Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT scene between Hannibal and Dr. Gideon tonight. "My compliments to the chef". ? had me dying. And Chilton was in top form tonight, too.

I saw a synopsis for one of the later episodes so I knew
    Miriam Lass was still alive and Will would be acquitted.

But it's still REALLY interesting to see what they're going to do with that. Good first half of the season.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this show.. and what the ? at feeding a ? his own leg? Not only that you baked that ? in some clay?

And tell me that beef with watermelon didn't look good..
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Another great ep. Figured tha food at the party wasnt human. Who is the broad in the basement? Oh ? at will now bein free
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Another great ep. Figured tha food at the party wasnt human. Who is the broad in the basement? Oh ? at will now bein free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvgWwbjSBE8

FBI agent who supposedly died under Jack's watch.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Damn this show.. and what the ? at feeding a ? his own leg? Not only that you baked that ? in some clay?

And tell me that beef with watermelon didn't look good..

@ blew my mind. Lol.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't read spoilers for this show. That ending was a punch to the gut. Hannibal's chess game is insane and Frederick Chilton while still a ? is somehow a lot more likeable and funny than he was in the books or movies.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I'm so glad I don't read spoilers for this show. That ending was a punch to the gut. Hannibal's chess game is insane and Frederick Chilton while still a ? is somehow a lot more likeable and funny than he was in the books or movies.

it the show progresses to silence of the lambs terrority they've really done a great job fleshing out the Chilton character and why Hannibal would grow to hate him so much.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    So damn hyped

2daaGhe.gif
  • marc123
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
    @‌sion

Still dont why this thread aint stickied?
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    GOOOOODAAAAMN at Chilton's death. That is honestly the first death in this show that surprised me. He was starting to become one of my favorite characters, lol. They should've known that ? was too unstable. This season is shaping up to be much better than the first. I'm glad we're gonna see more of a focus on Will & Hannibal now, given the conclusion to that episode.

I wonder how Lass is going to fit in now... she might be sent away for killing Chilton like that.

Hannibal's downfall is going to be so interesting now. Everyone's reactions when they find out for sure - Bloom, Lass, Crawford. Will gives no ? nowadays, lol.
  • Broddie
    Options
    "As far as canon goes, I wouldn't put it past me to have [Chilton] show up looking like Ed Harris in History of Violence in Season 3 or 4," Fuller says with a laugh. "I love Raul and I love what he brings to the atmosphere of the show. Serpico survived a shot to the face! That's not exactly where we're going, but I would never count out Dr. Chilton." - Bryan Fuller (showrunner)
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is amazing,I hear rumors it may be cancelled though

Anyway,I wonder if the're gonna ? Will off

The show isn't canon and I wonder why Jack is fighting Hannibal in the flash fwd from the 1st ep?

If jack is attacking Hannibal by himself,Where is Will?

Only 2 things could make jack that mad,something w/ his wife,Will,or that chick Hannibal started ? (major twist)

Also I heard rumors Miriam lass may be like Clarice,because for some strange reason they can't legally use the character Clarice on the show.

After last night,lass might be in jail though and a one armed lead may be hard to pull off(pun intended)
  • Broddie
    Options
    I see Chilton coming back before the Red Dragon season but that was still a shocker of an ending.
    loch121 wrote: »

No. NBC spends next to no money on this show and makes profit instead and it adds credibility to their network line up. I see it making it to a third season on NBC with ease. In the event that NBC was ready to move away from it the production has many buyers waiting in line to get their hands on it.

The show isn't canon and I wonder why Jack is fighting Hannibal in the flash fwd from the 1st ep?

No. This show may be retelling the story it's own way but there is no way that they'll have a Red Dragon season without Will Graham. If anything Will and Hannibal's interactions now are set up the way they are for that pay off once the dynamic in their interactions change by the time of Red Dragon.
    Also I heard rumors Miriam lass may be like Clarice,because for some strange reason they can't legally use the character Clarice on the show.

No. Miriam Lass while obviously inspired by Clarice is not a surrogate and just another bullet point used to further the dynamic between Crawford/Hannibal down the line.

The production company doesn't have the rights for The Silence of The Lambs. But they have the rights for every other book in the series. MGM (who owns SoTL media rights) was trying to create a Clarice show for Lifetime and it seems to be going nowhere. So now Fuller and the production company have been in talks with MGM since to work out a deal before an eventual SoTL season gets mapped out for this show. They're still talking to this day. Nothing is set in stone and anything could happen between now and the 3 years before Fuller's show gets to that point of the story.

• twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I see Chilton coming back before the Red Dragon season but that was still a shocker of an ending.
    loch121 wrote: »

No. NBC spends next to no money on this show and makes profit instead and it adds credibility to their network line up. I see it making it to a third season on NBC with ease. In the event that NBC was ready to move away from it the production has many buyers waiting in line to get their hands on it.

No. This show may be retelling the story it's own way but there is no way that they'll have a Red Dragon season without Will Graham. If anything Will and Hannibal's interactions now are set up the way they are for that pay off once the dynamic in their interactions change by the time of Red Dragon.

No. Miriam Lass while obviously inspired by Clarice is not a surrogate and just another bullet point used to further the dynamic between Crawford/Hannibal down the line.

The production company doesn't have the rights for The Silence of The Lambs. But they have the rights for every other book in the series. MGM (who owns SoTL media rights) was trying to create a Clarice show for Lifetime and it seems to be going nowhere. So now Fuller and the production company have been in talks with MGM since to work out a deal before an eventual SoTL season gets mapped out for this show. They're still talking to this day. Nothing is set in stone and anything could happen between now and the 3 years before Fuller's show gets to that point of the story.

inb4 we're introduced to Blairice Maudling.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOOOOODAAAAMN at Chilton's death. That is honestly the first death in this show that surprised me. He was starting to become one of my favorite characters, lol. They should've known that ? was too unstable. This season is shaping up to be much better than the first. I'm glad we're gonna see more of a focus on Will & Hannibal now, given the conclusion to that episode.

I wonder how Lass is going to fit in now... she might be sent away for killing Chilton like that.

Hannibal's downfall is going to be so interesting now. Everyone's reactions when they find out for sure - Bloom, Lass, Crawford. Will gives no ? nowadays, lol.
    Did they say for sure he's dead?
  • Broddie
    edited April 2014
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Did they say for sure he's dead?

I think Will tells Hannibal that he's dead but it could all be misdirection. Could be Jack and Will let him think Chilton's dead when he's actually under witness protection just to see if Hannibal ends up slipping up.

I won't buy it until I see a body due to the importance of the character in the lore once Hannibal is caught. After all they made us think Miriam was dead and the same with Abel Gideon.

Also once again this was tweeted by the guy who runs the show last night
    "As far as canon goes, I wouldn't put it past me to have [Chilton] show up looking like Ed Harris in History of Violence in Season 3 or 4," Fuller says with a laugh. "I love Raul and I love what he brings to the atmosphere of the show. Serpico survived a shot to the face! That's not exactly where we're going, but I would never count out Dr. Chilton."
  • marc123
    Options
    Episode was GOAT
  • marc123
    Options
    Btw aint it about time for jimmy darmody to show up?