U.N.S. The Education on Tommy Sotomayor.

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black men need to stop impregnating unfit women and not raising their kids.
    Let's talk about it.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

"Tommy" borrowed heavily from this tactic, by appealing to certain brothers (conscious AND subconscious) feelings of
    frustration,resentment,

and rejection dealing with black women.
    And yes some black chicks actually fed into this narrative also

:|
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demagogue

1. A leader who appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated citizens in order to gain power and promote political motives; obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.

2.An orator or leader who gains favor by pandering to or exciting the passions and prejudices of the audience

:-B
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Black men are so hurt.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    taeboo wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIp81ZrKsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-m62lNIvQ

Sargent waters was preoccupied with what the white man thought of us. I don't condone that.... we are beyond that stage. We need to work on ourselves for ourselves and get rid of the dumb ? that's dragging us down and drowning us.

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. Pick a video. Discuss his points. Get over his shock ? shtick ...
    For example:
    There r too many female headed households or nah?

There are a lof of female headed households within the blk community....we didnt need sotomayor to tell us that. Its discussed ad nauseum on the IC and other forums really....

What i take issue with and what makes me question tommy sotomayor is how he continues perpetuates this notion that this is mainly the fault of blk women who have either driven blk men out of their homes in favor of a welfare check or its because our bad attitudes have forced blk men to marry non blk women by the groves, which is laughable...

fact is we lost a lot of blk men to the prison industrial complex and racial biases within the justice system via the war on drugs and mandatory sentencing...unfortunately there are more blk people in prison than there were slaves...

Also over 80% of blk men marry blk women...

Not to mention just because a woman files for head of household doesn't mean a man is absent from the household or does it mean, if she has children, that the father of her children is a deadbeat...couldn't it just mean blk men are having trouble finding jobs that pay a living wage?

Again we didnt need tommy sotomayor to clue us is in there being a lot female headed households, and his position on the matter definitely isn't helpful or based in fact
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For example:
    There r too many female headed households or nah?

There are a lof of female headed households within the blk community....we didnt need sotomayor to tell us that. Its discussed ad nauseum on the IC and other forums really....

What i take issue with and what makes me question tommy sotomayor is how he continues perpetuates this notion that this is mainly the fault of blk women who have either driven blk men out of their homes in favor of a welfare check or its because our bad attitudes have forced blk men to marry non blk women by the groves, which is laughable...

fact is we lost a lot of blk men to the prison industrial complex and racial biases within the justice system via the war on drugs and mandatory sentencing...unfortunately there are more blk people in prison than there were slaves...

Not to mention just because a woman files for head of household doesn't mean a man is absent from the household or does it mean, if she has children, that the father of her children is a deadbeat...couldn't it just mean blk men are having trouble finding jobs that pay a living wage?

Again we didnt need tommy sotomayor to clue us is in there being a lot female headed households, and his position on the matter definitely isn't helpful or based in fact

you seem to down play the significance of everything and you are convinced that we as black people should not take accountability for our own state. this is why I don't engage in argument with you.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice injustices?
    And tommy makes it worse by making unfunny videos?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice injustices?

^^^^^^^

This is what it looks like when you lose an argument; you begin to pull every irrelevant point to prove your "illogical point of view"; which is nothing.

Kids, this is an example of why you should stay in school and take a debate class.
  • desertrain10
    Options

Huh? Lol...when did I say that?

Here's a better question... has the prison industrial complex done a hell of a job breaking apart the black family? Yes or no?

Dude make videos that perpetuating negative stereotypes, that offer little to no plausible solutions to the matter at hand...that sounds helpful to you?

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black men need to stop impregnating unfit women and not raising their kids.
    Let's talk about it.

Slept on post...

Tommy wouldnt even have a show for real if this was common practice....
  • Purr
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »

^^^^^^^

This is what it looks like when you lose an argument; you begin to pull every irrelevant point to prove your "illogical point of view"; which is nothing.

Kids, this is an example of why you should stay in school and take a debate class.

Personal attacks. Dodges questions. Eats herself to sleep.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesn't have a holistic view and only going after a quarter of the problem. Guys like this coddle men and doesn't give fair representation of the whole issues. Also, he is angry and doesn't see himself as a problem himself. We all contributed to the problems if you aren't correcting and seeing what you also done to the problem. He only goes after women but does he goes after men who wreck their family even if she is a good woman. The point I'm saying how can only black women change when we don't expect men to change?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Here's a better question... has the prison industrial complex done a hell of a job breaking apart the black family? Yes or no?

Dude make videos that perpetuating negative stereotypes, that offer little to no plausible solutions to the matter at hand...that sounds helpful to you?

Of course it has. That's one issue.
    Shall we ignore personal responsibility all together?
    Is it the prison industrial complex that makes two low lives create a life and not parent it?
    Shall we never discuss human agency?
  • Purr
    Options

^^^^^^^

I dont know if I should give you an ether or a goat. Please help me decided @stopitfive because you are so witty and a wiz with words.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

^^^^^^^

I dont know if I should give you an ether or a goat. Please help me decided @stopitfive because you are so witty and a wiz with words.

My point in this thread is that we would b wise to discuss problems and solutions. Worrying about this guys silly antics is beneath us, sister.
    If he has a point, why ignore it because he's a ? about it?
    He's black, he can be mad about the state of the community. Y shouldn't he b?
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the war on drugs has and continues to play a significant role for the incarceration of black males in this country. However to totally ignore the creation of the welfare state and it's contribution to the break of the black family is insane. Embracing liberal policies has been just as much if not more of a detriment as the war on drugs. And if you really want to delve deeper into this ,failed liberal policies and the embracing of feminism happened around the same time period.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    [quodon't"Ioniz3dSPIRITZ;6545732"]
    For example:
    There many female headed households or nah?

you seem to down play the significance of everything and you are convinced that we as black people should not take accountability for our own state. this is why I don't engage in argument with you. [/quote]

You don't engage with me simply because you can't...

I paint a picture with facts, you ramble on with anecdotal evidence...

And I never implied nor said that blk people shouldn't have to take accoutability for their actions...just tired of white people being held less accountable for theirs

what im especially tired of is people either trying to convince me that we live in this post racial society or trying to have me accept my place at the bottom totem pole

Yea I know life isnt fair, but I don't see how we can move forward as a community if we comtinue to bash each other without properly address the root of our problems which is white supremacy ...so yea bruh no matter how well you speak or dress they still gonna treat you like a ? ...wake up

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    the stuff tommy says is true a good amount of the time. it doesnt apply to all black women but whenever i watched him i never thought he was talking about all of them

throw a rock into a pack of dogs ................

what happened anyway?? they took his youtube down again??
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »
    Black men are so hurt.

dont get too comfortable. were already letting you ride.

make your ? threads and make it a point not to cross that thin line
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    mafuckas dipped out when it came time to discuss issues.
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »
    Black men are so hurt.

dont get too comfortable. were already letting you ride.

make your ? threads and make it a point not to cross that thin line

Damn am I the only one here that can't say some ? without being threatened yo?

A bit sensitive much are we?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    look at this nignog playing the victim...
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIp81ZrKsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-m62lNIvQ

Sargent waters was preoccupied with what the white man thought of us. I don't condone that.... we are beyond that stage. We need to work on ourselves for ourselves and get rid of the dumb ? that's dragging us down and drowning us.

Despite the bolded, everything he said was true in terms of what we need to do to advance further.

He was actually emphasizing the underlined.