Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i said earlier ab-soul was better than k.dot. how would i have that opinion/preference if i only listen to old ? ? ? all you seen in my posts is that im not nuthugging this damn long ass rambling control "verse" like the rest of you sheep
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    There are plenty of albums that are on the same level and plenty better than the 90s released from the 2000s til now.
    Learn to search for it and stop acting like an old man
    stupid ? jockey... im up on more underground ? than you can dream of. i ? with international hip-hop real tough. im referring to mainstream ? . your boycrush kendrick is part of it. and im 34 acting my age ? . if it wasnt for my generation hip hop wouldnt have taken off and conversely we helped sow the seeds to make it the ? it mostly is today. from the 2000's till now the genre has not expanded much on its core aspect which is poetry ? .. at the end of the day its poetry set to music and the poetry mostly sucks and the music is not musical from an actual standpoint... the innovators and creative minds are not in the industry or they alter their art to fit in it. rap started as reaction to the ? poor condition made by corporate greed now the dumb ? celebrate their own exploitation. were being laughed at, b. you need to go back further into african american
    music history to understand the importance of marrying innovative sound to content reflecting the needs of the community and social movement...rap fell of when that me-me ego ? dominated and this whole ego/beef/diss ? is a prime example.. stop being a simple brat commenting on ? u wasnt alive to witness

in reality, ? Hip Hop.
    unless you're a producer who plays an instrument you aint bringing much.
    anyone can rap.
    I respect Rock Stars more than rappers for the actual vocal talent and knowing how to play an instrument
    But Kendrick is a breath of fresh air for hip hop and we need competition back.
    Kendrick didnt start any beef. He just spoke his mind like a real artist does.
    and ? like you got in their feelings cuz he said something you're afraid of
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh...rappity rap ? bigging up a rappity rap ? saying hes better than them... these industry ? in one big circle ? . disgusting kiss ? smh
    Is there no hope for the game tho bruh?
    of course
    when the corporations step the ? back and ? just make better music in general.

right now tho...everybody put in our faces is under the UMG umbrella and thats an issue.

But bruh do you really ever see a point where corporations won't have an interest in something that has shown to be as profitable as hiphop? And not just the music I'm talking about the culture ... I think they're here to stay

they invented a pseudo hip-hop culture. all the elements of hip-hop were around long before america existed like all the other musical genres reborn here. of course...any pip will have an iterest in a ? with an open ear. we dont need the corporations in the internet age. they are not enhancing anything just exploiting at this point. the music, the breaking, the tagging etc..all of it that was born in the struggle , for the people and by the people...and it will die if it dont get back to that. its more than an industry or about numbers. can you name any other peoples whose culture is for sale or rent AND is dictated by external forces? if yeah...are they better or worse for it. art and industry dont mix in this economic and cultural context. people aint getting paid to add to an authentic culture with talent..theyre getting paid for marketing acumen, image, product placement opps etc..talent and authenticity is a side note

Yeah I hear you ...but that's just capitalism that's a product of it ... And anything that is assimilated or cultivated in this country will eventually show it's markings ... Bottom line is when Bruthas have have ability to feed their families off of a talent they gone more than likely look to utilize those skills for the biggest return ..and that's where your cooperations will always come into play IMO ..waiting to commoditize anything popular especially anything popular out of black culture

But artist being more independent and just going the pre-universal cash money route would be dope
  • judahxulu
    Options
    There are plenty of albums that are on the same level and plenty better than the 90s released from the 2000s til now.
    stupid ? jockey... im up on more underground ? than you can dream of. i ? with international hip-hop real tough. im referring to mainstream ? . your boycrush kendrick is part of it. and im 34 acting my age ? . if it wasnt for my generation hip hop wouldnt have taken off and conversely we helped sow the seeds to make it the ? it mostly is today. from the 2000's till now the genre has not expanded much on its core aspect which is poetry ? .. at the end of the day its poetry set to music and the poetry mostly sucks and the music is not musical from an actual standpoint... the innovators and creative minds are not in the industry or they alter their art to fit in it. rap started as reaction to the ? poor condition made by corporate greed now the dumb ? celebrate their own exploitation. were being laughed at, b. you need to go back further into african american
    music history to understand the importance of marrying innovative sound to content reflecting the needs of the community and social movement...rap fell of when that me-me ego ? dominated and this whole ego/beef/diss ? is a prime example.. stop being a simple brat commenting on ? u wasnt alive to witness

