NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thread title misleading as ? then.

I think Cali was in the same place as NY is today, so..

And Joey Badass is wack man, his production is behind the times for me.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He isnt right.. Asap Rocky is the only one popping that new. French has east coast sound and beats as well as southern. Action Bronson is ghostface clone.

Nas and Jay still do numbers. As far as underground and independent goes no one sounds like they from Atlanta.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Trinidad James might be garbage but he's right. NY has a little movement going on in the underground between Joey BadA$$, Flatbush Zombies, Troy Ave, etc. let's see if the radio support these dudes.

Who's that in your spoiler fam?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would just post what Maino said though?, go to TJ's twitter and see what he had to say...

? always trying to start some ?
    i just saw what maino tweeted and made a thread
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? ?
    he said this ? in a concert in nyc and he said if you wanna do something lets do it
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA
    and thats not disrespectful to say ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Trinidad James might be garbage but he's right. NY has a little movement going on in the underground between Joey BadA$$, Flatbush Zombies, Troy Ave, etc. let's see if the radio support these dudes.

Who's that in your spoiler fam?

Donna Soublet
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a resentment for NY. There partially to blame for the resentment. They were arrogant and winning at all cost. The game changed and US west coasters took over then ? from the south smarten up and watched the east/west made there own formula . New York needs to do New York. Just like LA did. We stayed down for us and keep it LA and were making a musical comeback. People saw that and latched on. Stealing our slang and all. NYC are trend setters they need a reminder
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    what the ? ?
    he said this ? in a concert in nyc and he said if you wanna do something lets do it
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

of course it is
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all NY ? soft since 9/11
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? ?
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

of course it is

To who?...The ? in the crowd?...It sure wasn't disrespect to the city, he bigged the city up...He said its crazy that Kendrick can call himself the king...His whole rant was stupid but it wasn't disrespectful to New York...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude just reiterated wat countless fans and rappers have stated.....Dude is right, not just ATL but other places too....lol..

Man if NY ever got back to runnin this ? there's gonna be hell to pay.......

That's just me dreaming though.

Yo, if there are some youger cats dont like whats going on with this current situation, and they get offeneded by the disrespect, you right....Them cats are going to be terrors if this ever happened...lol...Dont think that regional dominance will ever happen again tho....
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    what the ? ?
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

of course it is

To who?...The ? in the crowd?...It sure wasn't disrespect to the city, he bigged the city up...He said its crazy that Kendrick can call himself the king...His whole rant was stupid but it wasn't disrespectful to New York...

in general when i hear the words "anyone who wanna get it can get it, do something"
    then some disrespectful ? was said or is about to be said
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who r the Atl artist running the game?
    I thought LA, Ny, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto rappers were killing the charts????
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

True the only atl artist putting numbers on the board are TI Luda, bob and future
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ? , just bump some hot music. All this ? is redundant now, and most of these ? saying that ? wack anyway
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? , ? goes in cycles. It was NYC, then the West Coast, now the South, peoples taste will change as always then it's on to the next thing, FOH
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and how many of them muthafuckas production sound like they from ? pigsfeet, arkansas
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout outs to that boring ass ? Joey badass and his crew. Kid Daytona, Flatbush zombies and even the ASAP mobb. There's a beast coast movement goin on that nobody in NY talks about. I take what Trinidad James said with a grain of salt. He's not poppin right now and he needs to rile up a buzz. Struggle rapper's 15 minutes comin to a close.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing but the truth tho. Chart wise the only one who really stays on the charts in the ATL is future and really hes not even known for bars hes a "hook maker". Bob has faded into oblivion mainstream wise after his 2nd album luda been saying ludaversal is coming soon for 2 years.

From a touring perspective look where Trinidad james is performing some small ass venue. What ATL artist sells out the garden and every venue on the east coast? ? future opening for drake let future try to headline the tour see if he could fill an arena. But Jay-Z will sell out phillips arena. You know that arena nobody from the A goes to support basketball.

What is atl running when the top 5 billboard rap charts look like this

1. Detroit Rapper
    2. New York Rapper
    3. ATL producer using miley, wiz and jucy (none of those features from the ATL)
    4. Detroit rapper
    5. Detroit rapper
This discussion has been closed.