Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT FOR UPCOMING SEASON
    You know they gonna do the same thing with Oberyn this season as well. I mean I can understand renly and loras aren't POV characters so the only insight to their relationship you get is other pov characters hearing comments about renly not bedding women or loras being sad since renly died.
    The show is of course going to add a whole lot more to their storylines and since they are ? they get queened out all the way.
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    Oh ? sorry I thought since they said his name in the trailer it was cool, my bad I'll police my posts better
    Here's a new trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Y_qhzxn2c
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oooh sheeeit, Omega KILLS it on this track from the mixtape called "Arya's Prayer"

You can tell he a real fan. If they'd ever risk putting in a hip-hop track over the end credits like they did rock with the Hold Steady's "Bear and the Maiden Fair" after Jaime got his mitten removed, this'd be the one.

Only two weeks and a day...watching an ep or two every night as a countdown is a trip...
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Officially 11 days until Season 4!! House Targaryen Stand The ? UP!!

Shout to @alligatorhalfman too. I done remembered all the lyrics to that Arya's Prayer LOL. Listened to the mixtape and its pretty cool.

Mods need to gone head and sticky this too....
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler ? or are dead.

What about my ? Hodor tho?

I'm Team Targaryen. She got squad and the only one that can defeat the White Walkers by the thousands with her dragons. Maybe the Lannisters with their wild fire? Looks like they used it all up to defeat Stannis. Who knows but ? the Lannisters except for Tyrion.

1.jpg
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cali_707 wrote: »
    All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler ? or are dead.

I'm Team Targaryen. She got squad and the only one that can defeat the White Walkers by the thousands with her dragons. Maybe the Lannisters with their wild fire? Looks like they used it all up to defeat Stannis. Who knows but ? the Lannisters except for Tyrion.

1.jpg

Pause.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.jpg

Haven't you read the books? Hodor is the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror. He's rolling with Bran in order to resurrect his dragons so he can take over Westeros again.
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    dany has 3 dragons and about 10k unsullied
    a random kingdom of westeros can field up to like 20k people. The White Walkers are a threat to all the 7 kingdoms so you can imagine how big their horde is.
    Dany would be a joke to them
    I like dany but then I keep remembering she's an ? baby like joffrey and she might have the same madness problem that her brother had.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    a random kingdom of westeros can field up to like 20k people. The White Walkers are a threat to all the 7 kingdoms so you can imagine how big their horde is.
    I like dany but then I keep remembering she's an ? baby like joffrey and she might have the same madness problem that her brother had.

You're kinda over looking the fact that Westeros isn't united and that there are still plenty of Targaryen sympathizers left. Dany doesn't expect to have to conquer the whole continent outright. She expects to make her presence known and have many of the banners come over to her side from the get go.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ? with Dany but she be on some power trip ? . The only thing she got to her advantage is the dragons (which is big) and at the end of the day...Westeros dont love the Lannisters like that lol
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.jpg

Haven't you read the books? Hodor is the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror. He's rolling with Bran in order to resurrect his dragons so he can take over Westeros again.

BRA...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »

1.jpg

BRA...

I'm kidding. That's some ? I just made up. lol
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »

1.jpg

BRA...

I'm kidding. That's some ? I just made up. lol

really cause thats not soo terribly far off from some theories
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time for a sticky or to early?

I'm ready for a re-up of this ? .
  • Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options
    HOUSE TARGARYEN STAND UP

All one of them.
  • Sir White
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Damn just watch the preview and saw April 9th wtf I pray i live that long

hope is a Stark move, you'll probably die.

• Sir White
    Options
    I think he's struggling with how to get to the ending he has planned. All I know is the starks will never come out good

I disagree...Starks catch hell. I expect them to stand tall always though.

Even low born ? know you can't stand tall while you are getting your head cut off.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    Please have some respect for the lost homies eddark and Robert Stark

*Pours out Orange Juice*
  • Sir White
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    ? House Bolton tho.......

For what wanting to rule the North instead of getting slaughtered by the Lannisters? Not their fault Robb lied to Walter Frey. Smart move switching sides. If LeBron stays in Cleveland he would have always been a loser.
  • Sir White
    Options

*Pours out Orange Juice*

Ned was dumb. Robb made his own bed.
  • Sir White
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    I'm smashing Yara Greyjoy with no ? given.
    Well, a few ? . We cant be seen in public or nothing.

And LOL at Jaime Lannister having redeeming qualities. He:

pushed an innocent kid out a window- paralyzing him
    been bustin in his sister for decades
    lost a fair one to a WNBA bish, yet has a rep for being untouchable with a blade

? know he aint ? . Think about it, everytime he tells why he killed the Mad King, no one gives him any points for that ? . It's like when you see a lame ? do something not lame.. you be thinking "? 's still lame as ? tho"

Saved half a million lives. His kids would have died if Bran went and told honest Ned what he saw. And he jumped in a bear pit. Other than Ron Burgundy who is doing that?
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    Sir White wrote: »

*Pours out Orange Juice*

They made the wrong choices all true, but at the end of the day they had noble intentions.
  • Sir White
    Options
    Thinking about buying the books...dont have any immediate plans to read em but just in case i decide to sometime down the line and the box set is cheap right now on amazon.

for the book readers: how is the dialogue/writing? One of the first things that got me into the show was how the characters interacted with each other. Is it as good in the books or does the show do it better?

Dialogue and writing is pretty easy follow. The chapters are POV so you get what the character is thinking a lot. Since you have seen 3 seasons of the show keeping up with the characters won't be too hard.
  • Sir White
    Options
    Sir White wrote: »

*Pours out Orange Juice*

They made the wrong choices all true, but at the end of the day they had noble intentions.

Littlefinger: So it will be Stannis and War?
    Ned: There is no other choice.

Knowingly causing the death of thousands isn't noble. Never telling your bastard who his mom is isn't noble. As for Robb marrying some strange after asking someone to take sides against Tywin isn't noble. Making your uncle fufill your broken promise isn't noble.
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    I swear the way some of you try and defend the ? up ? that gets done to the starks is hilarious. By having Ned killed Joffrey started a war with the North in addition to having to fight stannis so yeah in the end even more lives were damned.
    Robb slighted the walder frey and roose bolton took advantage of the starks falling. over 1000 northmen killed and for what? crossing a bridge and a broken promise......
This discussion has been closed.