What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I played hs football at a majority white school. There were white boys who tried me and they got their ass whooped.
    So nah I can't relate to a grown ass man gettin ran off the team by racism and hazing. I woulda been gettin removed from the team for taking some cleats across his face.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Let me chime in on the "hazing" ? .

I actually chartered a chapter of a fraternity (not in the D9) with seven brothers 10 years ago. Our "pledging" process was so different because we DIDN'T get hazed (we built the ? , and we said we'd be damned if we were gonna let outsiders ? us up), and we caught a lot of ? for it by other chapters for a while. Eventually, niggs had to either get over it, cause we didn't back down to anyone.

So, it's a weird culture: people EXPECT you to take some ? to "prove" you belong there, but even in that, there's limits.

In this case, Martin had to have known that there should've been a edge to all of this. Like greenwood said, carrying pads and occassionally buying someone's lunch isn't too bad, but getting extorted out of 15K and getting called half-? ....nah, he should've stood up from himself on that one. I don't think the rest of the locker room would've gotten too mad if Martin called a "team" meeting, then knuckled up with Ignogito to settle that ? . But Martin chose the ? way out, and that's what the Dolphin locker doesn't respect.

Point is, Dickie is a ? and Martin is a piece of ? .

I was part of the same on my campus and that's why I know the ? doesn't go down like that. That's a standard set by those who come before and if people let it happen it will happen. If you say "Nah we ain't for that ? " then it doesn't go down.

You obviously aren't D9. So idk what yall white fraternities be doing. Or your wannabe D9 band frat or nursing fraternity or w/e you are in.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Call me a "GDI" all day, but its a difference between Pledging and Hazing.

When purpose of bonding became becomes the purpose of just ? with ? because "everyone got the wood" thats when it becomes apparent. Is knowledge being taught or are you just trying to break someone and see how much they can take?

Every NFL rookie goes through ? , but it was beyond rookie ? in this case. Going through the trial vs ? with someone

Spoken like a true GDI.

All that ? sounds good to say, hell, I held the same stance once upon a time. But until you go through the process you really truly don't know what you're talking about.

And you can't dispute that.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like Martin was a guppy in a room full of sharks. So he took this hazing to be accepted. But found out u still gotta stand up for yourself. Football players are modern day glidatiors. You either show u got ? or get ran over.

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

When purpose of bonding became becomes the purpose of just ? with ? because "everyone got the wood" thats when it becomes apparent. Is knowledge being taught or are you just trying to break someone and see how much they can take?

Every NFL rookie goes through ? , but it was beyond rookie ? in this case. Going through the trial vs ? with someone

Spoken like a true GDI.

All that ? sounds good to say, hell, I held the same stance once upon a time. But until you go through the process you really truly don't know what you're talking about.

IPT?
  • coop9889
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

Spoken like a true GDI.

IPT?

Nah man too cold for that
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I actually chartered a chapter of a fraternity (not in the D9) with seven brothers 10 years ago. Our "pledging" process was so different because we DIDN'T get hazed (we built the ? , and we said we'd be damned if we were gonna let outsiders ? us up), and we caught a lot of ? for it by other chapters for a while. Eventually, niggs had to either get over it, cause we didn't back down to anyone.

So, it's a weird culture: people EXPECT you to take some ? to "prove" you belong there, but even in that, there's limits.

In this case, Martin had to have known that there should've been a edge to all of this. Like greenwood said, carrying pads and occassionally buying someone's lunch isn't too bad, but getting extorted out of 15K and getting called half-? ....nah, he should've stood up from himself on that one. I don't think the rest of the locker room would've gotten too mad if Martin called a "team" meeting, then knuckled up with Ignogito to settle that ? . But Martin chose the ? way out, and that's what the Dolphin locker doesn't respect.

I was part of the same on my campus and that's why I know the ? doesn't go down like that. That's a standard set by those who come before and if people let it happen it will happen. If you say "Nah we ain't for that ? " then it doesn't go down.

You obviously aren't D9. So idk what yall white fraternities be doing. Or your wannabe D9 band frat or nursing fraternity or w/e you are in.

