Official 2013-14 A.D. Chicago Bulls Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^Why the ? you got a couple of beasts in your avi, my bad if those your girls

Chauncey Billups has never been a star in the league

pico and charlie that post in GNS
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls are good.. they just struggle offensively during long periods of time which kills their momentum...they need offensive fire power off the bench...those dry spurts will ? them
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Chauncey Billups wasn't a star wtf.Robert Horry hit more big shots than billups and he wasn't a star
    Beta wrote: »
    @windycity you mean star player or go-to player when you need points?

Chauncey Billups was the star of that team.When I think of a star player I think of a player that you are going to put the ball in his hands with the game on the line. But that's just me.

@Beta to me a star player=go-to player to me. You want the best guy on your team to have the ball with game on the line. And your best player is usually the star of your team. Don't get me wrong Billups is no Kobe,Lebron,KD,Jordan,Magic,Bird, etc etc....... But he was the star of that team

Glad you said Robert Horry. Yes he has hit some big 3's. But when you play with Olajuwon,Clyde Drexler,Shaq,Kobe,Duncan,Ginobili,&Parker on all of your champion teams you are going to be open for shots. He wasn't the go to player/ star on none of them teams.

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trade anyone for Jamal Crawford
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »

Bulls could of signed him twice but chose rip hamilton and kirk hinrich instead.This front office is going to run thibs and eventually rose outta here.Bulls have questionable front office management they've made a lot of bad decisions & classless acts over the years the reason it's not a bigger story is cuz it's been masked by thibs coaching brilliance and these regular season titles.I believe the front office and bulls management history is the reason why lebron and several other free agents never sign here.Rose is too mentally slow to actually speak up and request help his brother said what we all thought
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »

I said the same thing. If we had a Jamal Crawford off the bench then we'll be a contender
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jamal crawford would be great for this team...well probably any team, this team needs a second scorer that can create their own shot badly imo

and rip hamilton was the main scorer on that detroit team, neither were superstars but they had several all stars on that team, billups was the go to guy in the clutch
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bulls dont even need another superstar just another scorer that can shoot and or create

i been keeping my eye on this ben gordon ? he has played 9 minutes in 6 games this season i even called in to their flagship radio station to ask their beat writer what are the chances he gets bought out and he said very likely and if that happens the bulls gotta be at the top of his list

best thing about this organization playing it safe and running in place would be that gordon could fit back in like its nothing having played so well with most the current core and that thibs system that is said to be so hard to learn wouldnt matter cause he dont play d anyway

he just went for 45 just last year going 9 for 9 from 3 and even hititng 7 of them in one quarter

amaaaaaaaaazing graaaaaaaaaace
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but for now butler needs to play with the confidence of lance stephenson and stop passing up shots and just take it without fear bulls need more out of him offensively to help the load or thibs gonna have to bench him

looks way better playing with kirk for some reason though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    bulls dont even need another superstar just another scorer that can shoot and or create

i been keeping my eye on this ben gordon ? he has played 9 minutes in 6 games this season i even called in to their flagship radio station to ask their beat writer what are the chances he gets bought out and he said very likely and if that happens the bulls gotta be at the top of his list

best thing about this organization playing it safe and running in place would be that gordon could fit back in like its nothing having played so well with most the current core and that thibs system that is said to be so hard to learn wouldnt matter cause he dont play d anyway

he just went for 45 just last year going 9 for 9 from 3 and even hititng 7 of them in one quarter

Real talk bring Cash Gordon bacc he can come off the bench and fill the nate da great role
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    off topic a little bit but Jimmy Butler got that pistol on NBA 2K14
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have read this trade D.Rose ? long enough.
    Fact no team has ever gone to the finals without a star player. When the game is on the line you need somebody to score. ( what Rose did against the Knicks.)

Another fact.
    Teams that has won rings have at least a superstar & a all star. Or at least 2 or 3 all stars that can share the ball. Last just look at the past 10 years.

Miami 2x Lebron,Wade,Bosh
    Dallas 2010-11 Dirk, Kidd
    LA 2x 2008-10 Kobe,Gasol, sometimes Andrew Bynum
    Boston 2007-08 Pierce,KG, Ray Allen, Rondo
    San Antonio Spurs 2006-07 Duncan,Parker,Ginobili
    Miami 2005-06 Wade,Shaq
    San Antonio Spurs 2004-05 Duncan,Parker,Ginobili.
    Detroit Pistons 2003-04 Sheed,Chauncey Billups, RIP Hamilton.

