Options

Comments

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Who r the Atl artist running the game?
    I thought LA, Ny, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto rappers were killing the charts????

Nothing but the truth tho. Chart wise the only one who really stays on the charts in the ATL is future and really hes not even known for bars hes a "hook maker". Bob has faded into oblivion mainstream wise after his 2nd album luda been saying ludaversal is coming soon for 2 years.

From a touring perspective look where Trinidad james is performing some small ass venue. What ATL artist sells out the garden and every venue on the east coast? ? future opening for drake let future try to headline the tour see if he could fill an arena. But Jay-Z will sell out phillips arena. You know that arena nobody from the A goes to support basketball.

What is atl running when the top 5 billboard rap charts look like this

1. Detroit Rapper
    2. New York Rapper
    3. ATL producer using miley, wiz and jucy (none of those features from the ATL)
    4. Detroit rapper
    5. Detroit rapper

yea guys lets just compare the biggest rapper in the game whos been here for 20 years to a one hit wonder

or better yet compare future to say a troy ave, troy aint no new rapper, they prolly been solo artists tryna push they mixtapes for the same amount of time
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol its funny how people bring up sales only when it supports their argument. Any other time it's "? record sales"

If someone mentions one city(Atlanta) is dominating the rap scene then record sales should be put into the equation.

Cause when was the last time a rapper from Atlanta debuted #1 on the billboards chart with an album its been years I think the closes was jeezy(#3)on his last album.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't believe in this theory of NY lacking because they're maintaining a dated sound when southern ? from Texas to ATL have been riding this 808 Snares / heavy bass wave for the past decade and a half. The influence is even dominant in these popular Trap beats, and that is what's getting radio play right now.

The only difference is, the further southwest you go (Texas), the more sizzurp / DJ Screw / slowed down the beat gets. The further east you get (closer to Atlanta and the Carolinas), the more snares, increased tempo and overall danceable the ? gets. Then you got spots like Memphis right smack in the middle that have that healthy mix, perfect for the strippers. The further Southeast? (Miami) The more the bass. Word to Officer Ricky.

Only ? really making any innovative sounds, production and rap wise I would say are small pockets of ? in the D like Danny Brown, and a few California ? like Odd Future and Kendrick.

Edit: Let me add OHIO in all honesty probably has the most innovative interesting sound at this point, but is criminally slept on as innovators. Word to Chip the Ripper and Kid Cudi. But Cudi arguably mastered his sound in NY sooo....
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whether ppl like it or not, the ? is right. ny really aint doing ? in hip hop. dipset was the last group to really blow up from ny. and that was ten years ago.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    plenty atl/southern artists on the radio alongside those detroit, toronto, ny, and la artists tho, might not be killing the album sales charts, but the single sales charts still count, its really no region just runnin ? right now tho imo

So true. And honestly that is really the reality of the game right now. everyone wants to say new york lost but they can't name more than 2 ? from their town or nearest city that is taking the game by storm. yes new york is not the same dominant force it used to be but neither is one individual city. People try to compare the whole west coast or the whole south to 1 city and that ? is not logical lol. Its like comparing the Denver broncos to the NFC North. Nah ? how does your 1 city by itself matchup to new york lol. Outside of Chicago or LA no other single city can say by themselves they can stand head to head and dominate NYC.

You do realize Atlanta's less than half the size of Brooklyn right? Let's compare the artists of ATL to Staten Island, that's a more appropiate comparison in terms of population

Who cares how many people are in one city versus another the point is each city has its own culture and that influences that metro area. Nobody says brooklyn lost or Staten Island lost. People say new york lost. At the end of the day right now that city alone Atlanta doesn't have 1 rapper that should they go on tour could sell out MSG on a solo tour. But ATL is taking over New york why is trinidad james performing in some hole in the wall. Because if the A was taking over new york culture you could easily get 18K out to his show.....oh wait.

Atlanta had the charts/rapculture on lock about 8 or 10 years ago. But right now regardless of population they don't have the hold on the game point blank. So trindad james is wrong.

When you talk about pitting cities against each other of course population matters. That's why we create terms like "per capita." And saying Trinidad James has to sell out the Garden as if he's the cornerstone of Atlanta rap is ?

My ? this not a geographical survey and ? . If you are hot you are hot. Population doesn't matter culture/innovation does. What is your cities culture doing to lure fans from across the country and change the game? Or what are you doing as an artist to lure people to your style? When drake comes to the NYC area he sells out the venue on a large scale. Same thing with Lil Wayne, Kanye, and now kendrick. Why? because what they have done has made an impact on not only NYC rap fans but fans of hip hop in every city they sell out. Its not about the population of their city. Something they did or do gets 15 to 18K in people to pay cash money to go see them.

Impact has nothing to do with how many ? are in your city. Matter fact the more ? in your city the harder it is to blow up sometimes. Impact is about what are you doing to get people to change what they listen to and show up to your show. Trinidad James, even future or BOB are not to the point of impact that they have enough people in any given major city to roll 15K deep into an arena.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    lol its funny how people bring up sales only when it supports their argument. Any other time it's "? record sales"

If someone mentions one city(Atlanta) is dominating the rap scene then record sales should be put into the equation.

