Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yo we had this issue last season with that blood traitor who said "oh it was worse in the book. they cut the wolfs head off and put it on Robbs body. mad they didnt show it"

THEN IT WAS THE FIRST SCENE OF THE NEXT EPISODE.

lol its like GoT readers take on George Martins characteristics then have this deep seeded need to ruin it in a slick "oh my bad" way. i know some book readers who as soon as they find out you dk somethin it becomes their mission to find ways to talk about it or around it
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    lol when I first started watching this a couple months ago I dug up the threads from first 3 seasons so I could follow along and I saw someone say they were supposed to have jaime's hand around his neck after it got cut off and it showed up in the next episode and people were mad lol.

Some of the stuff I know for this season is kinda my own fault tho cuz I went on the imdb board for it and got spoiled on some stuff. I know better than to do that now but since having randomly been spoiled in a ? kitchen idek what to do with my life.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo we had this issue last season with that blood traitor who said "oh it was worse in the book. they cut the wolfs head off and put it on Robbs body. mad they didnt show it"

THEN IT WAS THE FIRST SCENE OF THE NEXT EPISODE.

lol its like GoT readers take on George Martins characteristics then have this deep seeded need to ruin it in a slick "oh my bad" way. i know some book readers who as soon as they find out you dk somethin it becomes their mission to find ways to talk about it or around it

Yeah, the wolf head incident was the worst. I don't think he really meant to spoil anything, he just had a ridiculous need to tell what he knew and didn't actually think before he posted.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yea i know i wasnt ? . but t was like 'are u ? kiddin me'... theres an antsyness to GoT readers than any other translated book i've ever encountered. its like physical pain to not go blabbing

its like how i feel about people who are "catching up" on Breaking Bad. im like "wait...where are you. did u meet Gus?? Mike is the ? man. that fly episode is dumb as shot. Gale was such a ? ..yooooo remember when they robbed the train and todd killed tha-"

"im only on season 2"

"......oh"
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who in here read the books? RR said he might stretch it to 3 more books instead of 2. Whatvare halls thoughts?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I can see that happening. It seems like he's got a long way to go before he wraps it up. If you read his note after Book 4, you know that Books 4 and 5 were supposed to be one book but he basically got carried away and had to split it into two.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see that happening. It seems like he's got a long way to go before he wraps it up. If you read his note after Book 4, you know that Books 4 and 5 were supposed to be one book but he basically got carried away and had to split it into two.

I'm all good for him extending the book series because its a great series........but for ? sake can he write them a little faster?!? LOL. I mean I don't want him to really rush them because the quality wouldn't be as good and in depth but ? man....I needed that Winds of Winter like a year ago...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm all good for him extending the book series because its a great series........but for ? sake can he write them a little faster?!? LOL. I mean I don't want him to really rush them because the quality wouldn't be as good and in depth but ? man....I needed that Winds of Winter like a year ago...

I feel you, but his books are like 1000 pages a pop. Books like that don't come fast. Maybe he could get them done quicker even he'd stop describing everyone's meals in excruciating detail.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    RR Martin is nice with it, I don't think he needs 3000 more pages to wrap ? up. It's time to end this ? .
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's struggling with how to get to the ending he has planned. All I know is the starks will never come out good
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    New extreme badass trailer

http://youtu.be/d2ZNaLQD60Y

The ? is so on...BTW music is a cover of Siouxsie & The Banshees' "Cities in Dust", not sure by who yet though.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did Jon Snow have time to film Pompeii? He must not appear much in this upcoming season.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I think he's struggling with how to get to the ending he has planned. All I know is the starks will never come out good

I disagree...Starks catch hell. I expect them to stand tall always though.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    i have 0 plans to read the books cuz the ? is just too long...he's giving the writers of the show the outline for how he wants it to end so we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

the stark family can't catch a break so i'm preparing myself for the rest of the family to get murked. as long as arya doesn't die in vain (meaning without a couple important bodies under her belt) i'll be able to handle whatever it is.

i ultimately wana see daenerys running ? & sitting on the iron throne but if she ends up not getting it, as long as she makes it to westeros at some point & her dragons put in work i'll be good with that too.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arya Stark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    yo, lmao at the HBO season preview when the girl playing her was
    ethering Joffrey tho. He sits there like "I'm the king!" lol
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Nah he said in a press conference that he had the ending finished and knows how he's gonna end it. He said it's going to end "bitter sweet" and that he gave the ending to the show writers in case he dies. He's having an issue tying everything in to the ending he has planned.

Maaaaaaaannnnnnn if it ends "bitter sweet" then we know it aint gonna be anyone we like winning that iron throne :( .

I think he gon pass away before the final book tho.... he's got 2 more under wraps right ? I say he dies before the last one SMMFH. If each book is taking nearly a decade to drop each book I can't see this ? GRRM living 20 more years. He'd be nearly 100.....

I think it spoil absolutely nothin fo nobody to say right now that the Iron Throne may very well be a Red Herring. Those who pay attention nuhmean...

There's a lotta hope The Winds of Winter will drop in 2014, late if anytime. But as some southron boys be sayin wish in one hand, ? in the other and see which one fill up first.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Nah he said in a press conference that he had the ending finished and knows how he's gonna end it. He said it's going to end "bitter sweet" and that he gave the ending to the show writers in case he dies. He's having an issue tying everything in to the ending he has planned.

Maaaaaaaannnnnnn if it ends "bitter sweet" then we know it aint gonna be anyone we like winning that iron throne :( .

I think he gon pass away before the final book tho.... he's got 2 more under wraps right ? I say he dies before the last one SMMFH. If each book is taking nearly a decade to drop each book I can't see this ? GRRM living 20 more years. He'd be nearly 100.....

The bold is true, but it would also likely mean that everyone we hate get what they deserve. I can live with that exchange.

• thefabmd2dc
    Options
    If the ending is bittersweet than you already know Dany is gonna win the throne and everyone else is dying
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    blu-ray for season 3 arriving at my crib soon. HBO put em together like no one else...check this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD4Vcyp0wRM
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? House Bolton tho.......
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    ? House Bolton tho.......

The Roose is loose in House Trollton up in heah...got to respect a fam that can make the Lannisters look well-adjusted by comparison; it's just a slice of Theon Greyjoy's life lol

• thefabmd2dc
    Options
    House Bolton is pretty cool, Ramsay and Roose are easily the best villains the series has now
    The Freys are kinda meh to me
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol Big Boi is releasing a Mixtape that's inspired by Game of Thrones. I have no idea what that means but I'm interested.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/big-boi-confirms-there-is-no-new-outkast-album/76719/
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    The Lannisters are starting to grow on me. Especially cersei. They ain't ? but I respect the gangsta
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaime is that dude...
    the Starks need a win...
This discussion has been closed.