Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ATL_DRO wrote: »
    OK, SO SINCE BRON LEAVIN.. WHERE YALL THINK HE SHOULD GO?...

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM GO OUT WEST WHERE THE REAL COMP IS

yeah because I know you and allergens and usmarine dickriding ? gonna be following him there staying up for them westcoast games

I NEVER DENIED I WAS A BRON FAN.. SO IT IS WHAT IT IS.. HE NEED TO COME ON TO ATLANTA OR MEMPHIS
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    epic off-season on deck........let the games begin
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Lakers picking up Lowry smfh
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »

Lakers picking up Lowry smfh

Jerry buss didn't leave the makers in smart hands

Lakers gave been making some dumb decisions
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    When your core is LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, you don't get to have the "we don't have enough" excuse

That'd be true if 3 on 5 could win a title, but that's never been true

FOH with your IG Meme cliche ? ?

They have more than enough

They got outplayed and they lost

These ? could've actually had Melo and the excuse would be "now we just need a point guard like Rondo"

You that angry over what? I never said Miami didn't get outplayed. I said 3 on 5 don't win a title. In this case it was more like 1 on 5. A Wade that cant even even get enough lift to make layups and a Bosh who isn't making shots is far from enough to beat that Spurs team
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @‌ KD

bet he wish he had that system compared to that trash they run in OKC

Kawhi was more efficient, played way better defense and attacked Lebron head up

PG act like he was in awe of Lebron almost the whole series. While Kawhi said ? em and balled
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ ? still being on that "the spurs helped em out in 2013 ? " ? just can't let it go
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season over time to dead this thread and make an off season thread
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Everything we see and how we're conditioned to rate players says Paul George is beter than Kwahi, but in the same vien of what Durant said: what if Kwahi was the go to be a go-to guy on a team? Wht if he got 20 shots/game?

I look at it kinda like Pippen, where people wondered that for years, then the year Mike left he still "only" avg 22ppg, but he led them in every category. Thats how i think Kwahi is and will be. He'll never avg more than 21/23ppg, but will be a 2 way monster

But he WILL have to start talkin whever its finally 'his' team.

In that respect i def see what KD is saying, Kwahi can quietly eat w/out the real pressure that go-to guy stars have. So u cant compare him to guys like PG for that very reason.

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When your core is LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, you don't get to have the "we don't have enough" excuse

That'd be true if 3 on 5 could win a title, but that's never been true

FOH with your IG Meme cliche ? ?

They have more than enough

They got outplayed and they lost

These ? could've actually had Melo and the excuse would be "now we just need a point guard like Rondo"

You that angry over what? I never said Miami didn't get outplayed. I said 3 on 5 don't win a title. In this case it was more like 1 on 5. A Wade that cant even even get enough lift to make layups and a Bosh who isn't making shots is far from enough to beat that Spurs team

Blahhhhhh ? blah

?
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its Done .....2014 NBA is a wrap
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    regressing.deadspin.com/the-2014-heat-were-worse-in-the-finals-than-lebrons-200-1591454897?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

S/O to dis years Heat team being worse then da 07 cavs finals squad statistically LMAO @ da Wade/Bosh combo almost averaging da same as da Boobie Gibson/ Drew Gooden combo

But...but...but...Lebron never could. have won a championship with Cleveland because he had nobody.

Ngga that stat just supported that! ? Did you watch this years finals??

Ngga are you high?

? how does that stat support that? This was essentially the same team that he won the championship with last year. So if this team that was capable of performance below that of the Cleveland team was also capable of winning a championship, how can anyone continue to act like it would have been impossible for him to win a championship in Cleveland especially given they still could have made moves to get better. I could see if the Cavs were a team that struggled to make the playoffs every year, but they weren't. They made it to the ECF every year, so they were always a threat to make the Finals. And that's with Lebron James, according to that stat, not even being as good then as he is now.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Pelicans have asked Pistons about Greg Monroe sign-and-trade

New Pistons president/coach Stan Gundy called Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe “an ideal pairing.”

Few are as bullish as me on Drummond and Monroe playing together – as long as Josh Smith isn’t also on the court mucking everything up – but even I think that’s a bit much. Neither Drummond nor Monroe has much shooting range, and both need major work defensively before it’s even possible to determine how well they’d complement each other on that end.

Mostly, the pairing works because Drummond (20) and Monroe (24) are similar ages and talented. They can grow together, and as much as Drummond is central to the Pistons’ future, it would be foolish to throw away Monroe just because he’s not the absolute best on-court fit next to Drummond.

But if the Pistons could get value for Monroe, who will be a restricted free agent this summer, that would change the discussion.

Nakia Hogan of The Times-Picayune:

While the Pelicans, with about $7 million in salary cap room, don’t appear to have enough cap space to sign Monroe, a source said the team has made some initial inquiries to the Pistons about the possibility of working out a sign-and-trade deal.

Monroe, a New Orleans native, would likely hold interest in playing for his hometown Pelicans. But no matter where he plays, he’ll be seeking a max contract.

To make a sign-and-trade work financially, New Orleans has four players it could send to Detroit: Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday or Ryan Anderson.

I doubt the Pelicans would trade Holiday or Evans after acquiring them just last offseason, and Evans probably wouldn’t pique the Pistons’ interest anyway. They don’t need another player without 3-point range, especially a guard.

The Pelicans would love to unload Gordon, and if they want to discuss a deal based around Gordon for Smith – two overpaid players who still hold promise due to their talent, even if it hasn’t shown lately – that could work. But for Monroe? That should be a non-starter in Detroit.

That leaves Anderson.

Anderson, 26, is older than Monroe, meaning his prime will overlap less with Drummond’s – a significant concern. But Anderson is still reasonably young and, as a stretch four, a perfect on-court match for Drummond. Anderson had his best years in Orlando under Van Gundy and has reached levels Monroe never has. The biggest concern is how Anderson recovers from a neck injury that kept him out most of this season.

The Pelicans might not trade Anderson for Monroe, and they probably shouldn’t – unless Anderson isn’t healthy, and then Detroit shouldn’t. Monroe would be a bigger player to pair with Anthony Davis, but the price is too high.

Still, if there were one sign-and-trade possibility that works for both teams, it starts with Anderson for Monroe.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been a great season
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *applauds* Close the curtain on this thread. FOF it
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Potential Cavs Line up 2014 2015
    Pg Kyrie Irving
    SG Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker
    SF Lebron James
    PF Kevin Love
    C Pau Gasol

This can happen if bron comes back the cavs have enough money for
    Love bron and Kyrie and if they take friendly contracts
    and sign Gasol But that's just wishful thinking
    From a cavs fan
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wanna know if Amare laughed @ Phil when he called him asked him if he was going to "opt out" of getting 23 million dollars next season.

amare opted in, ? greedy ass jews
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just feel they changed Chris Bosh game to much. Especially for this series you needed Bosh to be in attack mode to try to force Duncan to defend. You gave to much respect to Timmy on Defense. Lebron is more Magic then Mike. He consistently don't have that killer instinct. To unselfish but he still the best player in the world just not fearless. Kobe and Mike hated to lose. To Lebron it's just Basketball.

bosh didnt attack consistently all the time when he was on Toronto
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmel to dallas sounds ok I guess

New ? is rudy ? doesn't mind playing with lebron in florida
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Close thread

Not yet CJ, let this thread eat for a lil while. I gotta go back & read some posts
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't go back to Cleveland if I was LeBron. ...? for? They ? all on him when he made The Decision.