Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    gem$tone wrote: »
    Now that Dorne is in the mix and showing disdain for the lannisters, I wish Robb would've reached out to them while Tywin was on his sit back being patient ? .

Slight geographical issue. Especially when you're house Stark not used to spying, subterfuge and a lot of travel...

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that Dorne is in the mix and showing disdain for the lannisters, I wish Robb would've reached out to them while Tywin was on his sit back being patient ? .

Slight geographical issue. Especially when you're house Stark not used to spying, subterfuge and a lot of travel...

Understood, but as young lordlings, they are supposed to be knowledgeable about all the other kingdoms, their sigils, sayings and history or whatever. They could've sent ravens.

• gem$tone
    Options
    And I mean strictly when he decided to invade casterly rock. He only needed more men. I'm sure dorne would have happily provided some help. Unless dorne blames starks and baratheons for the death of the targaryen queen as well as the lannisters.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? live in places that don't exist, and it comes with a map-Ice T

Sandor-Clegane-sandor-clegane-31000574-500-250.gif
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    And I mean strictly when he decided to invade casterly rock. He only needed more men. I'm sure dorne would have happily provided some help. Unless dorne blames starks and baratheons for the death of the targaryen queen as well as the lannisters.

I don't want to say too much (book ? again and being overcautious) but yeah, it's down to more than just geography. I don't think ravens woulda cut it.

• theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Understood, but as young lordlings, they are supposed to be knowledgeable about all the other kingdoms, their sigils, sayings and history or whatever. They could've sent ravens.

The Starks were involved in the saking of King's Landing. (discussed in season 1) How would the Martell's feel about helping those that helped King Robert and Tywin?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Starks were involved in the saking of King's Landing. (discussed in season 1) How would the Martell's feel about helping those that helped King Robert and Tywin?

No they weren't. The Lannisters sacked King's Landing before Ned got there. Ned was disgusted by what they did at King's Landing. That's part of the reason he didn't care for the Lannisters.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tywin took King's Landing when they were already weak from all the work Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were putting in. Tywin wasn't any part of the rebellion until there was a clear winning side to land one. Dude is a damn chicken hawk.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tywin would have likely joined the rebellion anyway
    He was hand for the mad king until he got replaced
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img][/img]2zodulw.jpg

My situation right now.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arya, bran, and john are the last real ? left on the show.

? a ? sex having ass cub!

? a ? ass dragonfly!

? a L taken ass reindeer!

? a squid!

? a upside down ? !

The north will never forget!!!!

• theBlackbeard
    Options

No they weren't. The Lannisters sacked King's Landing before Ned got there. Ned was disgusted by what they did at King's Landing. That's part of the reason he didn't care for the Lannisters.

But he was involved non the less. Plus the fact that it was Ned's sister that Rhager left Obryn's sister for. My whole point being that there is bad blood there also. Maybe not as potent as the beef with Tywin and The Mountain but maybe strong enough for an alliance to be harder to work.

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.O.A.T exchange

"How did you get this power of knowing if someones lying or not?"

"I grew up in kings landing"
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    ? another show ..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

But he was involved non the less. Plus the fact that it was Ned's sister that Rhager left Obryn's sister for. My whole point being that there is bad blood there also. Maybe not as potent as the beef with Tywin and The Mountain but maybe strong enough for an alliance to be harder to work.

You're reaching there. The Martells place all blame for the butchering on the Lannisters. And they certainly wouldn't beef with Starks over what happened with Ned's sister considering Rhaegar kidnapped her.

• theBlackbeard
    Options

You're reaching there. The Martells place all blame for the butchering on the Lannisters. And they certainly wouldn't beef with Starks over what happened with Ned's sister considering Rhaegar kidnapped her.

I'm just noting the history between the two houses. If Robb would enter an alliance with them he would have to consider that also.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm just noting the history between the two houses. If Robb would enter an alliance with them he would have to consider that also. [/quote]

Nah I get where you're going with this. I'm just saying that I don't believe the Martells bear the Starks any ill will. I think if it had come up, Dorne would happy sided with the Starks if it meant destroying the Lannisters.
  • gem$tone
    Options

I don't want to say too much (book ? again and being overcautious) but yeah, it's down to more than just geography. I don't think ravens woulda cut it.

Put it in a spoiler tag. Or two, just to give extra warning.

• RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Crimson11 wrote: »
    Arya: He killed my friend Lumi

The Hound:What the ? 's a Lumi?!

*DEAD*

Bruh that scene was hilarious! The hound is really starting to be one of my favorite characters on the show.

• RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know the storyline I also find interesting is cersi and jaime's. These two ? making motherfuckas are a trip. That fool jamie was trying to get some in the last episode and cersi hit him with the no real quick lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ? a side, Cersei is a ? even with regards to the people she's supposedly in love with. The man was sitting in captivity and she's giving him grief because he wasn't there with her. On top of that, she actually had the nerve to take shots at him because of his lost hand. What kinda ? is that?
  • theBlackbeard
    Options
    That's why Joffery is a cruel psychotic ? . He learned from his mother. Good thing she put all her eggs in one basket and didn't spend as much time with her other two kids.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think last episode made Jaime look less "evil" and more of a sucker for his family. His worst sins were done for his dad (killing the king) and his girl/sister. He even said it himself: "the things I do for love". In my book, he's more on the cool side with Tyrion than the ? side like Tywin, Cersei and Joffre.

Btw, Joffre is a lot like Wee Bey's son from the wire. All he needs is one good asskicking and he'll be alright.
This discussion has been closed.