What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? with that, the line was crossed. You know damn well if somebody on the street said this ? you would wanna fight. I see who be getting ? in their everyday life by the way they cool with what the white boy did

but it seems like Martin wasn't cool with it. Maybe his response to it was different than the hypothetical responses of people who haven't experienced exactly what he was subjected to, but i think its pretty clear that he reached the point where he felt disrespected to the point that he needed to do something
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Word is he made dude pay 15k for the whole team to go on vacation

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a nikka that would come up off 15k for somebody that ain't threatening to ? him or someone he loves.

Sorry. *shrug*

And what exactly would you have done being in Martins situation?

At the very least - told him to gtfoh when he asks for 15k for team 'vacations'.

And if I was 6'5", 300 plus pounds and get paid to ragdoll nikkas like Martin is -- that is indeed the VERY least of what I would've done.

Everything has a limit. "Rookies going broke" over ? hazing is definitely over the limit.

Want me to carry your pads since I'm a rookie, aight. Buy you lunch? Aight. Get up in the camp cafeteria and sing a Beyonce song... aight.

Go broke paying thousands of dollars and allowing you to "bully" me to the point where I basically quit my job?

? no. And any nikka that would go for that is lame.

And ruin any chance of ever playing professional football again. Read the Bart Scott article...

Martin was stuck between a rock and a hard place...thats why he "snapped". He can't fight Incognito because that would have escalated to the point where he'd be kicked out of pro football. He can't look to the other leaders on the team because they are apparently also a bunch of bleeding ? . He can't go to Philbin because then he's a snitch.

Martin clearly didn't react in the best way possible...but the question is what exactly is the best response because all of them have negative repercussions

Come on now.. Racist Richie sent him those texts(about killin him,shittin in his mouth(n/h) & slapping his mom)to him back in April.. That Big Weirdo ? could've handle all of this ? in the OTA's or mini camp.. by giving that racist son of ? a fade right in front of the rest of his teammates... to show them his not putting up w/ that type of disrespectful ? .. and to also show them he's not going to put up with anymore hazing ? that he faced in his rookie year.. The bottom line to me is as man you can't let no other man.. punk you out or disrespect you in a way that's crosses the line.. Because if you let one man get away w/ that then other ? will think its cool target you.. and try punk you out too.. That Big Weirdo should've shown the rest of his team by laying out Racist Richie.. to either respect his Big Weirdo ass or fear the Big Weirdo putting hands on your ass...
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt this incognito guy get kicked off Nebraska?
    Then Oregon? I think before even takin a snap
    He seem like a ?
    Lol @ his dad postin on dolphins message board
    I feel for Martin :(
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lack of leadership .... mob mentality and dude was stuck.. but i would have whipped richies ass and took the consequences.. or just got back at him the same way.. at some point somethings gotta give..

if it comes down to me or him.. trust me.. it will be him
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lack of leadership .... mob mentality and dude was stuck.. but i would have whipped richies ass and took the consequences.. or just got back at him the same way.. at some point somethings gotta give..

if it comes down to me or him.. trust me.. it will be him

Funny thing is, a simple chin-check or show of dignity will dismantle that "mob". Nikkas will gang up on somebody if they know they can (especially in a professional environment.)

We ain't talkin' bout the streets. This is a professional sports lockerroom. Sometimes all it takes is for you to stand up for yourself and let it be known that you ain't that nikka to steal on. And a week later some of the same nikkas was on Incognito's side will be on his side.

Who wanna side with a ? ? Especially on a team that plays a physically demanding sport every week that rewards mental and physical toughness?
  • Matt-
    edited November 2013
    Options

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a nikka that would come up off 15k for somebody that ain't threatening to ? him or someone he loves.

Sorry. *shrug*

At the very least - told him to gtfoh when he asks for 15k for team 'vacations'.

And if I was 6'5", 300 plus pounds and get paid to ragdoll nikkas like Martin is -- that is indeed the VERY least of what I would've done.

Everything has a limit. "Rookies going broke" over ? hazing is definitely over the limit.

Want me to carry your pads since I'm a rookie, aight. Buy you lunch? Aight. Get up in the camp cafeteria and sing a Beyonce song... aight.

Go broke paying thousands of dollars and allowing you to "bully" me to the point where I basically quit my job?

And ruin any chance of ever playing professional football again. Read the Bart Scott article...

Martin was stuck between a rock and a hard place...thats why he "snapped". He can't fight Incognito because that would have escalated to the point where he'd be kicked out of pro football. He can't look to the other leaders on the team because they are apparently also a bunch of bleeding ? . He can't go to Philbin because then he's a snitch.

