Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Military 4 Life!
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    what up fam not there yet but dam near close 36. I even saw Biggie preform live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m148vZDwJA

@jgutta what folks and what up to all the early/mid and late 70's baby, that's right ? 's we up in here....? yall young ? aint trying to be your friend dont give a ? what you listen to because the ? is soft, i roll up on young ? slumpin Ice Cube Death Certificate or some Jodeci and these youngsta's be like what up OG, and i be like ? you, but i holla at yo ? though.....

yeah that's right im that hating ass Old Head, im from that 88-95 era bullyfoot ? , when these young ass ? be in the front playing loud music, I be on some BUSTA RHYMES ? , screaming "GET OFF MY BLOCK!!!!"

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QZA wrote: »
    I'm 23.. I used to be on here from '08-'10, learned a lot from the older heads at the time. They used to drop gems that you couldn't find online. But most of them are long gone now. It could have possibly been a result to the IC flooding of younger swag posters. Not to knock em but they couldn't hold a real conversation about Hip Hop.

I myself had to leave after everyone jumped ship to other sites. The IC was left with cats that were just here to clown on people, and Michael Malice. I can't believe this dude still posting the same ymcmb ? lol.

Regardless tho, I learned a lot from here. Much respect to the old heads.

nah people left cause of the constant "upgrades" when the IC would be down for months, and then when it came back it was worse than before.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in my twenties. I'm young and don't need to do kegals. holla at ya girl!
  • waterproof
    edited September 2013
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »

@evilchuck bring your young ass over here and sit on my lap and let me you tell you some stories about hip-hop in the 80's-mid 90's

*side note* SMH @ me for having to goggle kegal
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Charlie.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie you gonna come in a thread,talk about yourself and not drop pics?

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25 soon to be 26, feels like im right in the middle
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    21 just a young ? in college trying to make it in life.
    46 whew ? !
    Crazy that some of you ? is the same age as my moms.
    But if I'm lucky I will see that age too one day.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I see a lot of cats in they feelings in here
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? tonight in the park, homie *43* came u pumping Gangstar Who's Gonna Take the Weight and other gems on a mix cd and these 2 chicks came upasking him to play OGC Lafleuer Lafla La Oshka, kicked it with us and shared the Bicardi. One was cute but chubby, other was dead on point, fine, good times
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Older heads, so why did Public Enemy's influence fade out while NWA's image was pushed extra hard?

IMO, bcuz NWA was new fresh and bold. Back then After PE got popular alot of acts were coming out with that black pride stuff. I always thought it got played out. Plus the fact that most of them were all pretty much in the same area,imo it got to be redundant. Now here comes NWA. They are cussin,speaking slang alot have not heard before. Their clothes are different and instead of taking their audience to school,like PE and others. NWA took their audience to the streets.They are PE with an extra chip on their shoulder. Also, Dre was finding his sound around this time. Beats a little more aggressive than the usual music of the era imo. Once they became popular it was a rap. The gangsta rap era began.

Not to mention that PE is hardly mentioned among yall. Like you want their history to be forgotten. Everyone is begging for a New Jay, New Nas, New Pac, new Wu Tang, new NWA but never a new PE. Sad to say, a lot of the old heads took a part of removing that socially conscious ? out of the mainstream and making their influence into something minor.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    what up fam not there yet but dam near close 36. I even saw Biggie preform live.

@jgutta what folks and what up to all the early/mid and late 70's baby, that's right ? 's we up in here....? yall young ? aint trying to be your friend dont give a ? what you listen to because the ? is soft, i roll up on young ? slumpin Ice Cube Death Certificate or some Jodeci and these youngsta's be like what up OG, and i be like ? you, but i holla at yo ? though.....

yeah that's right im that hating ass Old Head, im from that 88-95 era bullyfoot ? , when these young ass ? be in the front playing loud music, I be on some BUSTA RHYMES ? , screaming "GET OFF MY BLOCK!!!!"

@waterproof what up fam. My joint is palying EPMD crossover or OC times up in front of them. Drown out their "this beat goes hard" ? songs.
  • waterproof
    edited September 2013
    Options

@waterproof what up fam. My joint is palying EPMD crossover or OC times up in front of them. Drown out their "this beat goes hard" ? songs.

yeah nothing they play can ? with EPMD'S Crossover, that bassline will ? they head up they aint used to ? like that, yo everytime these youngins see me i'm always playing something from the 88-95 or i play some ? from 86 and really ? they head up and have they whole world ? up, i be rolling in at night and these young cats be in the front slumping Chief Keef and one night i rolled up playing some ? off of ONXY ALL WE GOT IZ US album they was real quiet like, lol.
  • Purr
    Options

@evilchuck bring your young ass over here and sit on my lap and let me you tell you some stories about hip-hop in the 80's-mid 90's

hola papi

Hi Charlie.

hey daddie
    _Menace_ wrote: »

how rude of me to not drop ? pics! my apologies, sir. check your ? .
  • _Menace_
    Options

hola papi

Hi Charlie.

hey daddie

Stop playing girl
    And drop them pics
  • Purr
    Options

hola papi

Hi Charlie.

hey daddie

Stop playing girl
    And drop them pics

ok

kitty-cat-e1269837499480.jpg
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    32 years old ..

Got into HipHop music in my native country, Nigeria back in 92 (when I was 11) with a VHS tape of '90/91/92 hiphop joints recorded on 'em my aunt owned.

Yo! MTV Raps was also a staple then. Naughty By Nature's music was the first ? I really got into.

My younger brother is a rapper and producer (he's got the skills; I've got the ears). That's it basically.

I don't hate on no rapper and listen to music recommended on here with objectivity and an open mind. Some rap ? in this new generation are exceptional talents while others aren't up to par ..

Lastly, you youngins' making fun of the OG's here swear that a 43 year old rapper is GOAT? Ironic ain't it?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruce springsteen,Whitney,mariah amd frank sinatra?

vince.gif
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Bruce springsteen,Whitney,mariah amd frank sinatra?

vince.gif

Oh my bad I didn't know I was only supposed to listen to HipHop
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah b#tch n$gga don't talk about us!..