The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm just praying that the blazers are trash this year(bulls fans should be to.) According to dude from clutchfans Lamarcus been trying to get to Chicago or Houston since the all-star break last year. He claims the deal was almost done for him to come to the Rockets but he doesn't know for who or what happened. Just that the robin lopez deal put it on hold...
    ghost! wrote: »
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Oden better smarten up.. take a pay cut with the heat now.. win a chip and then get his value boosted ten fold

it's crazy to think Oden has a chance to pick from the heat or the spurs....he had done nothing when healthy..ha ha

oh well wish him the best..

He averaged 11,8, and 2 in 09-10. His biggest issue is health, not skill
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oden just don't wanna go to a team full of young players.

All that tweeter and facespace, and listening to Lil Jeezy and Blake. He too old for that ? . Needs a mature team.

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

ehhh...and what year are we in now, and how long since he's played on this level?
  • ghost!
    Options
    Oden just don't wanna go to a team full of young players.

All that tweeter and facespace, and listening to Lil Jeezy and Blake. He too old for that ? . Needs a mature team.

ha ha how old you said, you think the nig is now?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

and what year are we in now, and how long since he's played on this level? [/quote]

you said he did nothing while he was healthy. I posted those stats to say otherwise. I never said anything about what he's going to do now all I said was his biggest issue is health not skill
  • ghost!
    Options
    you said he did nothing while he was healthy. I posted those stats to say otherwise. I never said anything about what he's going to do now all I said was his biggest issue is health not skill

ok...i just dont really remember him doing much when health as little as that was...but ok
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the bridge between the Bucks and point guard Brandon Jennings has not entirely burned, at least this can be said: It’s fiercely aflame. According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Jennings does not want to go back to play for the Bucks next season.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

If the bridge between the Bucks and point guard Brandon Jennings has not entirely burned, at least this can be said: It’s fiercely aflame. According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Jennings does not want to go back to play for the Bucks next season.

not even surprised i remember how salty he was when he got drafted by da Bucks lls he always wanted a big market nd neva embraced their fan base, then they're offering him $4.5 mil when IMO he's worth a lor more then dat, man he gonna be disgruntled as ? goin into dis season
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited July 2013
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

not even surprised i remember how salty he was when he got drafted by da Bucks lls he always wanted a big market nd neva embraced their fan base, then they're offering him $4.5 mil when IMO he's worth a lor more then dat, man he gonna be disgruntled as ? goin into dis season

Yep. How many years this ? been talking about "getting to a bigger market"? Thats why I think it's funny nobody wants his ass. Jennings is the classic example of a pretty good player that has the potential to be better but thinks of himself as a star when he's not. I remember meeting his ? ass while he played for oak hill. Nolan Smith was cool as ? though
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I cant wait till the season start so these salty ass laker fans can be even saltier when they team start losing
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 47s

Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh..............at this point I'm not expecting much from this season anyway but, at least I know metta will bring some toughness and extra 6 fouls so melo won't have to gard sf all the time.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Yep. How many years this ? been talking about "getting to a bigger market"? Thats why I think it's funny nobody wants his ass. Jennings is the classic example of a pretty good player that has the potential to be better but thinks of himself as a star when he's not. I remember meeting his ? ass while he played for oak hill. Nolan Smith was cool as ? though

he had an ego back then too? lls
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

he had an ego back then too? lls

Bruh oak hills squad looked like some celebrities. High school ballers with Jordan brand sweatsuits. Nolan Smith had a blackberry and a treo on his hip and this was when smartphones weren't a regular thing.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH Knicks' management doesn't know what they're doing. Artest is crazy trash!

If Artest gets more than 7th man minutes, Knicks won't make it past the first round.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9479545/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-says-100-percent-he

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tried to erase any lingering doubts about his readiness to play when he told reporters in Madrid that he will "definitely" play in the preseason opener.

"I should be able to play in the first game of the season," Rose told reporters at an adidas event in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com. "I know I'm anxious right now to play. My health is everything right now, it's 100 percent. But right now, the first game ... I will definitely be playing it."

The NBA hasn't yet released official preseason schedules so it is unclear who the Bulls will be playing in their exhibition opener.

Rose was criticized some, both locally and by national broadcasters, during the playoffs for not suiting up at all last season following offseason surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

"[Mentally] I'm just strong as I've been," Rose told reporters in Spain. "I had the time to think about what's important in my life, getting better on the court, watching a lot of film with [Thibodeau], asking him questions, talking to him about two times a week. ... So he's been kind of a professor to me."

Thibodeau has voiced his support for Rose, telling ESPNChicago in June: "It was a smart decision to wait. If you're not quite sure, and you're going to err, err on the side of caution. That's what he did. And now he feels great."

In their third preseason game, meanwhile, the Bulls will play the Washington Wizards in Rio de Janeiro on Oct. 12, the first NBA game to be played in the city. Rose called it "a big game not only for the Bulls but for the NBA."

"This next season is huge for us," Rose said. "We're definitely a contender for the title this year. I've been talking to my guys, trying to be more vocal as a leader, just texting them, calling them, just trying to communicate with them to let them know that I will be there next year."

*Tom Hanks voice*

WE'RE GONNA WIN!
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 4m

Can't make this up: In a press release about athletes expected to show at a Playboy Mansion event, James Harden is spelled James Hardon

That ? gonna show up at the mansion in a Brinks truck.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we-got-dwight.gif

http://youtu.be/QloGr5PwWM0

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    we-got-dwight.gif

http://youtu.be/QloGr5PwWM0

lol lil homie need to ? and foh
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Chicago the frontrunners to come out the east, Nate or no Nate I think that team is ready, no reason to believe Rose wont be himself, after Chi Town obviously I'll say Miami, Miami is at a stand still right now unless they made some moves I'm unaware of, last year they brought in Ray which turned out to be a critical move, but he's a year older Wade's knees are a year older, just hard to see that team 3peating, and if neither of those teams make it then it will probably a 100% healthy Cleveland
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Cleveland coming out the East...in 2014....

jayuggh.png
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    had no idea Cj Leslie only weighed 200 pounds dats horribly frail for a power forward
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland coming out the East...in 2014....

A healthy Bynum is the best center in the league
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving, dion waiters, Anthony Bennett, Anderson Varejao, and Andrew Bynum hoisting up a trophy if it aint miami or chicago? Nahhh I would say Brooklyn,Indiana, and New York before them ?