Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unquote the spoiler out of yours Monk.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Anybody checking out that Game of Thrones mixtape? Kinda crazy idea, but the Big Boi and Common songs are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmzepgfcTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvle8_vA5Jw

Haven't been on datpiff or any other mixtape site in a long time but I gotta find this ? . Where can I find this ? ?
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jorah >> Jaime. Unless Jaime smashed Dany. Then that simp would be all in his feelings and take that L.
    I think Bronn is up there too.
    and ? is crazy, Brienne gave Jaime that work.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol.

What difference does it make that he's only a problem because he's big and strong? The fact is, he's big and strong and so he's a problem. You should probably mark that spoiler.
    If you read books, you know exactly how the Mountain vs the Red Viper worked out. Both ended up dead, but who was killed directly by the other's hand?
    Context of the fight. The Red Viper could of killed him whenever he wanted to but chose not to to get a confession for a past crime out of him which lulled him into allowing the Mountain to get too close and ? him.
    No he couldn't have. You're misunderstanding the fight. The Viper's taunting was meant not just to get a confession but to ? the Mountain off and make him make a mistake. Before that, the Viper wasn't really able to do any serious damage. It wasn't until the Mountain got flustered and started to fight out of anger that the Viper started to do real damage. It was all part of the Viper's plan.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I think Jorah and Bronn are both trill, don't know if their in that elite class with Selmy, Baratheon, Kingslayer, The Hound, though. Also, when the ? did Jamie try to ? Nymeria. Also, Jamie and Ned have beef for a valid reason their fight was justified. Understand the depth of the Kingslayer
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Jamie is an ? and a bad guy, but he has a reason for why he's that way. He's also not completely bad. The good has just been suppressed under his conditioning and circumstances. All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler ? or are dead.
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How I'm supposed ta hold my ? for a month? I guess by watching 1-2 episodes from the blurays a nite...cotdayumn.

http://youtu.be/xIASaUUwklk
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    23 days left :D. I am rewatching season 3 now.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do need to rewatch season 3 all I remember from it is Mhysa Mhysa and Theon getting his ? cut off
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I do need to rewatch season 3 all I remember from it is Mhysa Mhysa and Theon getting his ? cut off

This may help you get it done in a fraction of the time. And no wee-wee choppin neiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38hnsgqf8O0

All I can say from watchin disish from the jump is gawdauymn we come a long way, and got a lot longer to go. Remember this ? ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i8DIaXDx4Y
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Baretheon was GOAT status
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    *Robert smacks Cersei*

Cersei: I shall wear this as a badge of honor.
    Robert: You shall wear it in silence or I'll honor you again.

So much ether. lol
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    Lancel Lannister: It's made too small, Your Grace, it won't go.
    Robert Baratheon: Your mother was a dumb ? with a fat ass, did you know that?

King Robert aint give 0 ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Thinking about buying the books...dont have any immediate plans to read em but just in case i decide to sometime down the line and the box set is cheap right now on amazon.

for the book readers: how is the dialogue/writing? One of the first things that got me into the show was how the characters interacted with each other. Is it as good in the books or does the show do it better?
  • bignorm
    Options
    question for book readers............. they showed that ep "the bear and the maiden fair" tonight.
    Did they ? the warrior chick when Jaime had bounced, before they threw her in the pit?

They left that ? ambigious to me.
    But dude said "she'll be their entertainment tonight"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The books are great. Most would say that they are better than the show. I don't necessarily agree with that though. I think the books do some things better and the show does other things better.

The books as one might expect, are chock full of info, so you get a clearer picture of things from the books. However, the narrative does get bogged down in details that aren't really important. And IMO, Martin spends way too much time describing sex and food.

In general, character interaction is better in the books, however, the books focus on certain characters and you only see the story through there eyes. Whereas, the show tells the story without any character concentration. So, there are a lot of good interactions you see in the show that you don't see in the books.

All in all, I suggest you check them out. I got the books on my phone and read them during my morning commute to work. They were very engrossing to say the least.
  • thefabmd2dc
    edited March 2014
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    question for book readers............. they showed that ep "the bear and the maiden fair" tonight.
    Did they ? the warrior chick when Jaime had bounced, before they threw her in the pit?

They left that ? ambigious to me.
    But dude said "she'll be their entertainment tonight"

They were going to ? her but Jaime lied to them and said she had a rich father who would pay for her ransom. No lie I thought they were gonna ? her on the show when they took her into the woods and all you heard was grunting.
    I just watched all the trailers again looks like this season bronn and jaime will be hanging out
  • bignorm
    Options
    Bronn and Jaime need to spar then.
    Get rid of that flab n sickness on Jaime.
    ? looking like Steve Francis outchea
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George RR Martin Wants Game Of Thrones To End With A $100 Million Movie
    By Vince Mancini / 03.19.14

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/03/george-rr-martin-game-thrones-feature-film-to-end-series/#ixzz2wVlcL2Bk
    Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook

I hope George RR Martin understands how desperate Hollywood is for new ideas and proven properties, because he’s going to be getting a lot of phone calls this week. The Game of Thrones author recently raised the possibility of finishing off the HBO adaptation of his series with a feature film. You see that white cloud forming? Somewhere, 10 execs just choked on their ? .

“It all depends on how long the main series runs,” Martin told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday following the season-four premiere of the hit HBO series in New York. “Do we run for seven years? Do we run for eight? Do we run for 10? The books get bigger and bigger (in scope). It might need a feature to tie things up, something with a feature budget, like $100 million for two hours. Those dragons get real big, you know.”

A movie about huge dragons? Mother of ? , man, do you know how much Hollywood likes making movies about big dragons?? They like them so much they turned the Transformers into them. Why, they only thing producers like more than dragon movies is…

The best-selling author said another big-screen possibility being considered is one based on Tales of Dunk and Egg, a series of three prequel novellas Martin penned that revolve around a group of characters, including Ser Duncan the Tall, who lived in the mythical Westeros 90 years before the events depicted in A Song of Ice and Fire.

“They could be the basis for [a film],” Martin added at the post-premiere bash held at the Museum of Natural History, where a suspended giant whale cast a shadow over the crowd not unlike one of Martin’s dragons. “I have written these three stories, and I have about a dozen more.” [THR]

A DRAGON-BASED ORIGIN STORY?! (*breathes into paper bag*) Screw this, I’m getting the hell out of here before he accidentally says “gritty” and someone has to give Lorenzo Di Bonaventura mouth to mouth. He tastes like martinis and soppressata.

• thefabmd2dc
    Options
    He needs to finish writing those damn books before thinking about movies smh
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well at least the show runners know the ending in case he dies from over eating.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    George RR Martin looks like he sits back eating giant turkey legs and enjoying himself with ? and wine
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    George RR Martin looks like he sits back eating giant turkey legs and enjoying himself with ? and wine

And that's pretty much how he writes too. Read the books. He spends inordinate amounts of time describing food and sex.

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    And that's pretty much how he writes too. Read the books. He spends inordinate amounts of time describing food and sex.

Do the books have unnecessary gayness in them to appease the ? community, like that ? plotline with the ? king.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    True. I was kinda surprised about how much liberty HBO took with it there. I mean I know they like pushing the ? agenda in their shows, so I wasn't surprised they put it in there, but I was surprised how far they stretched it. Based on the show, you'd think Renly was Oberon King of the Fairies. His homosexuality was hinted in the books, but nothing to the extent of what was in the show.
This discussion has been closed.