NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Another misleading title, huh?...? said the same ? NY ? on here say all the time..."I member when NY ran ? , now every artist that's poppin outta NY, you might as well say he's from Atlanta"...Where was the disrespect...?

Word. I might be wrong as ? but it does seem as if Trinidad was making a point. A similar point that most NY rappers brought up before. I dont think he said it with malice intent.

Hip-hop stay lacking in context. It's apart of every game but ironically in a craft so focused on content & lyricism.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta definitely got the most one hit wonders compare to other regions I'll give them that lol.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    what the ? ?
    he said this ? in a concert in nyc and he said if you wanna do something lets do it
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

? ain't trying to pop off in a police state this is a city where you can accidently shoot yourself with your own gun and get 3 years of jail time.

I live in NYC, and am born and raised. You don't gotta tell me about this. ? , i was almost at ? 's the night saigon got run out the club, but I know this was at a place where majority ppl were white hipsters, but still. thats some funny ? . that's all im saying.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Shout outs to that boring ass ? Joey badass and his crew. Kid Daytona, Flatbush zombies and even the ASAP mobb. There's a beast coast movement goin on that nobody in NY talks about. I take what Trinidad James said with a grain of salt. He's not poppin right now and he needs to rile up a buzz. Struggle rapper's 15 minutes comin to a close.

Says Trinidad James is irrelevant but mentions Kid Daytona. Sounds bout right...

Lol ? mad
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ass state of affairs when the charts are the standard for Hip Hop. Ole top 40, commercial ass clowns.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    plenty atl/southern artists on the radio alongside those detroit, toronto, ny, and la artists tho, might not be killing the album sales charts, but the single sales charts still count, its really no region just runnin ? right now tho imo
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    what the ? ?
    he said this ? in a concert in nyc and he said if you wanna do something lets do it
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

? ain't trying to pop off in a police state this is a city where you can accidently shoot yourself with your own gun and get 3 years of jail time.

I live in NYC, and am born and raised. You don't gotta tell me about this. ? , i was almost at ? 's the night saigon got run out the club, but I know this was at a place where majority ppl were white hipsters, but still. thats some funny ? . that's all im saying.
    I from NYC as well born and raised its just a reminder to other posters naivety on New York city saying we soft and never step foot in this city .
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie rollin in his grave right now
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plenty atl/southern artists on the radio alongside those detroit, toronto, ny, and la artists tho, might not be killing the album sales charts, but the single sales charts still count, its really no region just runnin ? right now tho imo

So true. And honestly that is really the reality of the game right now. everyone wants to say new york lost but they can't name more than 2 ? from their town or nearest city that is taking the game by storm. yes new york is not the same dominant force it used to be but neither is one individual city. People try to compare the whole west coast or the whole south to 1 city and that ? is not logical lol. Its like comparing the Denver broncos to the NFC North. Nah ? how does your 1 city by itself matchup to new york lol. Outside of Chicago or LA no other single city can say by themselves they can stand head to head and dominate NYC.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notice my man didn't choose to put his diss in the format of a song. Let's you know what's really good.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread title misleading as ? then.

I think Cali was in the same place as NY is today, so..

And Joey Badass is wack man, his production is behind the times for me.

California was in rebuilding mode. Cant compare the two. We were still putting Glasses Malones, Ya Boys, Games, Jay Rocks, Nipsey Hussles. NY was only putting out Jigga and Biggie clones after G Unit. NY cant create a new sound everybody can get jiggy wit.

• movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Trinidad James didn't claim "King of New York" status last night during his concert at Converse Rubber Tracks in NYC, but he did make it clear that in his opinion Atlanta runs New York City musically.

