"I Fear I May Have Integrated My People Into a Burning House" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Options

Comments

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLK fought for the right to spend money with white people. He fought so that we didnt need Black businesses anymore. He for for the right to have our food spit in by those ? white people who didnt want our business anyway. It was more profitable to be racist. ? idiots right?

Whites took our money, which help shut down our black businesses. Whites moved away from us. Still, white people could never intergrate with us because we would have ? them out of existences.

THATS WHAT THE ? MARTIN LUTHER THE ? KING JR ASS ? DIDNT UNDERSTAND!. But he was only like 39. kanye shrug.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    MLK fought for the right to spend money with white people. He fought so that we didnt need Black businesses anymore. He for for the right to have our food spit in by those ? white people who didnt want our business anyway. It was more profitable to be racist. ? idiots right?

Whites took our money, which help shut down our black businesses. Whites moved away from us. Still, white people could never intergrate with us because we would have ? them out of existences.

THATS WHAT THE ? MARTIN LUTHER THE ? KING JR ASS ? DIDNT UNDERSTAND!. But he was only like 39. kanye shrug.

Um, he said do not spend money where you will not be hired and where you are not wanted.

A lot of people do not fully research this man's ideologies. He was for black owned and improvement. Plus, he didn't really trust european people and had a shed full of military grade weaponry. This man was a strategist not an idiotic idealistic delusional fool.
  • RoseRed
    RoseRed Members Posts: 1
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Dont slander mlk like that ruffin. He wasone the best leader that blacks in america have had.
    YOu ever ask yourself why whites only teach about Harriet TUbman & MLK but not Nat Turner & Malcolm X?

The answer to that question will explain why he would call MLK a ? .

You should wonder why they want you to promote Malcom X instead of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Malcom X was violent and making you violent is what they want. That's why they promoted Malcolm X. Angry black people vs peaceful black people. Think about how you were played. I guess I lived in a city that had a whole community of ? in your opinion. Tulsa Oklahoma was full of doctors and lawyers and business men and they built a multi-million dollar community that Booker T. Washington dubbed Black Wall Street, because it was the richest black community in the world. I guess you think Booker T. Washington was a ? too he promoted education and built Tuskegee where he had the most successful airforce division, they never lost a plane or a pilot, they scored higher than white airmen, and had a higher legitimacy rate too. Boy did all those people go through it, but did they stop and make excuses like we came out of slavery or did they let segregation hold them back. It's been my experience that black Americans love to wallow in misery like a pig likes to wallow in it's own excrement. But we will never hear a one of you promoting the good things that black Americans have done for this country or for themselves, no you'd rather die before you do that. The quote that Belafonte said he heard Dr. King say is not verifiable and there is no reason to believe he said it, for there is only one person that said he said it and they said AFTER his death, which is interesting. Why not before he died? Booker T. Washington had a quote about people like Malcolm X and it went like this, "There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the ? race before the public. Some of these people do not want the ? to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they not only have an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public." Booker T. Washington - If you want negative people then you feed them negativity. IF you want positive people you feed them positivity. I'd say black Americans have been munching down negativity for way too long now. Malcolm X was a downer. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was an upper. Which would you rather take? It's all psychological. They start you out and then you finish yourselves off. Along with the other things that helped ? the black American community, such as welfare that kept you poor and took your fathers out of the home and made you into a woman who thinks her sexuality is all important instead of her brains, if you had a father what would he think of his daughter looking like a ? in a gif? Then there is Fair housing that isn't fair to the one receieving it because it IS segregation, because they dictate where you can live, and the last thing is keeping you thinking you aren't as smart as white people and that you are "disadvantaged" so you need affirmative action to make it more equal. How is that equal? When you take the very thing that belongs to the person with the higher grade point average away from him? It's not. Equal is when you bust your butt the same way he did and make it in on your own merit. If I graduate at the top of my class and have a the best SAT scores and then you come along with mediocre grades and low SAT scores and you get picked over me JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK how is that equal? IT'S NOT. And you accuse me of have "WHITE PRIVILEGE" doesn't look like I have that much privilege when you are stealing all of it just being BLACK. My white skin certainly didn't help me there. When a good student is forced to go to community college then you know there is something really wrong with this country. I hope I've sufficiently educated you. I also can't believe that black Americans call other black Americans such racist things as ? SELL OUT UNCLE TOM UNCLE RUKUS ? ? but sit around worry about whether or not I used the N word at all, even if I just said in context which should NEVER be a problem.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RoseRed wrote: »
    Dont slander mlk like that ruffin. He wasone the best leader that blacks in america have had.
    YOu ever ask yourself why whites only teach about Harriet TUbman & MLK but not Nat Turner & Malcolm X?