The Wiggins idea crazy. So you would give up a MVP and one of the better players in league. For kid who has a lot to prove. Nobody knows how good or bad he will be in the NBA.

Detroit pistons....
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

I don't know, BG was jealous of Rose during Rose's rookie year. He wouldn't pass Derrick the ball and ? . He can't create his own shot either, but he can shoot still...maybe.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have read this trade D.Rose ? long enough.
    Fact no team has ever gone to the finals without a star player. When the game is on the line you need somebody to score. ( what Rose did against the Knicks.)

Another fact.
    Teams that has won rings have at least a superstar & a all star. Or at least 2 or 3 all stars that can share the ball. Last just look at the past 10 years.

Miami 2x Lebron,Wade,Bosh
    Dallas 2010-11 Dirk, Kidd
    LA 2x 2008-10 Kobe,Gasol, sometimes Andrew Bynum
    Boston 2007-08 Pierce,KG, Ray Allen, Rondo
    San Antonio Spurs 2006-07 Duncan,Parker,Ginobili
    Miami 2005-06 Wade,Shaq
    San Antonio Spurs 2004-05 Duncan,Parker,Ginobili.
    Detroit Pistons 2003-04 Sheed,Chauncey Billups, RIP Hamilton.

The Wiggins idea crazy. So you would give up a MVP and one of the better players in league. For kid who has a lot to prove. Nobody knows how good or bad he will be in the NBA.

Detroit pistons....

One team in the entire history of The NBA

Ok, congrats to them, but in 2013/14 and this era of the superteam, that ? is not happening
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hoping that Charlotte is good enough to win for the 11th overall pick in this draft, so the Bulls could trade their pick and that one to move into the top 10. So that player can develop along side another player that would go top 10 this year but been cooking in the Euroleagues next season..
    "Real Madrid believes ACB MVP Nikola Mirotic is ready to join the Chicago Bulls next year. Madrid now looking for replacements. (Source: David Arcas)"
    "Washington Wizards Jan Vesely agent is talking to Real Madrid about returning to Europe to replace Mirotic next season (Source: David Arcas)"

Wouldn't mind if that guy picked this year with Charlotte's pick is Gary Harris or Junkyard Dog the III.

What yall boys think?

Or do you deal the pick, Mirotic and maybe Deng/? for another player?
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

Nah, G.

Glen Robinson III, Gary Harris are decent players, the Bulls' FO needs to be tryna' get up in the Top 3 of the Draft and use Deng as trade bait, If they could somehow get Jabari Parker, and Mirotic leaves Real Madrid, now you playing with power
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Well if you can get into the top 3 of course. But is Charlottes pick, along with the Bulls own first and Deng enough for a team to pass on taking Parker themselves?

Teams gonna want Mirotic and those picks over what Deng is gonna want to be paid.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Or do you deal the pick, Mirotic and maybe Deng/? for another player?

And what I meant here was do you try to deal any ccombination of that for a player like Aldridge, Love or Horford? An established player vs moving up in the draft for a highly rated prospect.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

Out of that 3, I'd take Love, Aldridge, pass on Horford, he don't get enough buckets

That's a possibility too, Mirotic, from what I've read and the few videos I checked out, they say his game is ready to contribute in the League right now

Package Deng / Mirotic / Draft Pick, to get Love, or some combination of that to move up higher in the Draft, I ain't gotta' problem with that

As for ? , off hand I think next year is the last year on his contract, so he'll probably be more trade value in the off-season and at next years trade deadline if he keeps puttin' up decent #'s, some teams will take ? on an expiring contract
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trading Derrick Rose is one of the stupidest things I've heard on this thread. Derrick Rose isnt the problem with this team its the front office consistent love of their core players. Bulls need to realize Deng is what he is, the bench has gotten worse, that Dunleavy is 6'10 version of Kyle Korver maybe a lil worse. This Bulls team isnt as strong as previous years and the East got better
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derrick shot the 3 ball well, that was a very good win for the Bulls. They can keep building off this
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deng was aggressive as ? this game. He needs to come with that fire more often. I wonder if he holds back for fear of injury...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And for the record, ? started that shoving match at the end with Waka Flocka. They thought they were slick replaying it after the initial shove. ? be going for Oscar awards sometimes.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls just spanked the Pacers and the score didn't tell the whole story