Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chad Ford tripping having Exum go 5.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Chad Ford tripping having Exum go 5.

Why do you say that?
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Sanders is as good as gone.. plus they have no low post scoring. Mil said Embid passed his physical with flying colors and he had a great work out with them about a week ago. I think Jabair is a the top of thier draft board with Embid next.. then Exum and Wiggins as a toss up.

I think the Bucks want him gone but will have a hard time trading him. Dude is owed like 11million for the next 4 years. I do think that they are going Jabari too. I just don't see them drafing Embiid without a deal in place for Sanders. Cav's are going to milk that top pick as they should.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thagame wrote: »
    Larry Sanders is as good as gone.. plus they have no low post scoring. Mil said Embid passed his physical with flying colors and he had a great work out with them about a week ago. I think Jabair is a the top of thier draft board with Embid next.. then Exum and Wiggins as a toss up.

I think the Bucks want him gone but will have a hard time trading him. Dude is owed like 11million for the next 4 years. I do think that they are going Jabari too. I just don't see them drafing Embiid without a deal in place for Sanders. Cav's are going to milk that top pick as they should.

If I had to guess.

1.Cavs Embid
    2.Bucks Parker
    3.Sixers Wiggjns
    4.Magic Exum
    5.Jazz Vonleh
    6.Celtics Smart
    7.Lakers Randle
    8. Kings Gordon
    9.Hornets McDermott
    10.Sixers Harris
    11.Nugs Lavine
    12.Magic Saric
    13.Wolves Lavine
    14.Suns J.Young
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question for all the posters in here.

What player you Don't want your team to draft?

I don't want saric, he's not athletic and looks soft (nh).
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kings i dont want
    Julius randle(dont like 6'8 pfs)
    Vonleh(heard hes out of shape so its 50/50)
    Rodney hood ( ? no)
    dario(he might be soft nh)
    Mcdermott(idk how his game will translate/position)

I want marcus smart..aaron gordon(athletic freak nh)..zach lavine(gamble)

Im also hearing they mighy tradr ben n 8th pic to milw for larry sanders and brandon knight..aint feeling that either
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sixers

10th pick: I don't want Saric because I am not sure when he will come over. I don't know if the Sixers want to be stashing players for development in Europe with this high of a pick.

I don't want McDermott at 10, I think his shooting translates but he will have to play the SF and not do the best there on defense. So I say a better Kyle Korver or better Wally Szerbiak. I wouldn't be mad If we got him later though by trading down getting two picks. I see him as a good rotational player hired shooter though.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs I don't want embiid his physical health concerns me I know hechas achigh ceiling but I don't wanna get stuck with a oden
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I want one if the "big 3" to fall to us at 4. Preferably Jabari but that's a long shot. I'll take Exum or Smart with the 4th pick and I can see us trading up using Afflalo + 12th pick to grab either Randle/Vonleh/Gordon/McDermott. Don't want Saric but If we stay at 12 I can see him being the pick.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I had to guess.

1.Cavs Embid
    2.Bucks Parker
    3.Sixers Wiggjns
    4.Magic Exum
    5.Jazz Vonleh
    6.Celtics Smart
    7.Lakers Randle
    8. Kings Gordon
    9.Hornets McDermott
    10.Sixers Harris
    11.Nugs Lavine
    12.Magic Saric
    13.Wolves Lavine
    14.Suns J.Young

I agree with most of these picks especially the top 5 but isn't Gordon damn near a lock to go to Boston?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

If I had to guess.

1.Cavs Embid
    2.Bucks Parker
    3.Sixers Wiggjns
    4.Magic Exum
    5.Jazz Vonleh
    6.Celtics Smart
    7.Lakers Randle
    8. Kings Gordon
    9.Hornets McDermott
    10.Sixers Harris
    11.Nugs Lavine
    12.Magic Saric
    13.Wolves Lavine
    14.Suns J.Young

I agree with most of these picks especially the top 5 but isn't Gordon damn near a lock to go to Boston?

That's what all of the reports have been... which makes me think it's ? . I'm guessing they want someone to trade up with them. Where does he even fit on that roster? They have a ? load of forwards and with Rondo possibly leaving and Bradley a FA I think they go with a Guard. There really ain't too many legit Centers in this draft outside of Embid and a few international prospects. I can see them taking Vonleh if he falls.. he has the size to play some 5 but he's more of a natural 4.

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm telling people that will listen Cleveland is picking Greg Oden over Durant again in Jabari.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I'm telling people that will listen Cleveland is picking Greg Oden over Durant again in Jabari.

Maybe... But I seriously doubt Embid is as injury prone as Oden.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sixers

10th pick: I don't want Saric because I am not sure when he will come over. I don't know if the Sixers want to be stashing players for development in Europe with this high of a pick.

this
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iont want Aaron Gordon hes all athleticism nd no skill, he cant score in da post nor finish in traffic outside of dunks he has bust written all ova him iont wanna draft dude
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone school me on this elfrid Payton kid. I heard the kings are looking at him tough
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Someone school me on this elfrid Payton kid. I heard the kings are looking at him tough

He's a taller Rondo. Jumper is broke but he can still be disruptive in different ways. Gets to rim rim extremely well.. tight handle.. Athletic.. Great PG instincts. He's one of the better wing defenders in the draft.. can guard both the 1 and the 2 if he gets a little stronger. Taking him 8th would be a reach tho. That would mean you passed on either Randle/Vonleh/Gordon/Smart.. he's not in their class. More of a 3rd tier prospect because he can't shoot and he's coming from a small school. His draft range is probably 12-22.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Lakers had Julius Randle in today. (1st workout with LA)

Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton having a h2h in LA this week. Both players 2nd LA workout.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elfrid Payton's role in the NBA will be probably be similar Norris Cole(he has the potential to be better but his jumpshot needs to improve dramatically). He and Marcus Smart played on the USA U-19 team last summer and won gold. Both we're disruptive defenders(the duo were 1st and 2nd in steals) and allowed Billy Donovan to effectively play full-court press the whole tournament.
  • Max.
    Options

Smart >>
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Elfrid Payton's role in the NBA will be probably be similar Norris Cole(he has the potential to be better but his jumpshot needs to improve dramatically). He and Marcus Smart played on the USA U-19 team last summer and won gold. Both we're disruptive defenders(the duo were 1st and 2nd in steals) and allowed Billy Donovan to effectively play full-court press the whole tournament.

They both went at Exum. He hurt his ankle 2nd quarter so he played most of the game hurt and checked out early but here's how they matched up. Could someone post the link?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TncQcm7gmxk
  • Max.
    Options
    A scout pointed out nothing about exum on tape made u say "wow"