Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

I don't care if that ? fractured his skull. If Embid falls to us at 4 we have to take that gamble. We are in a better position to gamble then the Cavs and Bucks.
    Well draft express agrees with you.
    Updated mock
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft-extended.php
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think there's a good chance we can walk away from this draft with Smart/Lavine/Payton and a Embid. That would be the only way I get over missing out on Jabari and Wiggins.
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid messed around and ? on the Sixers draft. Sixers are in the worse spot right about now. I have no clue what they do now. I hope they are able to move up to like 7
  • TheBossman
    Options
    thagame wrote: »
    Embiid messed around and ? on the Sixers draft. Sixers are in the worse spot right about now. I have no clue what they do now. I hope they are able to move up to like 7
    Yup, and they still might draft him anyway.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The basketball gods frown upon blatant tanking
  • thagame
    Options
    Yup, and they still might draft him anyway.

I just heard that the Cav's are bringing in Exum to workout after the Embiid foot fracture. So maybe a chance they are looking to trade down. As long as it is us they are trading with and we don't give up the 10th I am ok with that. I don't see how Embiid falls past 6.
  • thagame
    Options
    I wonder if the Cavs would be interested in trading back for Exum. I would give up both the 4th and 12th pick for the 1st. Hell I would even throw in Moe Harkless if they gave us Verejao or Tristan.

I think the Cav's are interested in trading down it is either the Magic or Sixers
  • thagame
    Options

The basketball gods frown upon blatant tanking

Lol yo ? that this is how you win when you have no shot at getting a max player. You have to build through the draft but the front end
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I wonder if the Cavs would be interested in trading back for Exum. I would give up both the 4th and 12th pick for the 1st. Hell I would even throw in Moe Harkless if they gave us Verejao or Tristan.

I think the Cav's are interested in trading down it is either the Magic or Sixers

Yea Chad Ford was in ESPN today talking about Utah Orlando and Philly all making plays for the Cavs pick. Apparently the Jazz are offering Favors + 5th pick Sixers offering 3 + Thad but are reluctant to throw in the 10th pick and Orlando offered 4 + 12. No bias I think we have the best offer unless the Sixers come up off that second pick. I think I heard him say the Bucks pick could be in play if Jabari goes 1st.. I'm guessing they would trade down and take Exum or Embid.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Steve Kyler ✔ @stevekylerNBA
    Follow
    Hearing Lakers and 76ers have been talking about dealing involving the #7 heading to Philly. Unclear what comes back to LA
    3:12 PM - 20 Jun 2014

• TheBossman
    Options
  • thagame
    Options

Yea Chad Ford was in ESPN today talking about Utah Orlando and Philly all making plays for the Cavs pick. Apparently the Jazz are offering Favors + 5th pick Sixers offering 3 + Thad but are reluctant to throw in the 10th pick and Orlando offered 4 + 12. No bias I think we have the best offer unless the Sixers come up off that second pick. I think I heard him say the Bucks pick could be in play if Jabari goes 1st.. I'm guessing they would trade down and take Exum or Embid.

The Magic offering up the 4th and 12th damn yall wild but I guess that is why you acquire the assets. I hope that they don't want that. I guess yall want Wiggins too. I am hoping Utah makes that deal for Parker maybe Sixers get a pick switch with the Bucks
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn, They really want Jabari Parker.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zach lavine vertical is almost 46 inches

Crazy
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve Kyler ✔ @stevekylerNBA
    Follow
    Hearing Lakers and 76ers have been talking about dealing involving the #7 heading to Philly. Unclear what comes back to LA
    3:12 PM - 20 Jun 2014

Lakers want carter William and one other player I forgot
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve Nash And The Seventh Pick For Sixers' Michael Carter-Williams And Thaddeus Young?

• TheBossman
    Options
    I have no clue why they wanna trade mcw so badly. .....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Steve Nash And The Seventh Pick For Sixers' Michael Carter-Williams And Thaddeus Young?

Y'all not getting both. Maybe Thad and the 10th pick or MCW and a 2nd round pick.

• TheBossman
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

Y'all not getting both. Maybe Thad and the 10th pick or MCW and a 2nd round pick.

most likely mcw, i cant see the lakers giving us the 7th pick for just thad and a second rounder.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7 and Nash for MCW and 10. Nash can be a d fish type of player in a role where he is not asked to be a lead guard. Can mentor exum. Works for sixers. They can grab exum and Embid. Lakers can end up with MCW and a shooter.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    7 and Nash for MCW and 10. Nash can be a d fish type of player in a role where he is not asked to be a lead guard. Can mentor exum. Works for sixers. They can grab exum and Embid. Lakers can end up with MCW and a shooter.

not happening... That trade is extremely one sided

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm interested to see how much MCW improves in his 2nd year. Last year he was on a bad team, playing at a fast pace, shooting low percentages. I really don't know if he's as good as people make him out to be. But if steals are an indicator as the stat heads tell me then maybe he is?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jalen Rose says Cavs should still take Embiid 1.

Not me, if I'm Cavs I'm taking Wiggins and im working him into the ground (demanding extra shooting and video sessions) while he's on the rookie contract.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Jalen Rose says Cavs should still take Embiid 1.

Not me, if I'm Cavs I'm taking Wiggins and im working him into the ground (demanding extra shooting and video sessions) while he's on the rookie contract.

He also had the Jazz taking Gary Harris 5th and completely forgot to include Gordon lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Here's my Final Mock lottery/Player comp

1. Cleveland Cavs - Andrew Wiggins (Paul George)

2. Milwaukee Bucks - Jabari Parker (Paul Pierce/Carmelo Anthony)

3. Philadelphia 76ers - Dante Exum(*RM Tony Parker)

4. Orlando Magic - Joel Embid - (Hakeem Olajuwon/Andrew Bynum)

5. Utah Jazz - Marcus Smart - (Lance Stevenson)

6. Boston Celtics - Noah Vonleh - (Chris Bosh)

7. Los Angeles Lakers - Julius Randle - (David Lee)

8. Sacramento Kings - Aaron Gordon - (Shawn Marion)

9. Charlotte Hornets - Nick Stauskas - (Kevin Martin)

10. Philadelphia 76ers - Doug McDermott - (Wally Szcerbiak)

11. Denver Nuggets - Gary Harris - (Eric Gordon)

12. Orlando Magic - Elfrid Payton - (Steve Francis)

13. Minnesota Timberwolves - Zach Lavine - (JR Smith)

14. Phoenix Suns - James Young - (Michael Redd)