You should wonder why they want you to promote Malcom X instead of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Malcom X was violent and making you violent is what they want. That's why they promoted Malcolm X. Angry black people vs peaceful black people. Think about how you were played. I guess I lived in a city that had a whole community of ? in your opinion. Tulsa Oklahoma was full of doctors and lawyers and business men and they built a multi-million dollar community that Booker T. Washington dubbed Black Wall Street, because it was the richest black community in the world.

Creating own and building own went well, defending what was built not so much; Black Wall Street was overran and burned to the ground.

Effective violence is necessary for defence. Peacefulness can come once everything is secured.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

You should wonder why they want you to promote Malcom X instead of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Malcom X was violent and making you violent is what they want. That's why they promoted Malcolm X. Angry black people vs peaceful black people. Think about how you were played. I guess I lived in a city that had a whole community of ? in your opinion. Tulsa Oklahoma was full of doctors and lawyers and business men and they built a multi-million dollar community that Booker T. Washington dubbed Black Wall Street, because it was the richest black community in the world. I guess you think Booker T. Washington was a ? too he promoted education and built Tuskegee where he had the most successful airforce division, they never lost a plane or a pilot, they scored higher than white airmen, and had a higher legitimacy rate too. Boy did all those people go through it, but did they stop and make excuses like we came out of slavery or did they let segregation hold them back. It's been my experience that black Americans love to wallow in misery like a pig likes to wallow in it's own excrement. But we will never hear a one of you promoting the good things that black Americans have done for this country or for themselves, no you'd rather die before you do that. The quote that Belafonte said he heard Dr. King say is not verifiable and there is no reason to believe he said it, for there is only one person that said he said it and they said AFTER his death, which is interesting. Why not before he died? Booker T. Washington had a quote about people like Malcolm X and it went like this, "There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the ? race before the public. Some of these people do not want the ? to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they not only have an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public." Booker T. Washington - If you want negative people then you feed them negativity. IF you want positive people you feed them positivity. I'd say black Americans have been munching down negativity for way too long now. Malcolm X was a downer. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was an upper. Which would you rather take? It's all psychological. They start you out and then you finish yourselves off. Along with the other things that helped ? the black American community, such as welfare that kept you poor and took your fathers out of the home and made you into a woman who thinks her sexuality is all important instead of her brains, if you had a father what would he think of his daughter looking like a ? in a gif? Then there is Fair housing that isn't fair to the one receieving it because it IS segregation, because they dictate where you can live, and the last thing is keeping you thinking you aren't as smart as white people and that you are "disadvantaged" so you need affirmative action to make it more equal. How is that equal? When you take the very thing that belongs to the person with the higher grade point average away from him? It's not. Equal is when you bust your butt the same way he did and make it in on your own merit. If I graduate at the top of my class and have a the best SAT scores and then you come along with mediocre grades and low SAT scores and you get picked over me JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK how is that equal? IT'S NOT. And you accuse me of have "WHITE PRIVILEGE" doesn't look like I have that much privilege when you are stealing all of it just being BLACK. My white skin certainly didn't help me there. When a good student is forced to go to community college then you know there is something really wrong with this country. I hope I've sufficiently educated you. I also can't believe that black Americans call other black Americans such racist things as ? SELL OUT UNCLE TOM UNCLE RUKUS ? ? but sit around worry about whether or not I used the N word at all, even if I just said in context which should NEVER be a problem.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things i have ever read on this forum it's all over the place and misrepresents the positions of mal x and which is no surprise because the person who i really hope the wrote this tripe is a ? and has his head up his ass.

