X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I dunno. I still feel like 'Poc always at least had Black features. No, in X-Men comic book lure he is technically not black and is grey/blue. But...look at dude. If you had to cast a movie, wouldn't your first thought be to paint a black dude grey/blue to really embody the character? It just feels like they went so out of their way by casting the whitest, pointiest nose, no lips lil kid they could find...

X-Men-Apocalypse-Movie-Writers-570x294.jpg
    apocalypse.jpg
    x-men-apocalypse-bryan-singer.jpg
    APOCALYPSE.jpg

Which is why I always felt that Michael Clark Duncan would've been PERFECT for that role.

physically I would want a black to play him in live action since Michael clark Duncan is no longer among us I would have to say terry crews or some other diesel ass ? . in the comics ethically apocalypse is not black he was abandoned by his orginal people and an indigenous African tribe found and raised him. then he got ahold of alien technology and the rest is history.

Yeah I was thinkin Terry as the next choice.
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno. I still feel like 'Poc always at least had Black features. No, in X-Men comic book lure he is technically not black and is grey/blue. But...look at dude. If you had to cast a movie, wouldn't your first thought be to paint a black dude grey/blue to really embody the character? It just feels like they went so out of their way by casting the whitest, pointiest nose, no lips lil kid they could find...

apocalypse.jpg
    APOCALYPSE.jpg

Which is why I always felt that Michael Clark Duncan would've been PERFECT for that role.

physically I would want a black to play him in live action since Michael clark Duncan is no longer among us I would have to say terry crews or some other diesel ass ? . in the comics ethically apocalypse is not black he was abandoned by his orginal people and an indigenous African tribe found and raised him. then he got ahold of alien technology and the rest is history.

Do you think Crews has that range though I don't think I've ever seen him be serious in a role before
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one is gonna actually play apocalypse he's probably gonna be cgi like thanos
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    No one is gonna actually play apocalypse he's probably gonna be cgi like thanos

It was just reported today that Thanks is going to be played by an actual actor.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manc wrote: »

apocalypse.jpg
    APOCALYPSE.jpg

Do you think Crews has that range though I don't think I've ever seen him be serious in a
    role before

You dont remember his role in training day?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manc wrote: »

apocalypse.jpg
    APOCALYPSE.jpg

Do you think Crews has that range though I don't think I've ever seen him be serious in a role before

it could be just a physical role just use a voice actor for his lines like they did with james earl jones and darth vader. actually i'd want apocalypse to be cgi like thanos.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    how about dennis haysbert as apacolypse "aint gonna let no mutants turn me around....."
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was so bad about Wolverine being the one who went back in time?

because every x men movie was centered around him. now he's the one that goes back in time. I'm just saying it would have been cool if they sent bishop back like in the animated series. did you ever read days of future past comics?

the same problem DC is going to have with batman (ben affleck), Fox marvel focuses too much on wolverine (hugh jackman) every film it's about him. they need to focus on other characters.

that is what sets disney's marvel a prart from the rest. their is no one bigger character in their universe, everyone gets a shine.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    thanos-actor.jpg

Apparently a black dude provided the basis/mo-cap for Thanos.

Damion Poitier

MV5BMjE2NTcwMDYzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI0NjQzMQ@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Felt as if Dinklage was wasted. Bolivar Trash wasn't a particularly compelling villain. I think the movie could've used some Master Mold
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Felt as if Dinklage was wasted. Bolivar Trash wasn't a particularly compelling villain. I think the movie could've used some Master Mold

Bolivat Trask was a black dude in X-3 but a midget Caucasian in this. Dude must have blessed himself with Sentinel-rMystique tech in the 90s or some ? . Dude wasn't Bolivar Trask Jr but since that ? has been wiped out now, I X-3 guess we're meant to forget he was a black dude in X-3.

Yeah, X-3 and the first Wolverine are the red-headed stepchildren of the franchise. They want us to forget all about them ?
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    "Some of these I hope the audience will forget about but for the bulk of it I pay attention to the universe."

SMH
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so does this mean that the original trilogy never happened?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I don't know if Boliver Trask was supposed to be the "villian" or if there was a real villain to be found here. There was a lot of grey in this movie. Boliver Trask really just wanted to protect humanity from mutant forced extinction. Mystique just wanted to stop the Sentinel program. Magneto just wanted to save mutants. Theway they go about achieving these goals are questionable but there was no flat out sinister plot behind either of them.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I don't know if Boliver Trask was supposed to be the "villian" or if there was a real villain to be found here. There was a lot of grey in this movie. Boliver Trask really just wanted to protect humanity from mutant forced extinction. Mystique just wanted to stop the Sentinel program. Magneto just wanted to save mutants. Theway they go about achieving these goals are questionable but there was no flat out sinister plot behind either of them.

I disagree from the standpoint that Trask had no problem getting his ? scientist on and dissecting mutants. But I see what you're saying and it's an interesting approach that could've been handled better.
  • soul rattler
    Options

I disagree from the standpoint that Trask had no problem getting his ? scientist on and dissecting mutants. But I see what you're saying and it's an interesting approach that could've been handled better.
    He was definitely on ? but human survival was his endgame and we know that because the Sentinel program was eventually shut down.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

if that holds true, them mutants are ? in the future
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael jai white can play apoc
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

if that holds true, them mutants are ? in the future

Except that they're not because the event that lead to that future is prevented.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Bolivat Trask was a black dude in X-3 but a midget Caucasian in this. Dude must have blessed himself with Sentinel-rMystique tech in the 90s or some ? . Dude wasn't Bolivar Trask Jr but since that ? has been wiped out now, I X-3 guess we're meant to forget he was a black dude in X-3.

Yeah, X-3 and the first Wolverine are the red-headed stepchildren of the franchise. They want us to forget all about them ?

Let's be real, the studio was salty when they turned down his x-3 pitch so dude went to ? with Superman, That ? bombed so he came back humble, they took him in and let him take control again because they only got Ratner to sign up when they were in a pinch and in the hole money wise. Singer got control again and they are ball hugging that alleged ? something fierce like they got their long lost son back.

I guess so, but I don't think a lot of people realize that The Last Stand and Days of Future Past were written by the same person. Ratner admitted he didn't know anything about X-Men and only shot what he was told to shoot for TLS. And Singer, while much more familiar with X-Men, was in a similar position with Days of Future Past, not having anything to do with the story or script and only shooting the film. The only time Singer was in charge of both the story and directing was X2, which may be why most still consider it the best.