Masters of Sex

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only characters I really like at this point are ? -ass Barton and Libby. Everyone else is ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Masters is an awful human being. And I ? with virginia but my rule is anybody that deals with a person that has little to no redeemable qualities (or at least none that are beneficial to you) is suspect.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I don't ? with Virginia because she ? her way to the top, she ain't no doctor she just a freak. best females on this show are Dr. DePaul and Libby. I ? with her little more this season because they finally got rid of those dog ? bangs she had. THANK ? ! That ? was the worst haircut EVER! and she had that same haircut in Party Down too and it was sooooo awful.

I wonder if Dr. Haas will come back with a vengeance later on in the season. I bet he does.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    i like(d) virginia cuz she moves differently then the other women on the show...like i don't think any one else woulda told libby masters was shooting blanks even tho she deserved to know. she is ? her husband now but i ain't say the ? was perfect..lol
    & also i think any of the other women woulda just married haas out of convenience knowing she doesn't love him which woulda ruined him more than just saying no to his proposal..on top of most likely continuing the affair. at least she steps up & does the right thing (the affair aside) for the most part.

& let's not act like she didn't save the study because she's a fully functioning normal human being that can talk & relate to people. masters is a ? & wouldn't have gotten anywhere near where they got to if it wasn't for her.

but the way ? is going with masters i don't hold it against anyone for not liking her anymore (though if we had to play the 'who's worse' game there's really no comparison between her & masters imo) cuz there's not many things worse than ? your "friend's" spouse regardless of their ? marriage.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the premiere was pretty good. I had a feeling Barton was going to go out like he did. His daughter was looking good though.

My favorite characters are Libby and Ethan. Ethan has more going on and he's just a better character to me. Masters is an ? that doesn't change. Everything he does is for his ego. No growth at all. I find myself feeling sorry for Libby. She's better than Virginia in every way except for her sex game, I assume. Maybe it's the chick playing Libby but she just seems innocent and like the perfect wife.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign, Libby is one of my favorite characters too. She has integrity and seems like a really nice, cheerful woman. Given the historical context, her arc through the divorce should create some interesting tension.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Libby face cracked me up last season when she found out subject 22 and subject 12 had sex a total of 40 times or whatever and the dumb blonde was like "oh wow I wonder who they were" and Libby was just like "oh I wonder" with a smug ass grin like "gotcha now ? "
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    We sticky now. Thank you mods.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another great episode. 10/10

Felt bad for the lil girl Rose and the doctor with cancer. The lil black girl should be interesting.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    lol @ marie being the new secretary
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    masters ethered his wife by saying some people are competent. i know that burnt the ? out of her soul. yeah the black ? was catchin the fade when ole said its, "ask. not ax. were both raising the baby and we dont want him to get confused." lmbao. i would of burnt that ? with the iron like what happened to penny on good times. and LMBAO @the doctor who nutted while talking bout the ? . ? is kray
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that doctor set that ? up lol. That's what he had in mind the whole time.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another great episode.
    Libby is proably my favorite character on the show because she seems to truly have a good heart, wants a family and help her husband’s. So I was disappointed to see her throw shade like that but its understandable. She gets ? on by her husband (who is having an affair and lied to her about her infertility). The only thing she has is her son so she felt some kinda way when Bill insinuated the nanny was compentent. ? rolls downhill.

Loved the parallel convos Virginia and Masters had with their collegues. Seems like everyone that works in hospital is a stone cold freak.

And finally got an episode where Bill was the good guy and brought home the importance of the study. The young woman had an issue and any other doctor with Bill’s conviction would’ve performed the surgery. But Bill did what was best for her and in the long run his study will help ppl with legit issues and stone cold freaks looking to get freaky.
  • bignorm
    Options
    worst episode of the series.

This aint work. They making love and ? .
    If I smoked, this ? would have blown my high
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I liked the episode...

That dialogue was heavy imo. I liked that parallels between masters, virgina n the boxing match.

Daaammmmmmn! @ when virgina started ? herself infront of masters. Them big nipples were hard as ?

That new born babies dad was too over the top for me tho.
  • bignorm
    Options
    when she did that, a ? wouldawentbeastmode
  • Will Munny
    Options
    i fast forwarded through most of this episode.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I remember when Masters didn't want to watch Lib touch herself in front of him in the 1st season lol.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Masters is the most bland and vanilla dude on earth. That episode was so bad.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I liked the episode, wasn't GREAT because the plot didn't move forward at all, but I enjoyed a little bit of character development for Masters. I can't stand this dude's attitude anymore, though. We got to see how he got so miserable. The episode also showed a perfect case of scientific ignorance and fear regarding the general population, coupled with the attitudes of that time of course - dude couldn't handle his son being born that way. Those cases are interesting too, read about a few in an undergraduate course where some parents have to decide the "gender" of their child that way. 6.5/10 episode.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was kinda weak. They would have been better off showing longer sex scenes. Other than that, boring. I fast forward a bit too.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    i actually really liked this episode.
    this episode did a really good job of conveying things that weren't said. the 'read between the lines' factor was well done to me.

i can see how yall didn't like it or thought it was boring tho.

my real only problem was that boxing match had to have been like 5 hours long. they ? twice & virginia fingered herself, ate dinner, talked forever, a baby had a ? surgery, virginia leaves & the fight is still on like wtf no way a fight lasted that long even if it was 15 rounds.
  • gdatruth2.0
    Options
    looks like that episode is gonna be on Sheen's Emmy reel.
    what a phenmonal well acted nuanced hour of tv.

loved the parells between the fight and the catmouse game between Virgina and Masters. Masters opened himself more in that one hour than has to anyone else in a season plus +.

Heartbreaking to see what they did to that little kid. ? up situation but it parellled the difficulties masters had growing up and his mom (or no one else was there to protect him). Another reason why he'll be more sprung on Virgina cause she wouldnt have let that happen to her son
  • twentyfivelighters
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i actually really liked this episode.
    this episode did a really good job of conveying things that weren't said. the 'read between the lines' factor was well done to me.

i can see how yall didn't like it or thought it was boring tho.

my real only problem was that boxing match had to have been like 5 hours long. they ? twice & virginia fingered herself, ate dinner, talked forever, a baby had a ? surgery, virginia leaves & the fight is still on like wtf no way a fight lasted that long even if it was 15 rounds.

I had a feeling that the baby was a whole separate timeline, unless I missed something.

edit: I do remember Masters telling Virginia about the baby but can't remember if it was earlier in the day or something lol.
  • gdatruth2.0
    Options
    ^^^
    the baby was born before Bill and Virgina linked up
    during their night togther the baby was getting the surgery (hence the cutaways featuring the baby)
    Bill called to check on the baby only to find the dad pushed for surgery, bill went to stop it but it was too late.

the whole baby subplot and the father's disappointment that it wouldnt be a man ties into the issues Bill had with his own father.