The goal of the black movement in the 1960's was not really equality it was empowerment equality as proposed by dr. king was just a tactic to attain that.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Violence is necessary. If you didn't protect yourself and your children than it would be complete genocide or your daughters ? and force to raise children out of violence. Only a fool would think it's not in nature when you have warfare from other species, it's way of survival and protection. Peace is only through security and counter-measures of those willingly to use violence.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this one...

I guess violence; Malcolm was not a violent man at all. Malcolm spoke only of self-defense when it came to "violence" But let me ask you something, if I am being attacked and I defend myself in a way to not be attacked again, an I the "violent" one?

Were the Black Panthers violent too?

As bothered as I am about your post, it was needed for this thread because it shows the mentality and beliefs of White America (not all). We were all taught lies growing up and these are some of the many.

Are you denying White Privilege?

As far as never promoting the good things We have done in this country, why do you think that is? We don't own any broadcasting networks. Our narrative has been written for us but not by us. But there are plenty of people and organizations that wont get any shine because it doesn't align with the negative stereotypes that needs to be continually reinforced and conditioned into our minds.

When you were speaking of all the things that kept us poor, do you not see that this was systematically designed this way? Hence not integrating into a burning house/a system designed to oppress and destroy us.

Is it peaceful to not defend yourself? Is that what being peaceful is? Is peace synonymous with submission?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

None of that ? is true. You act like black people weren't spending money with white people before. Why you think the Jim Crow laws existed? If black people stuck to themselves and only spent their money in their community, there would never have been a reason for whites to institute segregation laws.

I don't know why people feel the need kick MLK for winning rights that they are most certainly benefiting from today.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I don't know why people feel the need kick MLK for winning rights that they are most certainly benefiting from today.
    he's been dead for a while and in 2015, people need to feel like they have it harder and understand it better than MLK did
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's because there's alotta stupid people roaming around these days.
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Um, he said do not spend money where you will not be hired and where you are not wanted.

A lot of people do not fully research this man's ideologies. He was for black owned and improvement. Plus, he didn't really trust european people and had a shed full of military grade weaponry. This man was a strategist not an idiotic idealistic delusional fool.

so if he said that why do all the walk ins and whatnots for?

• john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
    I don't see why people are hating on MLK just because he got some things wrong. Malcolm did too. We shouldn't be looking for a messiah.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

• MetalSlugger
    MetalSlugger Members Posts: 4
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

WTF is that quote gonna do ?
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    Integration was not the problem. This is going to sound hypocritical. The decimation of the middle class and low skilled high paying jobs was the problem. Our middle class parents didn't encourage college at the rate other families did back in the 70's, 80's because they didn't understand the importance. Integration did lead the manufacturing sector to leave the Urban areas and move to the suburbs and subsequently out of the US because now you would have to pay an equal wage and allow for promotions of blacks. So in essence although maybe not his intent MLK was right.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    Violence is necessary. If you didn't protect yourself and your children than it would be complete genocide or your daughters ? and force to raise children out of violence. Only a fool would think it's not in nature when you have warfare from other species, it's way of survival and protection. Peace is only through security and counter-measures of those willingly to use violence.

Protection is one thing. Bush style preemptive strike against perceived threats and for the basis of preventing an attack against a controlling force is suicide. Non violence and passive resistance allows your blood to cry out and speak for your cause oppose to allowing the blood of the aggressor to drown out your cries for justice.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a glad handing turn the other cheek for whitey to slap me again ass martin luther king

That ? wasnt ? but a puppet with a white man hand up his ass, what other race of people in the whole damn world have been encouraged to get slapped and turn the other ? cheek?

