U.N.S. The Education on Tommy Sotomayor.

Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So do you guys feel frustrated,maybe a little resentment toward black women because of how some of them carry on?
    /:)
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I hate about this is.... if he wasn't talkin all reckless and ? , we wouldn't even be listening. People are drawn to the negative like flies to ? . Why is it that we even know Tommy's name? If he was talking about positive...powerful ? he probably wouldn't even be known. That...is a ? damn shame.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I didn't have a career or dignity

I'd post a series of youtube videos ? on black men. Call them good for nothing, irresponsible, hypersexual, deadbeat, no job having, second childhood living ass ? . I wonder what type of audience I'd attract?

Chances are, black women would probably come for my neck defending black men. Telling me "it must be the type of black men I attract because there's so many good ones out there, blah blah blah".
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    So do you guys feel frustrated,maybe a little resentment toward black women because of how some of them carry on?

lmao at "some"
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to the black women in this thread reppin for black men.

I say alot of mysogynist ? on this forum but I know when to turn it off and on.

Tommy Sotomayor is just a bitter, opportunistic, hate monger that uses half truths to pass off his angry agenda onto any fool jaded enough to identify with him.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can agree that he's a shock ? . We should b discussing the ideas he speaks about and not his personal life.
  • a.mann
    Options

lmao at "some"

If you truly believe it's most or all of black women

than you would be "Exhibit A"
    as to why Sotomaor and demagogues like him
    are more detrimental to the black community
    than the "hoodrats,ratchets and savages"
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

Your anger may inspire you to take action, changing the mind set of some or many.

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

I don't need to feel angry to want to take action within my community. How is a person going to want to do better when they are constantly being judged negatively by someone who is supposedly trying to help them?

You asked if your anger could change someones actions.

There has never once been any kind of real change brought about by non angry people. Content, comfortable, happy people do not need to make change.

You want the hood to become a better place for the shorties? You have to get angry, where you direct that anger and how you channel that anger into positive action is what makes a difference.

• a.mann
    edited December 2013
    Options
    We can agree that he's a shock ? . We should b discussing the ideas he speaks about and not his personal life.

lol

yeah, ya'll fellas sit around and discuss his "ideals"

I hear Ted Cruz has "ideals" also
    should we be discussing those as well?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So wait, what's this about Rush Limbaugh giving this guy a job?

No shade, but in all of my dealings with other races, I have never heard a nonblack man ? on women of their own race as passionately and enthusiastically as black men do. NEVER.

I've seen some posters on here call a nonblack woman a woman/lady and in the very same post refer to a black woman as a black ? . For shame.

After spending college on a campus that was 84% white trust me they do and in ways you'd never even think a woman can be disrespected. I think alot of people don't always take into account that when the majority of men think of a "woman" in general we tend to think of a woman of our own race first. So when black men think "women" and our experiences with them our first thought goes to black women....so complaints about "women" overall get placed on only black women because that's what the majority of us interact with on a daily basis the most. They form our opinion of what a woman is. It's not an excuse for how hard some of these ? go on women, especially those who do it to the point they look suspect themselves, nor is it right but there it's not something that comes from nothing like some think.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao at "some"

lmao. More of a detriment than some thug shooting up his neighborhood? More of a detriment than some ratchet women having baby after baby with no father in sight? More of a detriment than those negros who choose t patronize foreign owned stores and pulpit preachers (both of which continue to exploit our people)? More of a detriment than a ? who makes all these kids but doesn't take care of any of them?

ugh......you might want to rethink this....
  • blackrain
    Options
    Stop focusing on the delivery all the time. Look beyond the emotions.