Cause when was the last time a rapper from Atlanta debuted #1 on the billboards chart with an album its been years I think the closes was jeezy(#3)on his last album.

tity boi came out number 1 last year, tip was 2 a few months later, both gold
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    thread says "disrespects NY"
    it'll probably do numbers
    probably.....

All I needed to read.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do them Onyx ? got kids?

They wouldn't have let this happen
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Maybe you'd have a point, MAYBE if you had the right facts but nah fail. Again, if you don't use #s for anything else they shouldn't be used for discussing "relevancy" which Trinidad James is saying.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyway, can we all agree that if he's suggesting that certain rappers from NY are biting styles or dickriding he should have done what none of the 50 or so other rappers to say the same thing did...

a) name names
    and
    b) make that ? rhyme and say it over a beat
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe you'd have a point, MAYBE if you had the right facts but nah fail. Again, if you don't use #s for anything else they shouldn't be used for discussing "relevancy" which Trinidad James is saying.
    And at the end of the day there is no 1 region completely dominating anymore nowadays.

When I think of ? on a large scale west coast rap of the early 90's is ? .

Today there isn't really a region with a stronghold like that anymore
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No feelin involved, and i aint tryna be funny but can yall drop a list of rappers from atlanta that yall consider one hit wonders, i just want yall opinion, just tryna find out who yall consider one hit wonders
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Sad ass state of affairs when the charts are the standard for Hip Hop. Ole top 40, commercial ass clowns.

Self destruction. We stay letting the corporations run game on us.
  • Stew
    Options

And at the end of the day there is no 1 region completely dominating anymore nowadays.

When I think of ? on a large scale west coast rap of the early 90's is ? .

Today there isn't really a region with a stronghold like that anymore

I think you're digging too deep
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    No feelin involved, and i aint tryna be funny but can yall drop a list of rappers from atlanta that yall consider one hit wonders, i just want yall opinion, just tryna find out who yall consider one hit wonders

that ? gonna come out looking like a 1930's stock market tickertape. it would probably be easier to list the ones that aren't.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited November 2013
    Options

Bruh. I gave you a list, and you inexplicably wacked my GOAT post. So let me give it to you again.
    Down South is a complete different situation from Kendrick. Down South breaks a dozen one hit wonder ? literally every summer for every single substantive ? they've got. Three years ago it was that ? Roscoe Dash. Two years ago it was Kirko Bangz and Cash-Out. Last year it was Trinidad and Travis Porter. This year its Rich Homie Quann and Migos. These ? dominate radio for a few seasons, and then disappear off the face of the earth. But in that batch of ? , quality talent emerges like Rick Ross, and for what its worth, this ? Future out here making numerous hits.

You can add Sage the Gemini to that ? , cuz that Gas Pedal ? is apparently whats hot in these streets. And these are just the most recent ? , but that is who have been dominating the radio. I would even be hard pressed to add Gucci Mane, but I dont think that'd be fair. But OJ the Juiceman? Im'a keep adding to this post as I think of them. Shop Boyz in 07 with that Party Like a Rockstar ? ? Jibbs with that Chain Hang Low ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    in b4 a lot of rappers that have more than one hit are placed in the 1 hit bracket
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2013
    Options

Bruh. I gave you a list, and you inexplicably wacked my GOAT post. So let me give it to you again.
    Down South is a complete different situation from Kendrick. Down South breaks a dozen one hit wonder ? literally every summer for every single substantive ? they've got. Three years ago it was that ? Roscoe Dash. Two years ago it was Kirko Bangz and Cash-Out. Last year it was Trinidad and Travis Porter. This year its Rich Homie Quann and Migos. These ? dominate radio for a few seasons, and then disappear off the face of the earth. But in that batch of ? , quality talent emerges like Rick Ross, and for what its worth, this ? Future out here making numerous hits.

You can add Sage the Gemini to that ? , cuz that Gas Pedal ? is apparently whats hot in these streets.

sage from west coast, and he has 2 billboard hits

and im not gon fib, i fool wit both songs
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@me bruh...
    and we damn sure aint talking about skills here...
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited November 2013
    Options

You can add Sage the Gemini to that ? , cuz that Gas Pedal ? is apparently whats hot in these streets.

sage from west coast, and he has 2 billboard hits

and im not gon fib, i fool wit both songs

Damn, he aint reppin right then. The rest of the ? I posted though Im sure are fair game.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ KaySlay ‏@RealDjKayslay 4h
    I can guarantee if dude is at any venue tonite without the national guard he will be the sacrificial lamb for all the frustrated NY ?
  • Stew
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

@me bruh...
    and we damn sure aint talking about skills here...

I didn't bother to keep track of who was doing it. My point still stands.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game garbage. All the mainstream artists sans 1 or 2 disappointed this year. Em, Ye, Jay all dropped wack LPs I don't care where they from if the music garbage.
This discussion has been closed.