stop ducking his head on tackles though that's an injury waiting to happen. Bacarri missed a couple tackles due to taking bad angles (same issue as last week) he'll improve that in time. In the pass game he played real well again, had a PD on the goaline and had a FF in the 2nd QT. Hall played well. DJ Gomes...sigh. Let me put it this way Meriweather>>Reed Doughty>>>DJ Gomes. If PT didn't get hurt DJ would've been cut.

3. Offense:

Polumbus is still a ? . Compton needs to start in place of him. I'd even take Pashos at RT over Polumbus.

Hank = Definition of inconsistent. Drops an easy routine catch over the middle but catches a one hand slant for a TD. I hope that lightbulb clicks sooner than later. Aldrick played well again took a shot on the thigh he should be aight though. Helu spelling Alf......I'm trying to tell ? man. Kirk should be aight. And the original RG3 aka ? it I'm going deep aka best 3rd string QB in the league Rex Grossman III played decent. Had a pick but that was on JReed running a route incorrectly.

All in all. The defense looks like it should be improved from last year and I know the O gonna eat. We still can improve in some areas though, like every other team.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    front 7 was tough..and all the o-lines in the division are pretty suspect..if we could get this type of pressure all year and stay healthy we going to be straight
  • Stew
    Options
    Im highly impressed and dont see us doing anything but getting better. Only issue with me is RT, Mike gonna have to square that away asap.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Gametime.

Starters supposed to go about 20 snaps.

• BDBIID
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Game 3 Takeaways:

Depth is crazy on this roster. Our 1's played only about 2 to 4 series and yet our #2's had their way with Buffalo's 1's. The same Buffalo 1's that did very well against Indianapolis and Minnesota. That's a real good look.

Darryl Tapp is a way more effective guy in the 34 in comparison to the 43. Dude is flying around the field making nothing but plays at OLB.

Kyle is an offensive genius. He sometimes still has moments where he outsmarts himself but the dude is a HELL of a football mind. Hopefully he keeps turning down interviews to be a HC elsewhere. And just chills until Mike retires as HC in a few years so he can takeover HC duties for his pops while Mike does his front office work full time.

The Rooks:

Jordan Reed made a few good plays again but what was most impressive was his blocking. Held his own with Mario, Lawson and the other Bills he had to block.

CT had another fumble which is not a good look but other than that he has played well. He hits the hole quick as hell and gets upfield in a hurry. Not to mention his 30+ yard PR.

Rambo had a strong afternoon. You can see that he is adjusting to the speed of the pro game now. Made a few tackles in open space that in prior weeks he was missing due to poor angles. On top of that he has been solid in the passing game all 3 games.

Amerson had two penalties that kept Buffalo on the field after failed 3rd down attempts. The first was an unintentional facemask and the other was a PI due to him face guarding. He was in good position all he had to do was turn round and he could've had a pick or at minimal a PD.

Brandon Jenkins had another strong game. He racked up a sack in the new 4 OLB pass rush personnel group. So far we have 5 sacks and a strip sack through about 4 quarters worth of play time with the starters in that personnel. That's hella productive and something to look forward to going into the regular season.

Final Outlook
    All in all this game was somewhat of a preview of what the opener will look like if the D shows up like they did today. That hurry up offense that Buffalo ran and that Philly will run is cool if you scoring. That speed doesn't benefit your defense at all when the O is having quick drives. Buffalo defense was gassed due to them having no break and we had our way with them. Philly's defense is actually worse than Buffalo. So if we're able to force 3 and outs (Philly's first drive a 3 and out vs Jacksonville only took 56 seconds of the clock to start the game lol) it can get extremely ugly. On the other hand if the D does struggle in the opener it's basically gonna turn into a shootout. In which I still would love our chances.

• Stew
    Options
    Dope RG3 special that came on ESPN today. Gotta peep it If you missed it.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Yeah the doc was dope. Funny as hell to see his dad all out of breath running when he was working out with him with the cords.

And what we all knew was coming is now official courtesy of Adam Schefter, Griff will start week 1 on MNF versus Philly.
  • moyo
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the should hold rg3 out until the dallas game..we could go 3-1 with cousins during that span to give rg3 time to get back in the flow
  • Stew
    Options
    i think the should hold rg3 out until the dallas game..we could go 3-1 with cousins during that span to give rg3 time to get back in the flow

Aint happenin bruh If the King Doc James Andrews says its all go, no need to wait any longer....

Meanwhile we just may have found our Punt returner with Chris Thompson.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Our depth is crazy. Our 2's and 3's been dominating every week.
  • moyo
    Options
    Ain't no way we ain't winnin the NFC east this year!!! Our depth is crazy!!!
  • moyo
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    Fa sho. Shanahans training camp approach has its pros and cons. But it's cool cuz in week 1 our boys will be fresh like a Mufucka. I also think we need a package wit Pat white, that boy could be awesome in our offense in certain situations.

lol What!? Bruh, he will not be on that 53 man roster and only reason he's signed now is......take a guess.
    Hate to say I told u so, but I told u so my ? . Pat made tr squad!!!
  • moyo
    Options
    The not tr. lol
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pat White made the team!!...Hope they give him a goaline package..take some of those hits away from RG3
  • Stew
    Options
    Fa sho. Shanahans training camp approach has its pros and cons. But it's cool cuz in week 1 our boys will be fresh like a Mufucka. I also think we need a package wit Pat white, that boy could be awesome in our offense in certain situations.

lol What!? Bruh, he will not be on that 53 man roster and only reason he's signed now is......take a guess.
    Hate to say I told u so, but I told u so my ? . Pat made tr squad!!!

LOL got'em

Nah but for real I think they're trying to trade him. Find it outrageously odd to have 4 Qbs on a roster for a season.
  • BDBIID
    edited September 2013
    Options
    2013 Washington Redskins 53 Man Roster
    # Name Pos.
    39 Amerson, David CB
    92 Baker, Chris DE/NT
    55 Barnett, Nick ILB
    30 Biggers, E.J. CB
    72 Bowen, Stephen DE
    66 Chester, Chris G