DJ Quik Blames Tupac's Death & Death Row's Fall On Travon Lane

Options

Comments

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was gonna be riding in the car with suge regardless... say if pac was not involved in the fight but everybody else beat the ? outta ol'boy... after everybody went their separate ways ... pac woulda still been riding with suge.. and they still woulda got dumped on regardless.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea, cause the labels downfall had nothing to do with the constant diss songs towards aftermath by a number of no name rappers until that label became irrelevant. Or the fact that Suge's reputation in business made it impossible for the music to be distributed after he went to jail. It was ALL Suge's fault.
    NO all that ? was as they were tumbling down trying to grasp on to something to regain footing. The breaking Point came when Suge bet all his house of cards on Pac then Pac died. That was the pinnacle event that meant their star would rise no further all the ? that subsequently happened after that was just the aftermath(No Pun Meant)...

Deathrow's downfall had a lot to do with Suge alienating everyone who left the label, to the point where the label was seen as a joke. 2pac was the only thing keeping Deathrow a float in 1996. After he died and Suge went to prison, Deathrow became a shell of itself because of Suge Knight's past business dealings. Suge wasn't a great businessman. Never was. You don't need to be a great businessman when you have a young and hungry Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg churning out classics.

I see what you did there you said the same thing as I just said with more words clever...
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funniest ? is u niccas that ain't from the Land believe PAC was bangin and he wasn't! And if u think quik is on the set your ? crazy ! Fucc treetop hood is almost taken over by fruit town. Anyone from Compton watts inglewood or LA can vouche for what I'm saying. Doesn't take away from quik music or his legendary status. Truth is truth
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funniest ? is u niccas that ain't from the Land believe PAC was bangin and he wasn't! And if u think quik is on the set your ? crazy ! Fucc treetop hood is almost taken over by fruit town. Anyone from Compton watts inglewood or LA can vouche for what I'm saying. Doesn't take away from quik music or his legendary status. Truth is truth

If by bangin, you mean out doin drive by's then yeah that's obvious.

But Pac threw himself in the middle of that gang ? and ultimately died for it, so yeah he was bangin.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    ^^^ that's what I was saying . It was his own fault . But no PAC wasn't bangin, wasn't claiming no hood , wasn't going on missions, no thunderdomes. He wasn't bangin
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was not gangbangin .Pac choosed to help his ? ass friend who couldnt handle his own beef
  • RickyRich
    Options
    pac said alot of times hes not a gang banger . Thats why you seen him everybody hood either blood or crip .
  • tharealest561
    Options
    pac said alot of times hes not a gang banger . Thats why you seen him everybody hood either blood or crip .

Until he got to Tha Row. It was all red from there.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah bruh i heard Quik was bout dat life in da 90's not sure bout now but i heard plenty of stories of how he was a loose cannon nd punkin MC Eiht lls
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Suge had it all but ran his label like a prison yard. He eventually paid for it but his paying for it cost Pac his life. Even though Pac was a grown man and he could have chilled that night but he didn't and paid for it with his life.

Funny thing about Pac he started out trying be like a newer version of Chuck D but he evolved into something completely different. Just peep his early vids to his Deathrow vids and you can see the transformation be it bad or good.

jail will do that to a ?
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    Suge had it all but ran his label like a prison yard. He eventually paid for it but his paying for it cost Pac his life. Even though Pac was a grown man and he could have chilled that night but he didn't and paid for it with his life.

Funny thing about Pac he started out trying be like a newer version of Chuck D but he evolved into something completely different. Just peep his early vids to his Deathrow vids and you can see the transformation be it bad or good.

jail will do that to a ?

and getting shot.. that's probably two of the worst things that can happen to you... even a good person would go bad under those circumstances.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for the record that gang ? stupid as ?

This ? cant be said enough, besides only weak ? join gangs.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

nah bruh i heard Quik was bout dat life in da 90's not sure bout now but i heard plenty of stories of how he was a loose cannon nd punkin MC Eiht lls

I know what ur saying but those days are over. Like I said he blooding is certified but when you don't live that life anymore , moved away and enjoy the finer things like quik has and your dealing with a gang that's known to set trip over anything like the south side anythings a go. Like real ? like when quik and game had words and game basically said the same ? I'm saying. Quik dnt have youngsta in the streets to bacc him. Niccas from TT was ? with game until YG came out .
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Niccas sometimes have no choice in the matter. Your born into it when your in the hood . My dad , uncles, older bros, cousins are all reputables and I can say first hand it's stupid but when there's not away out and that's all u know there's no opportunity when your young and going to school and another neighborhood is fuccin with u and homies from your neighborhood help you then you been succed in by default! But yes gangs are dumb but it's life.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I think most of you miss the point with that life it is a inherit tribal nature that fuels the culture for the good and bad. In many cases you are raised by the set and they teach you the things you need to know to survive in that area. Depending on where you grow up in some places you either get down for the hood or destroyed by it. Some of these kids banging are 3rd and 4th generation into it. The pack mentality and the protection you have to have in some places make at least affiliation a necessity even if you are not full out turf soldiers you have to be loyal to the hood...
  • RickyRich
    Options

nah bro pac was still wearing blue .
  • tharealest561
    Options

Show me something to validate that. He didn't rock no blue rags, no nothing when he linked up w/ Tha Row.

• $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    It don't matter what he was roccin. He was fuccin with homies from the hood 60/40s he didn't have to wear blue
  • RickyRich
    Options

Show me something to validate that. He didn't rock no blue rags, no nothing when he linked up w/ Tha Row.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ83KDAbgWF6WPo689vS_bo9-m9kdNUVKZCrRO1SVlCzlz-hiD
  • RickyRich
    Options
    his last interview wit sway he clearly says it too . 1:55 and 2:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny_MfjAbVrQ

• blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was a target even before he stomped out Orlando..they just decided to deal with them there and then. Pac was a walking dead man ever since he signed to Death Row
    constantly gettin death threats.. Crips showing up to his hotel where they got into it with kadafi and napoleon of the outlawz outside of the hotel.

But the whole Death Row and SSC beef was more than just Trevons chain.

Pac a loyal ass dude which ultimately was his downfall

Oh yeah Quik the Goat on them boards
  • tharealest561
    Options

That pic ain't from when he was on DR. That was around 94 when he was rockin with Crips...droppin the word "loc" in his songs, etc.

I'm at work so I can't peep the interview, but he was clearly runnin w/ them MOB Pirus. Hell he namedropped OG's from that set on "To Live & Die In LA"

They showed Leuders Park in that video.

• RickyRich
    Options

That pic ain't from when he was on DR. That was around 94 when he was rockin with Crips...droppin the word "loc" in his songs, etc.

I'm at work so I can't peep the interview, but he was clearly runnin w/ them MOB Pirus. Hell he namedropped OG's from that set on "To Live & Die In LA"

They showed Leuders Park in that video.

that dont mean he was a gangbanger if he shouting out his ? . He more affliated wit the bloods . Pac wasnt a crip nor a blood . He got respected by sides that was why he was able to rock the flags .

• RickyRich
    Options
    blackstarr wrote: »
    Pac was a target even before he stomped out Orlando..they just decided to deal with them there and then. Pac was a walking dead man ever since he signed to Death Row
    constantly gettin death threats.. Crips showing up to his hotel where they got into it with kadafi and napoleon of the outlawz outside of the hotel.

But the whole Death Row and SSC beef was more than just Trevons chain.

Pac a loyal ass dude which ultimately was his downfall

Oh yeah Quik the Goat on them boards

ye i remember reading about how pac & kadafi got into a fight wit some crips at a gas station