Masters of Sex

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like Virginia, she got the job cause she's a ? . Her hair cut continually frustrates me
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hoping somebody spoke on Libby (Masters' wife). Sounds like she admitted to cheating but didn't completely come out and say it. At least that what it sounds like to me.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    the baby gonna come out black
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    That would be crazy. Masters would shake that baby. if anything, it's the young doctor who hit.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I was hoping somebody spoke on Libby (Masters' wife). Sounds like she admitted to cheating but didn't completely come out and say it. At least that what it sounds like to me.

Not the conclusion I came to. I thought she was implying that she went behind Masters back to get artificially inseminated. But her going behind his back wasn’t as bad as masters telling her for years she was unfertile and making her feel like a failure when he had the low sperm count. She just wanted to move on and focus on the pregnancy.

Libby is really the biggest victim in all this. Masters has always put his work ahead of her, she got daddy issues and now Masters is sprung Virginia.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad y'all are enjoying it... I need to catch up badly, lol.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I almost always side the with male characters cause most female characters are just there to nag, annoy, and drag ? down but Masters is an ? for not telling Libby that he's got the slow swimmers.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masters knows that ? too. He bustin all in Johnson, with no ? given lol. No mention of condoms, no pulling out. He know he aint ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I almost always side the with male characters cause most female characters are just there to nag, annoy, and drag ? down but Masters is an ? for not telling Libby that he's got the slow swimmers.

ugh....i feel like such a traitor but this ? couldn't be further from the truth.
    idk what it is about people writing female characters but there's hardly ever any that are worth a damn let alone interesting.
    that being said, i ? with virginia tho.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I don't like Virginia, but I don't like Bill Masters either. But I do side with Tara on this season of Sons which is out of character for me.

Like think about shows that have just an awful female character. Californication, Everybody Loves Raymond, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO at Everybody Loves Raymond. Who is the awful character on that?
    Don't say Ray's wife. Ray is a ? ass ? for letting her emasculate him like that.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    lol you give tara a pass & i give skyler a pass.

don't even mention margaret...i can't believe they ? her character up & made her that repugnant.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I don't like Virginia, but I don't like Bill Masters either. But I do side with Tara on this season of Sons which is out of character for me.

Like think about shows that have just an awful female character. Californication, Everybody Loves Raymond, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk.

Sopranos, Mad Men (Don's wife), The Shield (Macky & Shane's wife)
    the is really a problem with writers being unable to write compelling female characters especially if she is the significant other. More often than not she is just an obstacle in the star of the show doing what the audience wants to see him do.

things are getting better with shows like this show, the Bridge, Homeland (season 1 at least), the Americans, Justified who feature female leads that are compelling and not simply nagging wives.
  • Will Munny
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Justified has Ava, who I ? absolutely love, but also had Wynona, who is largely a dumb ? . Ava is a horrible criminal but I still love her.

In homeland, I like Carrie, but sometimes I hate carrie. This season had a lot of time wasted on Dana Brody, who as the worst crying face of all time.

I totally forgot about Sopranos. Carmella was an abomination, and even Jamie-Lynn Siglers voice in the first season was THE WORST voice when she yelled at Tony about ? .

The Killing had a good female lead, even tho she was flawed, she was still cool.
  • suzyscrew
    Options

Not the conclusion I came to. I thought she was implying that she went behind Masters back to get artificially inseminated. But her going behind his back wasn’t as bad as masters telling her for years she was unfertile and making her feel like a failure when he had the low sperm count. She just wanted to move on and focus on the pregnancy.

Libby is really the biggest victim in all this. Masters has always put his work ahead of her, she got daddy issues and now Masters is sprung Virginia.

You are probably right. I just feel like they were very vague about what she meant. Her daddy ( and mommy) issues explained a lot. She really doesn't have a good example of a husband and she has no family to lean on but Masters. Damn, Libby had it rough.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I always found it weird how Libby would call Masters "Daddy" lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're starting to drift away from the study now...like they're going into everyones personal lives.
    I don't mind it...I like where it's going I just hope they don't rush masters and Virginia's "relationship" and try to put em together in the first season.

Agree.

The science aspect of the sex is what interested me off the bat, now they're doing emotional attachments, which makes plenty of sense but like you said, I hope they don't make that the whole idea of what the show will end up being.

How many episodes is this in? On Demand says 9, just wanna make sure there isn't more I'm missing.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    sunday will be the 10th episode. there's 12 altogether in the season i think.

i only say i hope they don't try to put them together in the first season cuz i heard the real life masters & johnson don't get married for 10 years or some ? while dealing with the study. they could easily stretch that out for another season or 2 before officially putting em together.
  • infamous114
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I doubt they end up together in the next couple episodes. Masters does seem to be catching feelings about Virginia and Ethan though in the next episode though.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Masters getting sonned at the end of the episode by Virginia lol
  • infamous114
    Options
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Once again they're purposely vague about what exactly Ethan did to get Libby preg. This show likes to tease that one storyline.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Vivian looks completely different in 2013 . Better than Virginia imo
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once again they're purposely vague about what exactly Ethan did to get Libby preg. This show likes to tease that one storyline.

he obviously artificially inseminate her; but the question is whose' sperm did he use

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    masters got that tape of Virginia in his secret lair..sitting back watching it sipping on a scotch