in reality, ? Hip Hop.
    anyone can rap.
    I respect Rock Stars more than rappers for the actual vocal talent and knowing how to play an instrument

no ? ... there is nothing im afraid of. im a battle champion. i been there done that ? . made people literally cry on stage. it aint ? and not hard to do if u can rhyme and know how to play the dozens honestly. battling even sucks now... kendrick is recycled style, g. the fresh air never left hip-hop. it just dont have interscope dollars behind it. his ? is an insult to all my peers out here grinding and spitting their souls

anyone can rap but not everybody can make timeless music. i agree on the instrument part or at least to the extent that ? can step it up overall and get out the machine sometimes with production. another thing with rock and any other ? genre is that the bulk of these ? songs are not about a bunch of ? . kendrick got potential but hes just shifting the ? these ? with lesser skills perpetuate but ina glossier more refined delivery.. its still fluff.. pop. not hip-hop. aint no soul in his ? just technical skill and smoke and mirror cheap emcee tricks you wouldnt understand if u aint a fellow writer
  • ItzGravitation
    Options

in reality, ? Hip Hop.
    anyone can rap.

no ? ... there is nothing im afraid of. im a battle champion. i been there done that ? . made people literally cry on stage. it aint ? and not hard to do if u can rhyme and know how to play the dozens honestly. battling even sucks now... kendrick is recycled style, g. the fresh air never left hip-hop. it just dont have interscope dollars behind it. his ? is an insult to all my peers out here grinding and spitting their souls

anyone can rap but not everybody can make timeless music. i agree on the instrument part or at least to the extent that ? can step it up overall and get out the machine sometimes with production. another thing with rock and any other ? genre is that the bulk of these ? songs are not about a bunch of ? . kendrick got potential but hes just shifting the ? these ? with lesser skills perpetuate but ina glossier more refined delivery.. its still fluff.. pop. not hip-hop. aint no soul in his ? just technical skill and smoke and mirror cheap emcee tricks you wouldnt understand if u aint a fellow writer

i write poems often.
    its not hard or maybe its natural
  • judahxulu
    Options
    do you quote other poets in your poetry?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    would you respect edgar allen poe if he used two whole ? lines from shakespeare?
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    i dont quote other poets
    i might quote song writers i admire sometimes.
    and i would respect Poe depending on what comes before/after the two "borrowed" lines
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight...Well...

@icecoldstew @kinggivbiz @sion

...I think this horse is just bout dead...
  • CertainSoul
    CertainSoul Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep. Freepost b4 lock.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    are you getting paid by tde or interscope? or are you dre's sidepiece ? ?

Why are you catching feelings just because ? dont agree with your take that Kendric is wack, or slaughted house? you got a right to your opinion and the rest of us that aint tone def got a right to ours. Fall back wit the corny jokes that make us question your sexual preference.

No ? @ this guy thinking of men bein other mens side pieces in a hip hop convo
    ? outta here wit ? thoughts
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Aight...Well...

@icecoldstew @kinggivbiz @sion

...I think this horse is just bout dead...

Alright cool I'm gonna let it run till about tomorrow evening or so ? And then retire it to the FOF.

I was gonna retire it a few days ago into to the hall but i was expecting drakes ass to respond .. I lost
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ that fake Eminem Control response

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Eminem finally responds...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqbD13CNEs
    Actually Its not Eminem but its a rapper named Denace who looks sorta and sounds sorta like him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDNdmkkUlpA
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Eminem finally responds...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqbD13CNEs
    Actually Its not Eminem but its a rapper named Denace who looks sorta and sounds sorta like him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDNdmkkUlpA

It's not him!!!
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    you cant flag a mod?
    not that i was or anything(plz dont ban me) lol
  • judahxulu
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    are you getting paid by tde or interscope? or are you dre's sidepiece ? ?