"I remember when New York ran this sh*t dog. When Dipset was f*cking turned the f*ck up," Trinidad said. "What the f*ck happened? I remember when New York rap was the sh*t. And us in the South...us Bamas, we was like 'What the f*ck?' And we just did our own thing, but now we run y'all musically. That's crazy. I'm not trying to start nothing, but if you wanna do something, we can do something 'cause I don't give a f*ck. I'm just being honest with you. I looked up to New York music. And now every n*gga that's really popping out of New York, you might as well say he's from Atlanta."

http://youtu.be/4ypUu4jRFuQ

I hate to say it but he's right cause when I talk to my ? back home they sayin the SAME DAMN THING BUT AIN'T ? BEING DONE.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Euro beats run the charts...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

So true. And honestly that is really the reality of the game right now. everyone wants to say new york lost but they can't name more than 2 ? from their town or nearest city that is taking the game by storm. yes new york is not the same dominant force it used to be but neither is one individual city. People try to compare the whole west coast or the whole south to 1 city and that ? is not logical lol. Its like comparing the Denver broncos to the NFC North. Nah ? how does your 1 city by itself matchup to new york lol. Outside of Chicago or LA no other single city can say by themselves they can stand head to head and dominate NYC.

You do realize Atlanta's less than half the size of Brooklyn right? Let's compare the artists of ATL to Staten Island, that's a more appropiate comparison in terms of population
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It aint leaving The South!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Notice my man didn't choose to put his diss in the format of a song. Let's you know what's really good.

probably because it wasnt a diss, it was the same thing another NY rapper said 2 months ago.
  • Mr.LV
    edited November 2013
    Options

You do realize Atlanta's less than half the size of Brooklyn right? Let's compare the artists of ATL to Staten Island, that's a more appropiate comparison in terms of population
    That's like half of
    filepicker%2FaB6Skx8fRr62tDIzIE9a_wu_tang.jpg

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Who cares how many people are in one city versus another the point is each city has its own culture and that influences that metro area. Nobody says brooklyn lost or Staten Island lost. People say new york lost. At the end of the day right now that city alone Atlanta doesn't have 1 rapper that should they go on tour could sell out MSG on a solo tour. But ATL is taking over New york why is trinidad james performing in some hole in the wall. Because if the A was taking over new york culture you could easily get 18K out to his show.....oh wait.

Atlanta had the charts/rapculture on lock about 8 or 10 years ago. But right now regardless of population they don't have the hold on the game point blank. So trindad james is wrong.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Who cares how many people are in one city versus another the point is each city has its own culture and that influences that metro area. Nobody says brooklyn lost or Staten Island lost. People say new york lost. At the end of the day right now that city alone Atlanta doesn't have 1 rapper that should they go on tour could sell out MSG on a solo tour. But ATL is taking over New york why is trinidad james performing in some hole in the wall. Because if the A was taking over new york culture you could easily get 18K out to his show.....oh wait.

Atlanta had the charts/rapculture on lock about 8 or 10 years ago. But right now regardless of population they don't have the hold on the game point blank. So trindad james is wrong.

he's probably not wrong about the radio tho, which i think was his main point not sales or shows, even NY artists say that the radio sound more like atl and miami than NY. that might be cuz ny using a dated sound instead of at least makin that sound modern
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you talk about pitting cities against each other of course population matters. That's why we create terms like "per capita." And saying Trinidad James has to sell out the Garden as if he's the cornerstone of Atlanta rap is ?
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    When was the last time a rapper from Atlanta debuted #1 on the billboards charts with an album?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? ?
    and ? aint do ? ?
    damn
    haha
    ROFLROFLROFL
    HAHAHAAHAHA

You saw that crowd, right? Let's put it this way... there's people in NYC that would go to a Trinidad James show - they're called bloggers and hipsters; you can say whatever you want to at a show with them since 99% of them aren't from NYC in the first place and 100% of them are ? .

I don't know what you were expecting but if this makes you feel good about being from some tier 3 city or town then by all means bask in the glory.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i read what he said and he's 100% right he didn't disrespect at all
This discussion has been closed.