Who the posters in here 38 and up

Options

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting for somebody to come in here and say they remember hearing about this new cat named Nat King Cole that started buzzin they sophomore year of high school
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? are old af tho...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    High School and College ? stand UP
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace King

Each one teach one. I always have an open ear to the older Hip Hop G's. Every time I'm speaking to a Hip Hop OG and they hear a song song that's playing today, y'all have a knack of knowing where the samples came from within 15 seconds of listening.

I'm 32, my older brother is 39, and my dad is 63. They put me up on Hip Hop. All together, we have about 10,000 cd's, vinyls, and tapes. My dad still has a rare Zenith all in one stereo system that plays vinyls, a-track, and cassettes.

I use to laugh at my brother doing those old Hip Hop dances like the ? , the fila, and stuff

Back in 88, when i was seven, Wingate Park in Brooklyn is a special place for me. It's the park where I've seen performances by KRS ONE, Zapp, Funkadelic, Chaka Khan, Ohio Players, Al Green, Biz Markie, etc

Anyway, much respect

P.S.

Don't forget to remind the young cats about the most important element of Hip Hop that seems to be fading

What's today mathematics? Knowledge ?

Y'all from the 5% generation. Teach these youngin's . I don't see much threads about the affect the 5 percenters and Nuwaubian Nation influence in Hip Hop.

Peace

That's crazy. You got em boxed up or you have them displayed on shelves?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda feel bad for tellin you old ? to ? you ? ass ? from time to time. But then I stop caring.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im 27. Product of 86

Dope
  • _Menace_
    edited September 2013
    Options
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/495846/cd-s-are-the-new-tape-cassettes/p1

yo

@_Menace_

you always posting your collection but I remember when i asked collectors about their stereo system you posted some wack ass current all in one system that plays cd's, vinyls, and cassettes. Now that post is somehow deleted but i remember.

My advice to you, from collector to collector, is step your stereo system game up.

peace

I never bought that. It was something I was looking at.

I'ma look for some good stereos.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace a true music head!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rap aint for just young kids no mo!
    I know the powers that be wanna control whats considered acceptable!
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 31 the first rap song i ever heard was from the FATBOYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJewbFZHI34
  • hahanope
    hahanope Members Posts: 227
    Options
    Shout out my teenage ? that are still in school! Lmao
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Menace a true music head!

LOL some think its a front. But when they see the collection they're on hush mode.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Did not know the IC has a lot of people over 25

IC been around a while. There's a few posters who been around off and on goin on 10 years. I know Hassan and Gutta been here a while. I been posting on and off for a while too. I seen a lot of ? in The Reason over the years as fads have come and gone in hip hop
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace King

Each one teach one. I always have an open ear to the older Hip Hop G's. Every time I'm speaking to a Hip Hop OG and they hear a song song that's playing today, y'all have a knack of knowing where the samples came from within 15 seconds of listening.

I'm 32, my older brother is 39, and my dad is 63. They put me up on Hip Hop. All together, we have about 10,000 cd's, vinyls, and tapes. My dad still has a rare Zenith all in one stereo system that plays vinyls, a-track, and cassettes.

I use to laugh at my brother doing those old Hip Hop dances like the ? , the fila, and stuff

Back in 88, when i was seven, Wingate Park in Brooklyn is a special place for me. It's the park where I've seen performances by KRS ONE, Zapp, Funkadelic, Chaka Khan, Ohio Players, Al Green, Biz Markie, etc

Anyway, much respect

P.S.

Don't forget to remind the young cats about the most important element of Hip Hop that seems to be fading

What's today mathematics? Knowledge ?

Y'all from the 5% generation. Teach these youngin's . I don't see much threads about the affect the 5 percenters and Nuwaubian Nation influence in Hip Hop.

Peace

Emphatically Now Cipher! Today's mathematics is Equality, to desire for your brother what you desire for yourself.

6. Why does the Devil call our people - Africans?

Answer: To make our people of North America believe that the people on that continent are the only people they
    have and are all savage. He bought a trading post in the jungle of that continent.

The original people live on this continent and they are the ones who strayed away from civilization and are
    living a jungle life.

The original people call this continent - Asia, but the Devils call it, Africa, to try to divide them.

He wants us to think that we are all different.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Old enough to remember the day President Reagan got shot
    Old enough to remember Michael Jackson's performance on Motown 25
    Saw Beat Street in the movie theater
    Old enough to remember Yo! MTV Raps when they first came out
    Old enough to remember when The Source was just a newsletter

Graduated in 1991, the summer that NWA's Niggaz4life came out

How was it watching the GOAT perform live???

Everybody, I mean everybody was talking about it the next day of school. This was before the internet and Youtube. We didn't even own a VCR. So if you had a friend that had a VCR you could go over his house and watch a videotape of it.

You gotta remember, the VCR was the old school Youtube. You could tape something and watch it later. It was a novel idea at the time. And we used to stay up late on weekends and tape the college radio Hip Hop shows. Ya'll probably don't do that anymore now that there's an internet but before the net, all you had was radio until mixtapes came along in the 90s.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Old enough to remember the day President Reagan got shot
    Old enough to remember Michael Jackson's performance on Motown 25
    Saw Beat Street in the movie theater
    Old enough to remember Yo! MTV Raps when they first came out
    Old enough to remember when The Source was just a newsletter

Graduated in 1991, the summer that NWA's Niggaz4life came out

A nd don't forget when Marvin Gaye got killed on April Fools Day.
  • QZA
    QZA Members Posts: 225 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm 23.. I used to be on here from '08-'10, learned a lot from the older heads at the time. They used to drop gems that you couldn't find online. But most of them are long gone now. It could have possibly been a result to the IC flooding of younger swag posters. Not to knock em but they couldn't hold a real conversation about Hip Hop.

I myself had to leave after everyone jumped ship to other sites. The IC was left with cats that were just here to clown on people, and Michael Malice. I can't believe this dude still posting the same ymcmb ? lol.

Regardless tho, I learned a lot from here. Much respect to the old heads.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many of yall got rocking chair, falling asleep in mid sentence talkin bout the good ol hippity hop days?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I see a lot of cats in they feelings in here
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I see a lot of cats in they feelings in here

name names gramps
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if ear2dastreets is in his mid 40's and mildly ? ....dude is like the Rain Man of The Reason
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Older heads, so why did Public Enemy's influence fade out while NWA's image was pushed extra hard?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know there some ? in this ? breathing with air tanks and using a walker
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Older heads, so why did Public Enemy's influence fade out while NWA's image was pushed extra hard?

IMO, bcuz NWA was new fresh and bold. Back then After PE got popular alot of acts were coming out with that black pride stuff. I always thought it got played out. Plus the fact that most of them were all pretty much in the same area,imo it got to be redundant. Now here comes NWA. They are cussin,speaking slang alot have not heard before. Their clothes are different and instead of taking their audience to school,like PE and others. NWA took their audience to the streets.They are PE with an extra chip on their shoulder. Also, Dre was finding his sound around this time. Beats a little more aggressive than the usual music of the era imo. Once they became popular it was a rap. The gangsta rap era began.