Why are you catching feelings just because ? dont agree with your take that Kendric is wack, or slaughted house? you got a right to your opinion and the rest of us that aint tone def got a right to ours. Fall back wit the corny jokes that make us question your sexual preference.

No ? @ this guy thinking of men bein other mens side pieces in a hip hop convo
    ? outta here wit ? thoughts

? please. dre is a known ? and any ? that runs with a ? is suspect. plus gravitation is one too so that was that. we ? batty bwoys up round my way. think im ? then send your broad my way and ill record some evidence to the contrary, bruh. i nmever said kendrick was wack...he has talent but hes being overhyped and hes out out waaaay better ? than that long , boring, partially bitten and name dropping verse. ? is saying its so hiphop but the verse violates some very cardinal rules of the foundation... i allready mentioned the ? has talent but he is lyrically only slightly above average. ab-soul is better. you simple minded ? think everything is black and white. im dealing with the song and my thoughts around it. dont ? respond to ? that im not saying ? . i still listen to section 80... this verse was a ? and not classy or poetic. its some attention ? classic interscope ? . they have a pattern of sending artists off on that ? . its cheap. not the revival of hip-hop. get off the lil ? ? so he can fully develop into his potential. he aint been around long enough like that to put himself out there in that manner but let u internet stans tell it.... i promise you, i believ drake is going to make some ? to ? that kids world up...and channel all that anger from all the abuse he been taking for his fruity ways into that diss.. drake is a pillow biter but that ? more lyrical than kendrick. he hold back on his mainstream ? . kendrick gave his all and is gassing out. you can pick a fight that huge and go in with haymakers. thats ? kid ? .
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    i aint ? dude.
    and running with ? dont make you suspect.
    it makes you man enough to not care what ignorant people assume because of homophobia
  • judahxulu
    Options
    no hetero dude in his right mind runs with ? .. you ? are soft for ? mafia propaganda. i have nothing in common with homosexuals except we was born with somewhat similar chromosomes. you young ? are pussified ? traineess... u accept ? wth barrettes and ? ...big ass girle earrings in both ears. ass hanging out your pants. smh... papoose was on point with his disses content just too much bitterness, not enough rage and his minds too stuck in a 90s ny box to deliver it right... but you ? are very pussified by the pussification of the rap game
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would you respect edgar allen poe if he used two whole ? lines from shakespeare?
    Yes.

• ItzGravitation
    Options
    no hetero dude in his right mind runs with ? .. you ? are soft for ? mafia propaganda. i have nothing in common with homosexuals except we was born with somewhat similar chromosomes. you young ? are pussified ? traineess... u accept ? wth barrettes and ? ...big ass girle earrings in both ears. ass hanging out your pants. smh... papoose was on point with his disses content just too much bitterness, not enough rage and his minds too stuck in a 90s ny box to deliver it right... but you ? are very pussified by the pussification of the rap game

i prefer manly man. and if they were kind of gily i wouldnt want them with hair bows and big ear rings.
    i got a chick for that
  • judahxulu
    Options
    ? bi is still ? .. just non-commital ? lol
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    ? bi is still ? .. just non-commital ? lol

its not dude. but this thread aint about that.
    stick to Kendrick
  • judahxulu
    Options
    you ? with these buttons lol... that dont change ? .
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Yes.

because you are an idiot. they style aint even compatible. that was trick question. if edgar allen poe did that then he wouldnt be considered a legend and master in his field. no serious writer does that. its called PLAGIARISM. only in rap is it call HOMAGE lol. we used to call it BITING but i guess jay z broke that barrier long ago.. u ? accept getting fed all kinds of garbage then get mad at the ? that screams "put that ? down! u eating garbage ? !!" lol.. so when ? pop up with junk food that dont smell like a garbage can you ? swear its the ressurection of sliced bread.
This discussion has been closed.