He went out like a ? , fighting for integration into a poisonous and cutthroat system designed to destroy a black man and ? his culture, which in 2015 is exactly what we have.

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intergration was the worst thing that ever happened to black america. We destabilized our own economies and now all of our institutions from our colleges, to our business, to our churches are all crumbling.

Meanwhile cacs still hate your guts but they take your money, vandalize your property and abuse your kids in school but we should ignore all of that and be happy b/c we can use the same toilet seat now. Fohwtbs
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a glad handing turn the other cheek for whitey to slap me again ass martin luther king

That ? wasnt ? but a puppet with a white man hand up his ass, what other race of people in the whole damn world have been encouraged to get slapped and turn the other ? cheek?

He went out like a ? , fighting for integration into a poisonous and cutthroat system designed to destroy a black man and ? his culture, which in 2015 is exactly what we have.

It's pretty harsh to say he went out like a hoe, some Black people work in White neighborhoods, so laws that helped make the lives of Black Americans a little easier shouldn't be trashed like that in my opinion. MLK Jr thought about the Blacks who worked in White neighborhoods, where there was little protection for us.

But I've always said LIVING in White neighborhoods, as a Black man, is a bad idea. Forcing integration of schools also was something I wasn't a fan of, I wouldn't want my Black kids learning next to kids who hate or dislike them.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

It's pretty harsh to say he went out like a hoe, some Black people work in White neighborhoods, so laws that helped make the lives of Black Americans a little easier shouldn't be trashed like that in my opinion. MLK Jr thought about the Blacks who worked in White neighborhoods, where there was little protection for us.

But I've always said LIVING in White neighborhoods, as a Black man, is a bad idea. Forcing integration of schools also was something I wasn't a fan of, I wouldn't want my Black kids learning next to kids who hate or dislike them.

He had higher plans than just integration and wanted to bring about the downfall of capitalism. People really need to read his written works and you'll understand his ideologies better and he didn't necessarily disagree with the NOI way of doing things, he thought "strategically" it wouldn't have worked very well. He was a strategists and his methods were working and showing their worth and his ideas were penetrating. Hell he was the most like black man in that era and he was even over the president and the only other black man to do that was Frederick Douglass. Integration was a tool to bring us closer to capturing our wealth that was stolen from us and breaking the bridges a social-economic institution was trying to prevent. He just trusted the wrong people and plus if he wasn't a threat then you would have special forces making sure he was a ? and the police as well. He was highly feared.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

He had higher plans than just integration and wanted to bring about the downfall of capitalism. People really need to read his written works and you'll understand his ideologies better and he didn't necessarily disagree with the NOI way of doing things, he thought "strategically" it wouldn't have worked very well. He was a strategists and his methods were working and showing their worth and his ideas were penetrating. Hell he was the most like black man in that era and he was even over the president and the only other black man to do that was Frederick Douglass. Integration was a tool to bring us closer to capturing our wealth that was stolen from us and breaking the bridges a social-economic institution was trying to prevent. He just trusted the wrong people and plus if he wasn't a threat then you would have special forces making sure he was a ? and the police as well. He was highly feared.

I agree, it's why I don't hate on MLK, even if I didn't agree with everything he fought for, I understand why he did it.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I agree, it's why I don't hate on MLK, even if I didn't agree with everything he fought for, I understand why he did it.

If you read his writings as well, he was dancing between theist and atheist quite a lot. I think he merely put christian ideology as myth with some good teachings.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

If you read his writings as well, he was dancing between theist and atheist quite a lot. I think he merely put christian ideology as myth with some good teachings.

Wow that's fascinating, I didn't know that and I consider myself a student of history smh.....I'm gonna be reading up on what you said later
  • zzombie
    edited November 2015
    Options

Absolute nonsense. MLK was a Christian pure and simple there is absolutely no indication the man was an atheist or that he was just faking to achieve his goals. You just basically slandered his name.
  • zzombie
    Options
    MLK had divergent religious views but to call the man an atheist is gross slander and highly disrespectful on a deep fundamental level