Options
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    @sdotcarter111‌

You are looking @ this movie(well some parts of it) like its line from line from the comic book n it's wasn't going to be.

Like what.
    Movie was dope. Only complaints are

- Where did Kitty get time shifting powers from?

- Since when is Apocalypse an omega level telekinetic? His powers don't work like that b

- The whole movie could have been solved by Charles just mindwiping everyone involved with the sentinel program or making them not want to do it anymore

- So bishop cant fire energy out his hands in this movie? And he not supposed to be that easy to overload

All this stuff here you are using the comic book to reference from, and really we all should know by now. They arent gonna do these movies word from word from the comics. (and they do not need be done that way anyways..)

Fam, none of the movies have been from the comics word for word. The first one started with Wolverine meeting Rogue at a Canadian cage fight. I don't care about any of that.

None of what I mentioned ruined the movie for me, I already said it was dope. Best X-men movie yet. But the least they could do is keep the characters powers faithful to the books. Unlike some of the other plotholes I don't mind, giving shadowcat time travel powers out of the blue and making apocalypse into dark phoenix makes zero sense and changes the characters.

and i'm telling you if it didnt throw off the movie, then who cares....these movies are made more for the general public with comicbook fans getting their "? " so..

general public dont care if "shadowcat" is in the movie or not in the movie..like usmarin3 said. watch as a causal fan and not stricly as a comic book head; I get it you enjoy the movie, just think it's nit-picking...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    This film gonna prove a lot of you ? wrong

professor-x.gif

Speculation confirmed
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ghost!
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Yea, just watch as a casual fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkCv5cCD5Y

*dead*

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Movie was solid.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    movie actually was pretty good. still have no idea how prof x is alive though. Quicksilver was goat in this film...I like how they snuck in saying his mom used to know a dude who could control metal. nice end of credits scene too, didnt look like him exactly, but still was ill
  • Copper
    Options
    Professor x transferred his mind into a coma patients body
  • focus
    Options

...and then what?
  • ghost!
    Options

...and then what?

Then you got xmen: first class, the wolverine n now DOFP.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was that supposed to be prof x on the astral plane when he was talking to his future self?
  • focus
    Options

...and then what?

What happened inbetween The Last Stand and DotF though? How did Professor X get back in his body and live another 20 years(?) to be able to pickup where DoFP begins?
  • Copper
    Options

...and then what?

What happened inbetween The Last Stand and DotF though? How did Professor X get back in his body and live another 20 years(?) to be able to pickup where DoFP begins?

The wolverine happened
    Trask built advanced sentinels with mystiques DNA.(remember he said it took about 30 years to develop) Prof.x and magneto reunited the xmen because of the govt. New weapons and anti mutant laws enforced by the robots(the end of the wolverine) they fought ( all the while sentinels adapted and evolved and learned ) 10 years later is where the movie picks up
  • focus
    Options
    Oh ok. I admittedly fell asleep on The Wolverine. That ? was boring as ? to me. Guess I need to give it another watch.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. I'm shocked by a lot of y'all reactions. I thought for sure y'all was gonna rip this movie apart.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ok. I admittedly fell asleep on The Wolverine. That ? was boring as ? to me. Guess I need to give it another watch.

here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA576VinXT0
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it the 1st night,twice

I really liked it.I'm a fan of most of these movies

The 1st Wolverine was too long and boring,but I hear the new one is good,IDK

I'm sucker for time travel so I was already in.I really liked the last X Man movie

I liked it.Good plot, great graphics and a blue skin suit wearing Jennifer Lawrence

Oh, and Tyrion from Game of Thrones and Evan Peters from American Horror Story is in it too
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was just good to see a film put together like this old characters a blend new characters in the same movie and it all made sense. Overall I enjoyed the movie but Magneto was a hoe for some of the ? he pulled
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was okay
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took them 5 tries but they finally made a good xmen movie
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos def ? wit it. Prolly the best one thus far. Quicksilver's scene was ill as ? ... And if I ever meet Jennifer Lawrence the wife is gonna hafta gimme a hall pass... cuz a ? 's goin in.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was pretty good, saw it yesterday with some friends. Those sentinels was doing ? straight grimey in there.

What I REALLY enjoyed was the ACTING.

That was a ensemble cast, even the sentimental parts was on point because usually a lot of the time those scenes be cheesy in movies like these.

I really felt like I was watching a young/old professor x and magneto. It was like they were extensions of each-other.