Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamie need to check her ass. How you do ya man like that? Lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I think last episode made Jaime look less "evil" and more of a sucker for his family. His worst sins were done for his dad (killing the king) and his girl/sister. He even said it himself: "the things I do for love". In my book, he's more on the cool side with Tyrion than the ? side like Tywin, Cersei and Joffre.

Btw, Joffre is a lot like Wee Bey's son from the wire. All he needs is one good asskicking and he'll be alright.

To some extent this is true, and if it was just a matter of him killing the Mad King you'd probably be all the way right, but the dude tried to ? a kid because he got caught ? his sister. And he gave absolutely no ? about doing it. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Cersei or Joffrey, but he's not like Tyrion either given that Tyrion really hasn't done anyone wrong that didn't deserve it.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think last episode made Jaime look less "evil" and more of a sucker for his family. His worst sins were done for his dad (killing the king) and his girl/sister. He even said it himself: "the things I do for love". In my book, he's more on the cool side with Tyrion than the ? side like Tywin, Cersei and Joffre.

Btw, Joffre is a lot like Wee Bey's son from the wire. All he needs is one good asskicking and he'll be alright.

I think last season he was redeemed some what. His whole interaction with Brienne speaking up for her when Bolton's men was about to gang ? her cost him his hand, and then he broke down and told her why he did what he did (killing the mad king). He even went back to save her.

Jamie is a simple dude. He loves his sister (romantically) I mean I don't even think he's been with another women. And he likes being a King's Guard. He has no ambitions outside of that and that's so unLanister of him.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To some extent this is true, and if it was just a matter of him killing the Mad King you'd probably be all the way right, but the dude tried to ? a kid because he got caught ? his sister. And he gave absolutely no ? about doing it. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Cersei or Joffrey, but he's not like Tyrion either given that Tyrion really hasn't done anyone wrong that didn't deserve it.

Yeah, I can't defend killing kids WHILE ? your sister. I give him a little of a break because he does his dirt for family. And let's be honest, Jamie is not a genius. He just reacts.

@theBlackbeard you're right about Jaime. He's only been with Cersei. She's the reason he wanted to stay in the kings guard. At least that's what he told her last episode.
  • RNS
    Options
    This is true. Even tywin grumpy old ass had a sweet spot for aria in the last season. I think that's what makes the show so dope. So many different sides and depth to these characters.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most of the characters have two sides in martins world. Very few are ALL bad or ALL good.

He's Goat at making u see bunches of characters one way then changing the perspective.

It's hard not to fall for it as a onlooker
    Yea that's how it is in the books. Like how Davos view Stannis in his pov. Make that ? seem like gawd amongst men.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.N.S. wrote: »

So you saying a woman is wrong if she don't let her brother beat?

interesting........
  • RNS
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    R.N.S. wrote: »

So you saying a woman is wrong if she don't let her brother beat?

interesting........

Lmao well it is if she let him beat before... ? it...this is all messed up.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? Naymond nh. He was a gump.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If Joffrey were raised by someone like Ned or maybe Hoster Tully he might have turned out alright. As it stands nothing really helped by having him around Cersei who doesn't want to believe he's a ? up kid and Robert who has all those other ? that he sometimes wants to care about more than his own fake kids
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If Joffrey were raised by someone like Ned or maybe Hoster Tully he might have turned out alright. As it stands nothing really helped by having him around Cersei who doesn't want to believe he's a ? up kid and Robert who has all those other ? that he sometimes wants to care about more than his own fake kids

Nah..I get the feeling joff is a product of bad parenting AND bad genetics.

The targeryns were ? and it caused similarly tyranny for some. I think joff falls into that category

Yeah, I agree. If it were just about how he was raised, he'd be more cunning and conniving. He's not though. He's just cruel. None of the other Lannisters are like that. Cersei is a ? but she doesn't just try to hurt and humiliate for the sake of it. Joffrey does.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Joffery is a ? ? baby, its genetic, he was worthless from the get go.

btw, I found this picture both grotesque and hilarious.
    29ly7ly.jpg
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ^^ charts like that & following along with the threads on here each season helped me out sooooo much when i first started watching. i watched the first couple episodes with my friend the other day & i kept having to explain background ? & who was who...couldn't even get mad either cuz it's so much ? going on even just with the first episode.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Those YouTube vids that tell tr back stories were most helpful.
  • RNS
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Joffery is a ? ? baby, its genetic, he was worthless from the get go.

btw, I found this picture both grotesque and hilarious.
    29ly7ly.jpg

That picture disturbed me...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Starks will rise again (i hope) , and the Dragon lady I hope takes over at the end or whatever. I dont read the bools or anything tho, so its easier for me to enjoy the show naturally without over critiquing it.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? is podrick payne?
  • RNS
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    the ? is podrick payne?

All the ? love him

Podrick turned those hoes out at the brothel. Homie didn't even have to pay lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    podrick is tyrions assistant...ok
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    podrick is tyrions assistant...ok

Yea that ? had Bronn and Tyrion asking questions on what he don did to them hoes

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's go. Ready to see they storylines they didn't touch on in the premier and it's still #teamLOL lord of light
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at teamLOL.

Yo, that Arther Dane dude had an ill ass nickname
    "The Sword of the Morning"

Iono, that ? stuck with me
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heads up for anyone who uses their sisters boyfriends baby daddies co workers little brothers neighbors HBOgo account to watch th show XXEhUf0.png
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A toast to the lanisters.

a ?
    a dwarf
    and the mother of madness
This discussion has been closed.