Nope not in a white frat at all. Not in a band frat either. Go ahead and keep guessing wrong though. It's funny but sad at the same time you're actually promoting the idea that being disrespected is a part of the pledge process. As a member you should want to dispel that ? because thats part of the reason a lot of Greek life catches a bad rep now. Clowns like you who think that ? is cool. You sound like some happy ass undergrad who just crossed and joined just for the status. ? like you in frats are the worst because you a walking stereotype of everything people hate about Greek life
  • coop9889
    Options

Nope not in a white frat at all. Not in a band frat either. Go ahead and keep guessing wrong though. It's funny but sad at the same time you're actually promoting the idea that being disrespected is a part of the pledge process. As a member you should want to dispel that ? because thats part of the reason a lot of Greek life catches a bad rep now. Clowns like you who think that ? is cool. You sound like some happy ass undergrad who just crossed and joined just for the status. ? like you in frats are the worst because you a walking stereotype of everything people hate about Greek life

Cool you're in some irrelevant frat no one knows about. Makes sense now.

Run along
  • Hip2DaHop93
    Hip2DaHop93 Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually thought you had to accept hazing to stay in a frat... smh
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should be out the league, not because I feel bad for Martin, like anyone else if i'm 300 lbs this ? just isn't happening, but fact of the matter is Incognito was bullying a mentally weak dude and hes a coward for that, Martin is a different type of character whether hes just a quiet book nerd or a closet ? with female tendencies it doesn't matter, he shouldn't have to fight some lunatic that your supposed to be going to war on the football field with, this ? went way beyond hazing for all we know Martin went through regular rookie hazing and took it like a man, but this ? right here was overboard and with his history Incognito should be out the league
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dolphins coaches ordered Richie to toughen up Martin, according to 2 sources.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

I co-signed this cause I AM in a band frat (Kappa Kappa Psi, to be more exact). And I'll tell you from jump: we don't strive to be like the NPHC at all. In fact, ? the majority of them. A ? -ton of them are arrogant dickbags who think getting your ? beat in for eight to ten weeks actually means you're ? , and most of them don't even graduate, they just pledge ? to belong to something.

My path to my frat was no less harder than anyone else, and even the D9 orgs on every campus I've been to on respects us and the work we put in.

Besides, in my 10 years I have yet to hear anyone call me "paper"...not unless they wanna lace up some boxing gloves and find that ? out firsthand.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 28m

According to Omar Kelly's source, when Jon Martin missed two days of OTAs they asked Incognito to call him and "get him in the fold".

Now the voice mails make sense.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only way I see the team getting in some ? is if Martin reported it, and they didn't do anything about it. But telling a "captain" to toughen up a player really isn't that incriminating imo
  • infamous114
    Options
    Incognito on olbermann tonight
  • infamous114
    Options
    Incognito on olbermann tonight

But they just might play this small clip of local news talking to him and he just says he's weathering the storm
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

Spoken like a true GDI.

IPT?

Nah man too cold for that

ha cut it out!

what school fam?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to at least two team sources who have spoken to Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinel, Miami Dolphins coaches told offensive guard Richie Incognito to “toughen up” teammate Jonathan Martin after Martin missed a voluntary workout in the spring. The team sources told the Sun Sentinel that Incognito, who has been suspended indefinitely after he was accused of using threatening and racially incendiary language against Martin, took the orders too far.

A team spokesperson declined comment when asked by the paper about the accusations, saying that the Dolphins are complying fully with the NFL’s current investigation into the team’s culture. In a voicemail to Martin, Incognito called Martin a “half-n—–,” threatened to ? him, and said that he would slap Martin’s mother across the face.

Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin, according to sources, told his veterans to “cut out” the rookie hazing, but he did not police what was going on between Incognito and Martin. Martin left the team last week after a lunchroom prank in which Martin was asked to join his linemates at the table, and his teammates then got up and left the table.
  • Max.
    Options
    I played hs football at a majority white school. There were white boys who tried me and they got their ass whooped.
    So nah I can't relate to a grown ass man gettin ran off the team by racism and hazing. I woulda been gettin removed from the team for taking some cleats across his face.

Wat they try
  • infamous114
    Options

Damn bruh you only the 4th person to post this

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    lol. I knew there was more to this story. all these ESPN n TV ppl gone end up eating their words for callin him racist after this all comes out. Richie is a ? and thats common knowledge. but all the piling on ESPN has done the last 48hours has been crazy....

btw how does bullying send a grown man to therapy? something aint right..
  • infamous114
    Options
    Martin already had personal issues...I'm starting to think the allegations Richie's dad was throwing around aren't so far-fetched.
  • Max.
    Options
    Martin already had personal issues...I'm starting to think the allegations Richie's dad was throwing around aren't so far-fetched.

Wat he say
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 28m

According to Omar Kelly's source, when Jon Martin missed two days of OTAs they asked Incognito to call him and "get him in the fold".

Now the voice mails make sense.

How so?