Martin clearly didn't react in the best way possible...but the question is what exactly is the best response because all of them have negative repercussions

Come on now.. Racist Richie sent him those texts(about killin him,shittin in his mouth(n/h) & slapping his mom)to him back in April.. That Big Weirdo ? could've handle all of this ? in the OTA's or mini camp.. by giving that racist son of ? a fade right in front of the rest of his teammates... to show them his not putting up w/ that type of disrespectful ? .. and to also show them he's not going to put up with anymore hazing ? that he faced in his rookie year.. The bottom line to me is as man you can't let no other man.. punk you out or disrespect you in a way that's crosses the line.. Because if you let one man get away w/ that then other ? will think its cool target you.. and try punk you out too.. That Big Weirdo should've shown the rest of his team by laying out Racist Richie.. to either respect his Big Weirdo ass or fear the Big Weirdo putting hands on your ass...

I remember people thinking just like this back in elementary school. But I'm not so sure it would play out the way you say it would if he put hands on that crazy ass bastard.

what if big weirdo gets his ass handed to him? in front of the whole team. yall going to call him Big Normal now? you think they will be like, "well at least he stood up for himself, so maybe i'll just ? in his shoes and call him a '? " Or Maybe they'll respect him so much that he only has to spend a few thousand dollars? Nope. He still going to be treated the way diddy treated da band.
  • Beezus
    Options
    Lol big normal
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

So you want a second year player to get into a scrap with an established pro bowler who is on the leadership council, who is one of the public faces of the team and does commercials for them. You want him to do this operating under a CBA that has no guarented contracts....you want him to do this during OTAs?? WHEN TEAMS ARE MAKING CUTS? Even your hindsight is blurry.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Im not a gangster I've just been hazed before. Its just something you deal with and get through then you do the hazing to the next group. Its just understood. Some people are too ? to handle it, some take it for what it is.

Lol at saying "ill ? your mother" being taken seriously. ? .

Even the money thing. That ? happens too. THAT is really the only place it went overboard if the dude was pushed into debt.

AKA you're a ? ? . You do know ? know who to try that with, right?

LMAO @ this clown thinking everyone gets hazed.. nah bruh it's just the weak dudes.

You're a ? idiot, AS USUAL. I pledged a fraternity. That's what pledging is.
  • coop9889
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

So you want a second year player to get into a scrap with an established pro bowler who is on the leadership council, who is one of the public faces of the team and does commercials for them. You want him to do this operating under a CBA that has no guarented contracts....you want him to do this during OTAs?? WHEN TEAMS ARE MAKING CUTS? Even your hindsight is blurry.

You are giving incognito all this praise as if he doesn't have an even higher track record of being an out of control racist bigot.

But yes, ? would approve of a "let's close this door and shoot the fair one" type of fight. We not saying he does it on the field in front of everyone, media included.
  • Beezus
    Options
    What frat my friend
  • coop9889
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    What frat my friend

Lets just say a member of the NPHC
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

Sorry. *shrug*

I remember people thinking just like this back in elementary school. But I'm not so sure it would play out the way you say it would if he put hands on that crazy ass bastard.

what if big weirdo gets his ass handed to him? in front of the whole team. yall going to call him Big Normal now? you think they will be like, "well at least he stood up for himself, so maybe i'll just ? in his shoes and call him a '? " Or Maybe they'll respect him so much that he only has to spend a few thousand dollars? Nope. He still going to be treated the way diddy treated da band.

Nah, one thing about most humans is that we consider "repercussions" with everything we do.

If you know calling some dude a name and trying to punk him out of thousands of dollars will mean a 300lb man will put hands on you --- you *might* be a slower to do that ? .

And like I said, at the very least they will respect him more.

There's a drill in football called the gunner drill. It really ain't even a drill because it happens in every game.

You're the gunner on special teams and two (or sometimes 3) dudes will be trying their best to pancake you at the same time. You WILL lose that drill. There is no way around it -- but how you fight in that drill tells the coach whether you should be a gunner and it automatically gains respect from teammates. I know this personally.

• your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im not a gangster I've just been hazed before. Its just something you deal with and get through then you do the hazing to the next group. Its just understood. Some people are too ? to handle it, some take it for what it is.

Even the money thing. That ? happens too. THAT is really the only place it went overboard if the dude was pushed into debt.

LMAO @ this clown thinking everyone gets hazed.. nah bruh it's just the weak dudes.

You're a ? idiot. I pledged a fraternity. That's what pledging is.

You are proving his point, IMO.

People hazed in Frats/Soros because they know they will get away with it (just like in this case), because the person being haze wants to be down, or not loose the opportunity to fit in.

