Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaime and Tyrion are the best Lannisters. Cersei and Tywin are good in even doses(mostly Twyin)
    I've been rereading the books and have kinda sorta started to appreciate bran and sansa more. Besides Arya the rest of the starks after them just let you down
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    blu-ray set for Season 3 as usual is DAF. This is definitely my favorite part of the best of the special features, the history & lore segments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbwLNdnl1Y

You get stuff from these that's not even in the books and I think they're offish since Martin's a consultant on everything.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If the ending is bittersweet than you already know Dany is gonna win the throne and everyone else is dying

Considering that this show does the illest ? , I wouldn't be surprised if Joffrey's soiled ? made ass retained the Iron Throne. However, I think either Tryion, John Snow, or Dany's sexually will be the King or Queen of Westros. I'm personally rooting for Dany.

Jaime and Tyrion are the best Lannisters. Cersei and Tywin are good in even doses(mostly Twyin)

Even though they're the "villians of the series, I like how the Lannisters, (with the exception of Joffrey's ? ass,) have redeaming qualities. How Cersi will do anything for bastard kids that were the result of ? . How Tywin stopped the needless torture of the POWs at Harrenhal, and how Jamie's nasty ass saved Brienne and everybody at King's Landing by killing the Mad King. Then there's Tyrion, that's that ? . The Little Lord is definitely the GOAT.
    the Starks need a win...
    Besides Arya the rest of the starks after them just let you down
    All I know is the starks will never come out good

The Starks are in desperate need of a "w." Those mutafuckas are taking more "l's than the Cubs, Bobcats, and Browns combined. They're the most likable clan, but not for nothing, they stay doing dumb ? that's against their best interest and they always end up getting ? because of it. As much as I hate to say it, they're getting what they deserve, but Red Wedding was some ice cold ? . Though it's anachronistic, this ? needs to be them ? theme song and every time something ? up happens to them this song comes to mind,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ41QQnRVkE

Look down-hearted and confused
    Because lately you’ve been startin'to lose
    Losin'out on everything you might try to do
    Bad luck’s there, it’s got a hold on you

Don’t send you money, ‘bout to lose your home
    Done lost your woman and everything’s wrong
    Love always plainly states that chances go around
    But if you wanna know the truth about it and tell you what’s pullin'you down, yeah

Yo, the first verse of that song is the story of the Starks during the first three seasons of Game of Thrones.

bignorm wrote: »
    Theon Greyjoy's life lol

End in the you gotten by like ? that ? Theon Greyjoy, especially after his betrayal of the Starks, but after seeing that ? get his ? cut off, you can't help but to feel bad for potna. I hope him or Yara do that ? ? Ramsey Snow hella ? for that punk ? . I can see torturing a ? , but using ? to get a ? on hard, then cutting his manhood is doing entirely too much. Also this song comes to mind when Theon is being tortured.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxSfQeCoFUM

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I don't ? with theon at all and just because his torture is hard to watch don't mean it's too much or undeserved. He a ? ? to the 10th degree.

HOWEVER....I hope yara comes through and wrecks ? and bring theon's ? home.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm smashing Yara Greyjoy with no ? given.
    Well, a few ? . We cant be seen in public or nothing.

And LOL at Jaime Lannister having redeeming qualities. He:

pushed an innocent kid out a window- paralyzing him
    been bustin in his sister for decades
    lost a fair one to a WNBA bish, yet has a rep for being untouchable with a blade

? know he aint ? . Think about it, everytime he tells why he killed the Mad King, no one gives him any points for that ? . It's like when you see a lame ? do something not lame.. you be thinking "? 's still lame as ? tho"
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    No lie but Jaime's ? is par for the course in this world society before. Robert rebelled all the targaryans kept their blood pure through ? . Jaime is foul for crippling bran but karma has already hit him hard
    Jaime has a well deserved Rep his fight with brienne was when he was half starved and delirious. I guess the show made it seem like she was better for reasons

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    No lie but Jaime's ? is par for the course in this world society before. Robert rebelled all the targaryans kept their blood pure through ? . Jaime is foul for crippling bran but karma has already hit him hard
    Jaime has a well deserved Rep his fight with brienne was when he was half starved and delirious. I guess the show made it seem like she was better for reasons

No it didn't. People just didn't pick up on it, but it was stated clearly that Jaime was in a weakened state. That said, Jaime has been weakened in the show. In the show he was more or less on par with Ned, while the books imply he's on a higher tier.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    @Maximus Rex

In the book prior to Robb's death at the Red Wedding they had Ws, the show didn't really show just how big Robb's W's were. Tywin was losing his mind and his positions. Robb won every battle and had them sweating almost for mercy/peace. The turning point was when Tywin was truced up with the Tyrells and blocked Stannis and Catelyn releasing the Kingslayer SMMFH. If not for his mother Robb Stark would have won the war.
    I don't ? with theon at all and just because his torture is hard to watch don't mean it's too much or undeserved. He a ? ? to the 10th degree.

