U.N.S. The Education on Tommy Sotomayor.

Options
123457»

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how you can listen to Tommy Sotomayor.... His voice makes my ears bleed.. plus he be on that ?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @taeboo
    love you too sista. Nobody is perfect. However the reasons of Sotomayor, his vids have some truth. And thats what is worth for me. In order to advance and reunite , we have to get through our flaws and concentrate on the good in us.

thats the problem with Pac. People focus too much of his death throw personna and thus forget all his true legacy.
    Dear mama, Mama was a little girl, Brenda got a baby, White menz world >>>>>>>> AEOM. I cant let a gangsta rap album evaporate his true estate. And supremacists and dividers insist on his flaws ( paranoia, cocky, overzealous) to ? on him cause they dont want us to focus on the activist.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    lemzola wrote: »
    @byefelicia and @taeboo @amann @stopitfive @coonkillathird

wether its tommy sotomayor or the dude in the OP , nobody hold the complete truth. They both got some valid points in their vids.
    The ongoing debate gives Tommy some valid points : as soon as you criticize the illnesses of black community you are labeled a ? , an angry guy , ugly, a agent of the white supremacists. I thought that America was the homeland of freedom of speech.

@byefelicia @taeboo the one who Truly loves you has to be your biggest critic because he wants you to advance. Beware of the people who say that you re perfect, that our community is perfect, that obesity is thick healthy and beautiful : they dont love you.
    Sotomayor doesnt gain millins and shoe deals with his rants. His familly is threatened, he might one day get shot one day at this rate. Instead of taking the easy road of hypocrisy, he has chosen to wear the finger pointer cap for some of us to wake the ? up.

I have black sistas and year ago i was act like this guy whenever i heard them expressing their dislike for their color and hair subliminally. I was recieving the same responses as Tommy . Now they are proud and respected women who dont suffer from the ongoing outcome of slavery and segregation : we dont like ourselves, we cannot communicate quietly, critism is hating, being healthy is acting white, being intelligent is acting white.

Whe should start to look at the message not the speaker. We have to open our eyes even if its hard. We owe that to our children. Earth doesnt belong to us its for our heirs. And as far as our black community, we have to do our best to give them more pscychologic strenght, less junk food, more knowledge , less guns.
    We have to stand our ground, not burning ours ourselves.

Lemmy I e-love you and everything, but all of this is some bull. Sotomayor does not do these videos for the benefit of black women. He does them for yt hits plain and simple.

Is he wrong tho?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    taeboo wrote: »

wether its tommy sotomayor or the dude in the OP , nobody hold the complete truth. They both got some valid points in their vids.
    The ongoing debate gives Tommy some valid points : as soon as you criticize the illnesses of black community you are labeled a ? , an angry guy , ugly, a agent of the white supremacists. I thought that America was the homeland of freedom of speech.

@byefelicia @taeboo the one who Truly loves you has to be your biggest critic because he wants you to advance. Beware of the people who say that you re perfect, that our community is perfect, that obesity is thick healthy and beautiful : they dont love you.
    Sotomayor doesnt gain millins and shoe deals with his rants. His familly is threatened, he might one day get shot one day at this rate. Instead of taking the easy road of hypocrisy, he has chosen to wear the finger pointer cap for some of us to wake the ? up.

I have black sistas and year ago i was act like this guy whenever i heard them expressing their dislike for their color and hair subliminally. I was recieving the same responses as Tommy . Now they are proud and respected women who dont suffer from the ongoing outcome of slavery and segregation : we dont like ourselves, we cannot communicate quietly, critism is hating, being healthy is acting white, being intelligent is acting white.

Whe should start to look at the message not the speaker. We have to open our eyes even if its hard. We owe that to our children. Earth doesnt belong to us its for our heirs. And as far as our black community, we have to do our best to give them more pscychologic strenght, less junk food, more knowledge , less guns.

Lemmy I e-love you and everything, but all of this is some bull. Sotomayor does not do these videos for the benefit of black women. He does them for yt hits plain and simple.

Is he wrong tho?

He may make a point here and there, but that doesn't justify his defamatory statements for me.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? should be ashamed of yourselves. These dudes don't deserve this much attention.