I guarantee if they think their letters will get snatched because of it, it will stop. And in the situation If Incognito thought Martin would do something to him, it would have been over.
  • coop9889
    Options

People hazed in Frats/Soros because they know they will get away with it (just like in this case), because the person being haze wants to be down, or not loose the opportunity to fit in.

I guarantee if they think their letters will get snatched because of it, it will stop. And in the situation If Incognito thought Martin would do something to him, it would have been over.

Wrong.

His wording was "you do know ? know who to try that with, right?" as if it doesn't happen to everyone. As if the ones DOING the hazing deliberately chose the ones to receive the hazing for whatever reasoning.

When you pledge a frat you go into it voluntarily knowing you'll get ? up.

There is a very distinct difference.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

You are giving incognito all this praise as if he doesn't have an even higher track record of being an out of control racist bigot.

But yes, ? would approve of a "let's close this door and shoot the fair one" type of fight. We not saying he does it on the field in front of everyone, media included.

And you know this from all the time you've spent in the Miami Dolphins locker room? ? outta here with that. I love how a lot of you ? just assume how ? would work just so it suits your solution of "being a man".
  • Matt-
    Options
    and it needs to be said that, yes its a problem if a grown ass man can't stand up for himself. That much is obvious.

but damnit if its not as equally pathetic that another grown ass man is out here still living on some " O'Doyle Rules" type ? , walking around bars being the absolute worst human being possible.
  • Beezus
    Options
    What frat my friend

Ah ok so one of the 9 gotcha
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

He didn't have to physically fight him. He could have stood up for himself by bringing all evidence of wrongdoing to Philbin, the GM, and the NFLPA and demanding that action be taken. There's no "snitch" connotation about it unless ppl are fools, b/c there is no complicity from his perspective.

There's gotta be a formal way to file a complaint just like any other professional organization. No "culture" should ever be enough to dissuade someone from taking that type of action if they feel threatened or embattled.
  • Matt-
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

Nah, one thing about most humans is that we consider "repercussions" with everything we do.

If you know calling some dude a name and trying to punk him out of thousands of dollars will mean a 300lb man will put hands on you --- you *might* be a slower to do that ? .

And like I said, at the very least they will respect him more.

There's a drill in football called the gunner drill. It really ain't even a drill because it happens in every game.

You're the gunner on special teams and two (or sometimes 3) dudes will be trying their best to pancake you at the same time. You WILL lose that drill. There is no way around it -- but how you fight in that drill tells the coach whether you should be a gunner and it automatically gains respect from teammates. I know this personally.

thats one way it could play out.

but it could also play out the opposite. If the goofy kid in school that always gets picked on one day decides to actually fight and gets pummeled, its no guarentee that people are going to walk away saying, "maybe we should stop messing with him" they might be thinking about how hilarious it was to watch him get humiliated and continue to provoke him.
  • coop9889
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

And you know this from all the time you've spent in the Miami Dolphins locker room? ? outta here with that. I love how a lot of you ? just assume how ? would work just so it suits your solution of "being a man".

WHO THE ? SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING A MAN ? . You keep interjecting that as if that had anything to do with my stance.

And yes, if Ricky Martin was getting picked on in the locker room and he stood up and was like ? this, incognito square the ? up.....

Either they square up and fight or incognito ? out. Either way its pretty much squashed after that.

Man I can tell from your responses the type of kid you are. Never been in a fight have you.
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wrong.

His wording was "you do know ? know who to try that with, right?" as if it doesn't happen to everyone. As if the ones DOING the hazing deliberately chose the ones to receive the hazing for whatever reasoning.

When you pledge a frat you go into it voluntarily knowing you'll get ? up.

There is a very distinct difference.

My point is after the fact though. Voluntarily, or Involuntarily. ? know who to try it on. Either the person who put themselves through it because the want to get put on, so they wont fight back, the person who doesnt want to jeopardize their career, so they wont speak up/fight back, or the weak individual who just take it.

No matter how it happens once the person in power know you want fight back, they take advantage of the situation.
  • coop9889
    Options
    What frat my friend

Ah ok so one of the 9 gotcha

Well seeing that Im a guy... one of the 5 lol
  • Matt-
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

WHO THE ? SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING A MAN ? . You keep interjecting that as if that had anything to do with my stance.

And yes, if Ricky Martin was getting picked on in the locker room and he stood up and was like ? this, incognito square the ? up.....

Either they square up and fight or incognito ? out. Either way its pretty much squashed after that.

Man I can tell from your responses the type of kid you are. Never been in a fight have you.

nobody gonna respect ricky martin just because he calls out on nfl player
  • coop9889
    Options

Sorry. *shrug*

nobody gonna respect ricky martin just because he calls out on nfl player

Lol. I wasnt referring to the singer, just calling the martin guy that i forgot his first name