HOWEVER....I hope yara comes through and wrecks ? and bring theon's ? home.

I don't think they're gonna arrive in Season 4 cuz technically it's still "Book 3" but when they arrive towards the middle or end I think yall are gonna like the OTHER side of the Greyjoy family.

Borderline spoiler. If Mexico is the border, let's keep the discussion at the North Pole. You almost in Texas now.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bets Jamie smashes Brienne, (possibly gets sprung on her mannish quasi-dykin' ass,) then Her Grace, Cersei feeling some kinda way about it. We all know that Cersi does the fool when her people are concerned.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It's a little funny how different some of the actors are from the actual descriptions of the characters in the book. Brienne is a good example. The actress is an Amazon for sure, but she does look feminine especially when she dresses like a woman. However, the books make point of saying that other than her eyes, Brienne has no redeeming physical attributes.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    meh....posters are kinda bland.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear I wanna give Emila Clarke aka Dany my kids
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo we had this issue last season with that blood traitor who said "oh it was worse in the book. they cut the wolfs head off and put it on Robbs body. mad they didnt show it"

THEN IT WAS THE FIRST SCENE OF THE NEXT EPISODE.

lol its like GoT readers take on George Martins characteristics then have this deep seeded need to ruin it in a slick "oh my bad" way. i know some book readers who as soon as they find out you dk somethin it becomes their mission to find ways to talk about it or around it

Haha that was me my fault on that one. I just really wanted them 2 go by the book and when they didn't I vented should've been more patient learned my lesson won't happen again
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched Last Action Hero with the kids the other day, trying to hip them on movies I watched back in the day, and just realized Tywin is the bad guy from that movie. I'm probably late, but thought I'd mention it.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBO Will Screen The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Premiere Two Weeks Early On A ‘Stadium Sized’ Screen In Brooklyn
    By Danger Guerrero / 03.05.14

Not to be outdone by George R.R. Martin and his piddly-ass Game of Thrones screenings for 375 chosen souls who either live in or trekked to the American Southwest a week before the Season 4 premiere debuts on television, HBO announced this week that it will hold a screening TWO WEEKS EARLY for 7,000 PEOPLE on a BIG HONKING SCREEN in NEW YORK CITY for CHARITY. Thunder sufficiently stolen.

From the press release:

To celebrate the April 6 return of the global phenomenon Game of Thrones, HBO will host “The Epic Fan Experience” on March 20 at the Cushman & Wakefield Theater at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. This spectacular, one-night only event will treat fans to a first-of-its-kind advanced fan screening of the fourth season’s debut episode. The experience will also include show costumes and props displays from the acclaimed traveling exhibition, photo ops on the Iron Throne and other special surprises.

The centerpiece of the night will be the blockbuster screening of the hotly anticipated new episode on a stadium sized screen for 7,000 of the show’s biggest fans.

Tickets for the event go on sale to the public at Ticketmaster on Thursday, March 6 for $15 (includes applicable taxes and service charges) with all net proceeds donated to charities: Nothing But Nets and Books for Africa.

Just so we’re clear, the funniest thing in the world would be a Game of Thrones bookreader showing up at this thing with a bullhorn and shouting spoilers at everyone standing in line waiting to get in. It would be chaos. People would rip him limb from limb and parade his head around the arena on a spike. Worth it, I say

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/03/hbo-screening-game-thrones-premiere-two-weeks-early-stadium-sized-screen-brooklyn/
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Anybody checking out that Game of Thrones mixtape? Kinda crazy idea, but the Big Boi and Common songs are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmzepgfcTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvle8_vA5Jw
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamie hadn't eaten or left that ? cage in a year and damn near beat Brienne, who is easily one of the best fighters on the show...with his hands tied...the ? is that an L for KingSlayer...the only ? he did that was ? up, was push Bran from the window...THAT ? WAS FOUL!
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ Mike Vick being right handed in that Jets picture!
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ anyone thinking Brienne could ? with Jaime in a fair one if he wasn't half starved and delirious. I'll say it once i'll say it again if your name in GoT isn't