All this ? is just commercials to sell more of his stuff and that's it. It's rant, rant, rant...buy my new DVD, rant, rant, rant, buy my new book, wash rinse repeat. In reality they aren't adding anything to the discussion but making money off the discussion. They just keeping it percolating because it makes them money.

Being offended and talking about him is just another form of spreading his ? because people will want to hear it for themselves and then the snowball rolls all over again.

Mentioning these dudes by name actually helps them get further out there and it gives them more to talk about as then they feel like they have to defend themselves an that they are martyrs being crucified for telling "the truth" and only adds to the credibility they have attained within their circle.

No different than Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, that one white ? ummm Anne Coulter and her Asian counterpart, they just say ? to get attention and then they find a way to hook the goose to lay the golden eggs. In fact if Limbaugh had said any of this ? the defenders of TJS wouldn't defend him so it's not about the message at all, it's about the messenger. He has automatically more credibility than Limbaugh because TJS is black, that's how it is.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy's right, but he's so mean.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

beautiful......absolutely beautiful
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? black ? . im marrying white
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Dr_Chemix

Lol

u claim Im the bird brain yet you're the one who can't articulate yourself without cursing or resorting to name calling...smh

but ok maybe I'm a bird brain...great than. Instead of engaging a bird brain like a bird brain don't make mention of my posts or @ me anymore....just ignore em....or is that too hard for you to do?

better yet continue on though, fishing for reactions instead of providing a counter argument....throwing little ? fits when someone gives u feelings...i must admit the ? is entertaining, especially during a long, dull work day

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these cats are entertainment. Whether the things they say resonate with you or not, that's all it is. If I don't get a laugh out of their video I move the ? on. If I think what they say is ? I move the ? on. I don't look towards clown ? for leadership or an education, just do your job and entertain me. No matter the content.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these cats are entertainment. Whether the things they say resonate with you or not, that's all it is. If I don't get a laugh out of their video I move the ? on. If I think what they say is ? I move the ? on. I don't look towards clown ? for leadership or an education, just do your job and entertain me. No matter the content.
    That's all folks
    /thread
  • desertrain10
    Options
    @stopitfive

we agree for the most part

Just seems like a hopeless situation

For some of us self accountability, good parenting is a given....

But for just as many people they don't know how to even be a good parent because they never had one ...

Than u take in account those of us who are mentally ill, addicted to drugs, the alcoholics, etc

Then consider the soceital forces that seek to reserve the status quo...smh

after working in a group home for children i realized we as a people could do so much more to help the needy...demonizing them def at the answer

Sigh...i dunno. I worked p
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    1. Soto does tell the truth. It's harsh and ugly but there's truth to it. A many of black women unfortunately fit the exact profile he's talking about and in return are the same ones that get so bent out of shape by what he's saying. If he where talkin bout black men, they'd be cosigning him to death. But I don't like the fact that he says "black women" a lot as if to generalize. Yeah he says he doesn't mean all black women, but that's only after he's said a bunch of "black women"s. I don't agree with that. Not every sista is like that and let's keep the focus on where it belongs, on these trifilin ass ? .

2. We cant get ? resolved cuz we refuse to address issues right before our eyes. It's always an excuse for an ain't ? ? . This has to stop. ? all the "shaming won't help" or "don't judge" ? , it's some hoes out here that need to run into a brick wall. We done beat up on ? do death, wtf else can we blame on black men that ain't been said already? Let's be real, who raised all these ain't ? men? With that in mind, the black men out here ? up deserve no cake walk either, but for every black man thats ? up, there's a black woman (or women) lettin him dig them out raw.

3. Welfare done made us lazy as ? . It's a fact, black folk ain't productive unless they're struggling. Ever since there's been less to come together and fight for, black folk done sat around and waited for them checks. And let's stop ignoring the fact that as high as the poverty rate is for us, black folk stay spending money on ? they don't need and can't afford. We see it every damn day, but then some of us wanna front like it's a minor problem. Stop

stop

there's hundreds of studies (google, lazy) that do not support the view that public assistance programs significantly reduces the incentive to work... mainly because there is no real incentive for a lazy person to not work and collect a check... so i really don't know where you get this idea that welfare has made us lazy, besides maybe talk radio and your own limited personal observations

generally people turn to the government because they cannot get jobs that pay a living wage, not because they are pathologically dependent on handouts or unusually reluctant to work

with the news of mconalds an walmart, two of america's largest employers, encouraging their workers to file for foodstamps and other forms of aid, i don't see how you continue to live in this bubble lol

rest of your post is one broad generalization after another

I tell you man, everytime this ? broad speaks, I can hear flies and ? falling out of her mouth.

