The Walking Dead - Season 4 (AMC)

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I actually think wild game populations would be decimated at first. All the people surviving would have no choice to but hunt wildlife to eat so it would actually probably be hard to find things to ? and eat. Eventually the human population would drop off to a point where the wildlife populations could bounce back.

Not to mention that the walkers eat animals too.
    How a ? would a walker catch an animal? ? ain't not walker catching ? .
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word is Robert Kirkman said Beth will be back for season 5. So she is not dead.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I don't wanna see no flashbacks

Probably when Rick turned into a farmer

I think this was necessary....because alot of people didn't like the route Rick took....now these clowns who just want to see a Shane clone can at least understand and respect his decisions even if they don't like it....

I see the relevance of the flashbacks but I think they could've done that throughout the last two or three episodes. The finale should have started at the truck with Rick having his ? mouth.

Overall, season 4 had a lot of major characters dying and all kinds of action but it was sandwiched between a few filler episodes. I blame amc for that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually think wild game populations would be decimated at first. All the people surviving would have no choice to but hunt wildlife to eat so it would actually probably be hard to find things to ? and eat. Eventually the human population would drop off to a point where the wildlife populations could bounce back.

Same way they caught the horse in one of the first episodes. The animal unwittingly runs into a horde of them. ? ain't that unlikely especially if the animal is already fleeing from danger and doesn't realize what it's running into.
  • marc123
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I must give the writers credit tho, cuz the build up for the season 4 finale>>>>>> the build up for the season 3 finale.

B4 the season 3 finale there were about 2 eps of str8 up no shame filler. 1 ep was jus a sit down between rick n the gov bout why they should not fight in 3 days. Then all the painfull to watch back n forth with andrea.

So for what its worth the writing has improved, n i expect season 5 to be solid.

But still 16 eps per season is wayyyyyy too many for a serial drama about the zombie apocalypse. To keep it fresh n avoid dragging out storylines 12 seems ideal imo.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I don't wanna see no flashbacks

Probably when Rick turned into a farmer

I think this was necessary....because alot of people didn't like the route Rick took....now these clowns who just want to see a Shane clone can at least understand and respect his decisions even if they don't like it....

I see the relevance of the flashbacks but I think they could've done that throughout the last two or three episodes. The finale should have started at the truck with Rick having his ? mouth.

Overall, season 4 had a lot of major characters dying and all kinds of action but it was sandwiched between a few filler episodes. I blame amc for that.

I disagree....I don't think it would have been as effective if they just put random flashbacks scattered in two or three episodes....that ? would have been fragmented as hell....it was much more effective putting them all in this episode to show that Rick has come full circle and that he can't force himself or Carl to have a passive attitude in the world as it exist today....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finale was cooking, the end of the chapter where the group is fragmented and now they are not only back together for the most part but with a few new players and new enemies, it was a fine place to end the season.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A better place to end the seasons (and series) would have been any episode between now and the last episode of the first season.

I bet there will be 8 seasons of this garbage ass TV, maybe 9. They are gonna milk this ? for aaalll its worth.

Walking dead reminds of a girl with a wack ? . Its just wack, and nothing else.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got 2 questions
    1. When Rick was in the house and ole boy was dead under the bed, and the one he choked out, how did they even even see him when he dipped out the house when they were dealing with 2 walkers

2. How did all those guys walk up on Rick and Michonne like that in the middle of the night
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    1. The guy that got choked out saw him right before he passed out. At that point the audience thought he might have been dead, but it turned out he was just unconscious so he was still able to identify Rick.

2. Rick heard them approach, but when he scanned the area he didn't see anyone, so he probably thought it was an animal or something. After that the guys just made their move while Rick and Michonne were distracted by conversation.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There were only two ways to introduce a new antagonist (Terminus) and still keep the cliffhanger for the season finale. One way was the way they did it by building up to the introduction of Terminus and the cannibalism, and then letting it hang in the air until the next season. The only other way to not have a totally anticlimactic (translation=weak) final episode would have been to introduce Terminus many episodes ago. In order for that to happen the writers would have had to throw Rick and his group into another conflict directly off the heels of their shootout at the prison. That way Sunday night's finale would be Rick and team going up against the leaders at Terminus after having been stuck there for awhile. That is what's going to happen anyway, but it flows better this way than having them occur back to back. Yes, the majority of these filler episodes are not that exciting. I could have lived without those long dry convos between Daryl and Beth. But they do serve a purpose for character development and whatnot. So, in light of the story arc, I think this is the way the finale had to be.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought that was a well done finale. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer..That last line by Rick was corny but appropriate. Of course, he can't say ? on AMC, but he's right. This group is battle tested for this new world. They're going to be a problem for anyone who underestimates them.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same way they caught the horse in one of the first episodes. The animal unwittingly runs into a horde of them. ? ain't that unlikely especially if the animal is already fleeing from danger and doesn't realize what it's running into.

Earlier this season while still at the prison, didn't Rick mention something about getting the animals from the snares before the walkers got to them?
  • marc123
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Btw does anyone else find it crazy that NO main characters died in the 2nd half of the season. (I dont consider lizzie n mika main characters) it feels like the writers r afraid to pull the trigger on killin off main characters. The fact that ALL these ppl made it thru the aftermath of a prison war and days in the woods w/o 1 or 2 diein is bs imo
  • jono
    Options
    Usually you make main character's deaths mean something. Main characters don't just die meaningless deaths in filler episodes. You gotta build it up, which is probably what they spent the second half of the season doing.

Somebody will die in the Terminus battle though. It's only a matter of who. Beth is fairly obvious as the top pick to die next but I think an even bigger main character like Glenn or Maggie is on the chopping block too.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Options
    So long as Daryl doesn't die. Everyone else is expendable but Daryl is my roll dog. Can't have anything happening to him.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Options
    And Carol. Daryl and Carol are the only adults who seem capable and sharp-minded at all times. Well Mishonne but I don't think she's more important than Daryl or Carol in the story.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Options
    Michonne >> who?? Please don't say Daryl cuz I'll have to cut you. I like Michonne well enough, but her samurai ? is starting to wear on my nerves. I will say that it's good to see her open up to Carl. I much prefer this side than that monosyllabic warrior character she played during the whole Governor fiasco when Andrea was still around. I just don't think she'd be better at leading this group of people than Carol. When I said capable, I meant capable of calling the shots should they need to. For one, Michonne is just not personable enough. Besides that she seems kind of apathetic, a bit of a loner, to everyone but Carl. No I can't see her slipping into that role easily like I can Carol or Daryl.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daryl is just a follower.
  • jono
    Options
    Daryl is an excellent soldier but I don't think he is leadership material, he couldn't even control Beth by himself. He let her lead him on a wild (grey) goose chase for nothing and then she for kidnapped.

I think Carol has the best leadership capabilities of all the characters outside of Rick though. She ? up with those girls because they were too young to cope with how the world is now. Rick having the same problem with Carl.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Options
    Daryl defers to Rick out of respect for him and his leadership abilities, and also because I think he doesn't want to lead. However if he had to, I'd think he'd be more appropriate for it than Michonne.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Carol because she makes tough decisions quick, Rick ponders to long. And Daryl, nah as a leader,. And Nichonne to much of a loner
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, but she makes the wrong decision pretty much every time. Reacting quick is good and all, but a lot of the time tough decisions require some thought put into them.
  • marc123
    Options
    No one is really the leader per say. Thats why they had the counsel while at the prison