Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kawhi is one of my favorite players on the Spurs but people are jumping the gun saying he is better or on the same level as Paul George.

Nobody knows if Kawhi's production would drop off while being the number 1 or 2 option on offense consistently. I mean George's shooting efficiency was better when he was still a lower guy on the offensive totem pole. Now that he is the #1 offensive option his efficiency dropped a bit but he still helped his team win games.

Kawhi is already a better post player and rebounder than George but George is a better ball handler and deep shooter off the dribble. Not to mention Paul George is a better athlete and taller than Kawhi
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? acting like KL didn't put up 9 points game 1 and game 2
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And Lebron put up 7 points 1 game...your point?
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People not realizing that when the game was competitive KL was making LBJ miss layups and ? and when LBJ was going off KL was matching his points on the other end...? was crazy to watch tbh
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? funny PG had a nice series vs the heat then all of a sudden he got next then KL does the same thing but he not ready yet lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Casual fans don't realize that the Spurs play great defense as a team, and KL wasn't the sole reason why LeBron was missing. First off, LeBron's jump shot is shaky and has always been. Second, y'all acting like y'all didn't see the finals last year when no defense Boris Diaw was supposedly 'cuffin' LeBron. That by itself should point to the team and not the individual.

If you put LeBron at the top of the key with KL or Boris Diaw without help defense, he would get to the cup every time. But all my real basketball fans already knew that.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    ? funny PG had a nice series vs the heat then all of a sudden he got next then KL does the same thing but he not ready yet lol

Exactly KL does the same thing now he a system player lol
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

stop it. You left out a major reason as to why that was the case

Foul trouble, both games
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kawhii is 22.

22 years on earth.

Give the kid his props.

Lebron a decade in the league and he was outplayed overall by him. You gotta respect that.

He snatched that trophy like Parker in 07.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope

Didn't happen

• R.D.
    Options
    You ? stupid bruh

KL a good defender, PG better

Offensively, it's not even close

? we talking about bruh ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What you mean its not close.. you acting like Paul George is tracy Mcgrady.. they dont even run plays for Kawhi at this point PG is marginally better than dude.. lets not act like PG is consistent with this ?

oh that reminds me ? was saying PG was better than Tmac at one point
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What you mean its not close.. you acting like Paul George is tracy Mcgrady.. they dont even run plays for Kawhi at this point PG is marginally better than dude.. lets not act like PG is consistent with this ?

oh that reminds me ? was saying PG was better than Tmac at one point

lmao at bolded

I swear some of these ? think PG is a superstar, I wonder when tf that happen
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PG is highly overrated but he better than KL.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kawhi is nice but people gotta stop thinking every sf that plays versus bron in a playoff series is a future superstar

which is why i think its whatever if you want to pick kawhi over pg

the fact that he gets to the line 3.5 times a game negates those high screen and rolls they put him in as their way of initiating their offense. especially when you take into acount that hes not a great playmaker, has decent handles and is a streaky shooter

i said this at the start of training camp this year and it still holds true --- this year showed why its a bad idea to have the ball in his hands primarily -- his shot selection is awful and he over dribbles (when hes not coughing it up)

personally i would take pg as well because he can create for himself better he swear he is his idol mamba though he need to be attacking the rim relentlessly for at least the next couple years --- that was a big reason for his struggles this year very rarely do you jump shoot your way out of a slump and you for sure dont do it fading away

he gotta refine his drive game and the art of drawing fouls
  • ckfree
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    PG is highly overrated but he better than KL.

word

that spotlight gets bigger
    the chance your card gets pulled gets bigger
    and his got pulled quick
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this talk about George and Leonard, while killing my homie with the blazers in 2k I was reminded that batum existed, where would yall place him, personally he's more all around than leonard
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope that PG>tmac comment made its way to the dumbest posts thread.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batum would flourish under Pop's tutelage just as KL is doing, very solid forward that goes largely unnoticed due to Lillard & Aldridge's star power.

Still, PG>> KL> NB. Not saying Paul George is hella better than Leonard, but Batum & Leonard is closer in skill than PG & KL
  • ckfree
    Options
    i like batum game he kinda limited when it comes to beating his man and creating shots one on one but he can pretty much do everything else including guard multiple positions

lol he will go score 7 points and dish out 13 assists one game and then score 24 points to go with 14 rebounds the next

thats a great question i cant even answer it without having to really think about other factors but he should definitely be more talked about considering how multi dimensioanal his game is
  • R.D.
    Options
    Batum isn't aggressive enough, rarely does he attack the basket

He's been on the brink forever but refuses to take the next step as a player
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Batum isn't aggressive enough, rarely does he attack the basket

He's been on the brink forever but refuses to take the next step as a player

do u think that's because he has two other stars ahead of him like kawhi?
  • ckfree
    Options
    and kd had a good point but he came off sassy with it he need to worry about the system where he always plays like ? against physical defenders and speaking to russ about letting him borrow his team

on a bad team kawhi wouldnt find out who he is or what hes suppose to do because his role would have changed because thats what bad organizations do

one thing about the spurs system though is that not everybody can play in it
    S2J wrote: »
    Every generation has ? that holds back highly talented players.

In the 80's, it was ? - Roy Tarpley, ? Bias, Michael Ray Richardson
    In the 90's and 2000's, it was thugs- JR Rider, Artest, Stephen Jackson
    Now, it's fatherless, mohawk-wearing, dougie-ing new nggas- possibly Paul George, Dwight, Brandon Jennings & Nick Young (these nggas on video poppin pills)

as it was pointed out right here
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this talk about George and Leonard, while killing my homie with the blazers in 2k I was reminded that batum existed, where would yall place him, personally he's more all around than leonard

I ? with the Blazers too on 2K. That ? Batum be balling if you use him right. I be killing when they leave him open
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Same tier as KL.

The way I see it:

Superstars- Durant, LeBron, Melo
    All stars- George, Rudy, Deng
    Solid- Iggy, Leonard, Batum