Barristan Selmy
    The Hound(Sandor Clegane)
    Bronn
    The Mountain(Gregor Clegane)
    The Red Viper
    Qhorin Halfhand
    Robert Baratheon
    Khal Drogo

Jaime Lannister would have given you that work with ease.
  • thefabmd2dc
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Jamie hadn't eaten or left that ? cage in a year and damn near beat Brienne, who is easily one of the best fighters on the show...with his hands tied...the ? is that an L for KingSlayer...the only ? he did that was ? up, was push Bran from the window...THAT ? WAS FOUL!
    lets lay it all out there
    -Pushed bran from the window
    -tried to ? Ned(who was hand at the time)
    -tried to ? arya when the whole business with joffrey getting bit by nymeria happened
    Lol @ anyone thinking Brienne could ? with Jaime in a fair one if he wasn't half starved and delirious. I'll say it once i'll say it again if your name in GoT isn't

Barristan Selmy
    Bronn
    The Red Viper
    Qhorin Halfhand
    Robert Baratheon
    Khal Drogo

Jaime is good with the sword but you overrating some of the guys on here and are missing some
    Khal Drogo is all show, I remember in the books Jorah killed like all of his bloodriders who are supposed to be just as good as drogo at fighting. Also no armor means he's dying against any knight

Quorin Halfhand is not that good. I'd put Mance above him as the best swordsman on the wall.

Barristan is too old to give Jaime the work

Robert Baratheon when he wasn't fat and ? all the time sure

Ser Loras and his brother Garland. These two especially are really good with the blade. Loras killed like 3 kingsguard in a rage once renly died and Loras is just better at jousting while his brother is better with the sword.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    -tried to ? arya when the whole business with joffrey getting bit by nymeria happened

Barristan Selmy
    Bronn
    The Red Viper
    Qhorin Halfhand
    Robert Baratheon
    Khal Drogo

Jaime is good with the sword but you overrating some of the guys on here and are missing some
    Khal Drogo is all show, I remember in the books Jorah killed like all of his bloodriders who are supposed to be just as good as drogo at fighting. Also no armor means he's dying against any knight

Quorin Halfhand is not that good. I'd put Mance above him as the best swordsman on the wall.

Ser Loras and his brother Garland. These two especially are really good with the blade. Loras killed like 3 kingsguard in a rage once renly died and Loras is just better at jousting while his brother is better with the sword.

Drogo wasn't show. He was battle proven. And none of his bloodriders were on his level or even suggested to be on his level. The lack of armor would be a severe disadvantage, but not one that can't be overcome. Bronn demonstrated that in season 1. That said, an armored Jaime would probably be more than Drogo could handle, but if it was a fight like with Brienne where Jaime was unarmored Drogo could beat him.

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Barristan Selmy
    Bronn
    The Red Viper
    Qhorin Halfhand
    Robert Baratheon
    Khal Drogo

Drogo was not show bruh read the books again like monk said his bloodriders were nowhere near his level. Qhorin Halfhand was a legend for his skills with a blade. In the books Mance isn't held that highly for his skills with a blade (not to Qhorins level). Barristan too old he had all of the other kingsguard shook of him bruh.

Ser Loras and his brother are nobodies. Tourney nights; Stop it bruh.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lol out of everyone on my list you didn't mention the most overrated one of all of them which is The Mountain. He gives folks that work only because he is 8 ft tall and weighs as much as a bear. It's stated in the books that his little brother is far superior in skill to him and well.....
    The Mountain vs The Red Viper if you read the books you know how that one worked out
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of those times when book readers need their own topic.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lol.

What difference does it make that he's only a problem because he's big and strong? The fact is, he's big and strong and so he's a problem. You should probably mark that spoiler.
    If you read books, you know exactly how the Mountain vs the Red Viper worked out. Both ended up dead, but who was killed directly by the other's hand?
    Context of the fight. The Red Viper could of killed him whenever he wanted to but chose not to to get a confession for a past crime out of him which lulled him into allowing the Mountain to get too close and ? him.
This discussion has been closed.