What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if it comes out that a certain coach told Richie to "toughen up" Martin. odds are hes gone get fired.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Aiight, Imma say this cuz I been thinkin it all day and I've heard no-one else say it:

Martin shoulda stood up for himself way earlier obviously, but when that lunch room ? broke the camel's back....he did the right thing by leaving, quitting the team, and checking into a mental facility.

Cuz let's be real: if a little thing like that was enough to set him off, this dude was on the BRINK......and if THAT's the case, I can eeeeeeasily imagine this going another way.

And by "another way", I'm talking about a Wikipedia article titled "2013 Miami Dolphins locker room shooting".

Nah mean? Richie need to be thankful he ain't catch a LAST BOY SCOUT.

Instead, he did what we all as a society would prefer: took a timeout and sought professional help. So I'll give him props for that. (Martin will score several million in a lawsuit EASY btw)

? all these ? ? on the Dolphins defending Richie's KKK azz. And you're ? right the coach ordered the Code Red. Cris Carter was so trill when he blasted Philbin for not having his players trust. Matter of fact I thought all of ESPN's black personalities were GOAT on Tuesday. Stephen A is gonna skin the Dolphins organization alive on First Take with all this new info out....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 28m

According to Omar Kelly's source, when Jon Martin missed two days of OTAs they asked Incognito to call him and "get him in the fold".

Now the voice mails make sense.

How so?

Smarten up bruh, the coaches told Incognito to call Martin. They had no idea he would go to disrespectful levels dropping a racial slur and threatening to physically harm his mother. Incognito, of course took what he was told and ran with it, going overboard.

Either way, Philbin is ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    if it comes out that a certain coach told Richie to "toughen up" Martin. odds are hes gone get fired.

not really. telling a respected, veteran "leader" of the team to toughen up a young player who is perceived as 'soft' isn't really a problem. Unless they told that man how to toughen him up or if Martin reported the way that he was being treated and they ignored it, the front office/coaches aren't really at fault
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sure the coaches hold some blame. You don't tell a lunatic to "toughen up" someone and then act surprised when said lunatic goes overboard. Incognito has been a known nutcase for years
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philbin ordered the Code Red
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 28m

According to Omar Kelly's source, when Jon Martin missed two days of OTAs they asked Incognito to call him and "get him in the fold".

Now the voice mails make sense.

How so?

Smarten up bruh, the coaches told Incognito to call Martin. They had no idea he would go to disrespectful levels dropping a racial slur and threatening to physically harm his mother. Incognito, of course took what he was told and ran with it, going overboard.

Either way, Philbin is ? .
    Ok you're saying the fact that he called and left voice mails made sense, not the content of the voice mails.

If Philbin is "? ," asking Racist Richie to call him isn't the reason why. Maybe his overall lack of awareness could be held against him (possibly unfairly for political expediency) but I don't see how RR going overboard can be held against the coaches.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The coaches everyone is cuplable he has a rich.... richy history of ? at ? tendencies.. why didnt that history follow him.. ? i didnt know about the ? prior to the nfl but IN the NFL he has been a ? player.. him being a leader is itself a crime.. idiots

Ok i just heard Cris Carter talking about how stupid negroes allow white players to call them ? ,. this is a microcosm of our"culture" of negroes in other walks of life doing the same thing.. this ? has gotta stop this cavalier ignorance.. and acceptance of whites using the words
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Another thing im tired of hearing this "LOCKER ROOM" ? there is a LOCKER ROOM.. mentality.. @everyjob "lockeroom" is not specific to sports these ? think they special.. because their entitlement comes from their physical abilities on a field a play ... as opposed to the work force
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    handle-the-truth.gif
    HustleMob wrote: »
    Philbin ordered the Code Red

• Matt-
    Options
    The coaches everyone is cuplable he has a rich.... richy history of ? at ? tendencies.. why didnt that history follow him.. ? i didnt know about the ? prior to the nfl but IN the NFL he has been a ? player.. him being a leader is itself a crime.. idiots

Ok i just heard Cris Carter talking about how stupid negroes allow white players to call them ? ,. this is a microcosm of our"culture" of negroes in other walks of life doing the same thing.. this ? has gotta stop this cavalier ignorance.. and acceptance of whites using the words

not necessary
  • 1of1
    Options

Good point.
    Another thing im tired of hearing this "LOCKER ROOM" ? there is a LOCKER ROOM.. mentality.. @everyjob "lockeroom" is not specific to sports these ? think they special.. because their entitlement comes from their physical abilities on a field a play ... as opposed to the work force

Yeah it's lame, corny, etc. 99% of them buy into it though. Ask them what they miss most after they're finished playing, it's "the locker room." Word? Not performing on the field against high level competition, playing the game you "love?" Ok.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • infamous114
    Options
    Orlando Alzugaray ‏@BigOShow 49m

I'm told a few weeks ago #JohnathanMartin & #DionJordan got into a fight on the field, guess who stepped in to protect Martin? #Incognito

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 47m

Incognito said in Sept. toughening up Martin was one of his & Pouncey's projects. But Pouncey told Cris Carter that coach didn't order that.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1h

Source: “Pouncey and Incognito, they talk to each other that way — redneck, (n-word), it doesn’t bother the two of them. ...

(source continued)... "they were trying to bring Jonathan in the circle.”
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Pouncey showed he was an idiot a few months ago i forgot why.. but they always find that one ?
  • infamous114
    Options
    One of the most curious aspects of the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin story is how race has become very much a part of it outside the Dolphins locker room -- in the media and among fans and observers -- but not at all so far within the Dolphins locker room.

Think of this:

Richie Incognito left Jonathan Martin a voice mail that, among other things, called Martin a "half-n----r." And Dolphins players of color, knowing of the voicemail, have expressed no problems with Incognito.

"I don't have a problem with Richie," Mike Wallace said. "I love Richie."

"I don't think Richie is a racist," cornerback Brent Grimes said.

"Richie Incognito isn't a racist," tight end Michael Egnew said.

How is this possible?

Well, I've spoken to multiple people today about this and the explanation from all of them is that in the Dolphins locker room, Richie Incognito was considered a black guy. He was accepted by the black players. He was an honorary black man.

And Jonathan Martin, who is bi-racial, was not. Indeed, Martin was considered less black than Incognito.

"Richie is honarary," one player who left the Dolphins this offseason told me today. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

Another former Dolphins employee told me Martin is considered "soft" by his teammates and that's a reason he's not readily accepted by some of the players, particularly the black players. His background -- Stanford educated and the son of highly educated people -- was not necessarily seen as a strength or a positive by some players and it perpetuated in the way Martin carried himself.

And so that -- agree with it or not, comprehend it or not -- is a reason the Dolphins haven't turned on Incognito as a racist.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

Yall about to blast my team for this lol
  • Matt-
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Richie Incognito was considered a black guy

i'm dying over here. incognito claiming he got that Vitiligo.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2013
    Options

I place all the blame
    tumblr_lbssaz0INX1qe1ba8o1_500.jpg

and white mike
    White_Mike.jpg
  • 1of1
    Options
    Pouncey showed he was an idiot a few months ago i forgot why.. but they always find that one ?

071513_FREE_HERNANDEZ_LA_PI_20130715130641885_660_320.JPG

pouncey.jpg
  • Matt-
    Options
    so who do we get in return? kaepernick?
  • 1of1
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    so who do we get in return? kaepernick?
    Nah his biological mother already made him a free agent. It's his decision.