2ns0xa8.jpg

lol

I thought she was being fairly reasonable this thread though.

When she's not regurgitating that patriarchal society/feminist doctrine type ? .....she actually makes sense.

@desertrain10

• deadeye
    Options
    This wack ass ? nosigned my post on some justice league platinum cape wearing saving lois lane type ? ...

Wrong.

I no signed your post because shorty had a point and all you could do was say some nut ass ? . I specifically recall in this very thread you speaking against that type of nonsense. How could I not give you a no sign?

This is what you said ...

Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 9,441
    December 3 edited December 3
    It never fails. When we have someone on this forum bring up a good valid point that is worth considering, you have monkeys jumping off the branches to confuse and to ultimately shatter the point by silly ass selfish viewpoints that have nothing to do with wisdom or common sense that basically highlights the original opinion's worth. It turns into who can throw the most shade at someone.

You on some hypocrite ? B.

Yea ? , I know you will be rereading her post trying to turn ? biscuits into golden nuggets. Naw ? , it won't work.

926.gif

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tariq elite >>>>>>

Although there is no competition between the two I would chose to listen to tariq cause he is more balanced and educational
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude comes off as butt hurt but black folk hate having our ? laundry aired. Under all his emotion and hate dude makes a lot of points.... Folk just get turned off by his apprach and ignore them
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Soto does tell the truth. It's harsh and ugly but there's truth to it. A many of black women unfortunately fit the exact profile he's talking about and in return are the same ones that get so bent out of shape by what he's saying. If he where talkin bout black men, they'd be cosigning him to death. But I don't like the fact that he says "black women" a lot as if to generalize. Yeah he says he doesn't mean all black women, but that's only after he's said a bunch of "black women"s. I don't agree with that. Not every sista is like that and let's keep the focus on where it belongs, on these trifilin ass ? .

2. We cant get ? resolved cuz we refuse to address issues right before our eyes. It's always an excuse for an ain't ? ? . This has to stop. ? all the "shaming won't help" or "don't judge" ? , it's some hoes out here that need to run into a brick wall. We done beat up on ? do death, wtf else can we blame on black men that ain't been said already? Let's be real, who raised all these ain't ? men? With that in mind, the black men out here ? up deserve no cake walk either, but for every black man thats ? up, there's a black woman (or women) lettin him dig them out raw.

3. Welfare done made us lazy as ? . It's a fact, black folk ain't productive unless they're struggling. Ever since there's been less to come together and fight for, black folk done sat around and waited for them checks. And let's stop ignoring the fact that as high as the poverty rate is for us, black folk stay spending money on ? they don't need and can't afford. We see it every damn day, but then some of us wanna front like it's a minor problem. Stop

Good post
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? put too much energy into this thread tho.
  • deadeye
    Options
    @Shaolin_Style

aka Lil Loca

What do you think of the views being expressed in this thread?
  • desertrain10
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

stop

there's hundreds of studies (google, lazy) that do not support the view that public assistance programs significantly reduces the incentive to work... mainly because there is no real incentive for a lazy person to not work and collect a check... so i really don't know where you get this idea that welfare has made us lazy, besides maybe talk radio and your own limited personal observations

generally people turn to the government because they cannot get jobs that pay a living wage, not because they are pathologically dependent on handouts or unusually reluctant to work

with the news of mconalds an walmart, two of america's largest employers, encouraging their workers to file for foodstamps and other forms of aid, i don't see how you continue to live in this bubble lol

I tell you man, everytime this ? broad speaks, I can hear flies and ? falling out of her mouth.

2ns0xa8.jpg

lol

When she's not regurgitating that patriarchal society/feminist doctrine type ? .....she actually makes sense.

@desertrain10

PM me a pic
  • deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

stop

2ns0xa8.jpg

lol

@desertrain10

PM me a pic

@desertrain10

Ladies first

scv1aw.jpg