If the delivery can affect how the message is received by the public why shouldn't it be a focal point?
  • a.mann
    edited December 2013
    Options

lmao at "some"

lmao. More of a detriment than some thug shooting up his neighborhood? More of a detriment than some ratchet women having baby after baby with no father in sight? More of a detriment than those negros who choose t patronize foreign owned stores and pulpit preachers (both of which continue to exploit our people)? More of a detriment than a ? who makes all these kids but doesn't take care of any of them?

ugh......you might want to rethink this....

yes

it all starts with the mind.

you install in the "ideal" that someone isn't worth ?
    (nothing but no good ? ,hoes ratchets,thugs and savage)

they will sooner or later perpetrate that "ideal".
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

If the delivery can affect how the message is received by the public why shouldn't it be a focal point?

So discussing his personality is more productive than discussing his points?
    Y'all gonna have to explain this to me.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I wish I didn't have a career or dignity

I'd post a series of youtube videos ? on black men. Call them good for nothing, irresponsible, hypersexual, deadbeat, no job having, second childhood living ass ? . I wonder what type of audience I'd attract?

Chances are, black women would probably come for my neck defending black men. Telling me "it must be the type of black men I attract because there's so many good ones out there, blah blah blah".

You're half right. There is a portion of black women that feel that way about black men and they'd be your target audience.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    "Tommy" had a pretty good run for awhile,
    But over the last several months, I've seen there have been more & more push back from the community against this type of demagoguery and many are actively rallying to put this rabid dog down

That's what happens when people go to extremes to prove their point.

When they try too hard, they actually end up exposing their true motives as well as the fallacies in their positions.

He's definitely been overplaying his hand.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop focusing is on the delivery all the tiThis comes from internalized racism - the anti-black racism that blacks pick up from the white mainstream culture. It is supported, like all stereotyped thinking, by confirmation bias, by cherry-picking. That is how Robin Givens becomes What Black Women Are Like.

See also:

e. Look beyond the emotions.

It should be a focal point

and the validity of the message should be questioned considering who is delivering said message...especially when that message could possibly be used to further the agenda of White supremacy

I honestly feel that any black person who regularly listens to and defends tommy sotomayor is either mad ignorant or struggles with internalized racism ...the anti-black racism that blacks pick up from the white mainstream culture... supported, like all stereotyped thinking, by confirmation bias, by cherry picking....this is how ancedotal evidence becomes gospel...this is how since the days of slavery blks have been demonized to be seen as nothing but violent, dumb, oversexed savages...the message has never changed, only the messenger

• deadeye
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

Had I not skimmed thru threads about him on here, I'd have no idea who he was

Me either.

• blackrain
    Options

When your job involves public speaking yes your personality and how you can deliver a message matters a lot
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Lol. Pick a video. Discuss his points. Get over his shock ? shtick ...
    For example:
    There r too many female headed households or nah?
  • deadeye
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So wait, what's this about Rush Limbaugh giving this guy a job?

No shade, but in all of my dealings with other races, I have never heard a nonblack man ? on women of their own race as passionately and enthusiastically as black men do. NEVER.

I've seen some posters on here call a nonblack woman a woman/lady and in the very same post refer to a black woman as a black ? . For shame.

Lol... U do know that white men in the United States created and reinforce the very patriarchy that controls women's earning potential and reproductive rights or nah?
    Lol...
    Talk is cheap.

So are we justifying hurt ? ? on black women in media with the 'well, whites do it too' logic or nah?

The media actually promotes black women doing that to black men.

I've never seen any Nightline Townhall specials that gave black men a forum to ? on black women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWTXhHABj_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40EeX7kpuw
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

His hateful rants not only perpetuate negative stereotypes but are often times misogynistic and homophobic...and then he only has been able to support his claims with anecdotal evidence.... so what is there to seriously discuss besides his motives, the mindset of his listeners?

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol people love to call the "truth" "hatespeech", just like how women get up in arms when a fit chick makes them feel bad about their bodies. Women would rather change the world around then than change themselves. Straight black men have no voice in the media right now, and the only voice that black women havein the media is reserved strictly for ? on black men
  • deadeye
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIp81ZrKsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-m62lNIvQ