Hannibal Season 2 (February 28th)

Options

Comments

• twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Btw aint it about time for jimmy darmody to show up?

Episode 10 I hear.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how long after the Vergers debut till Hannibal talks Mason Verger into cutting his face off and feeding it to his dog.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I wonder how long after the Vergers debut till Hannibal talks Mason Verger into cutting his face off and feeding it to his dog.

Probably won't happen this season. I'd love if they incorporated Verger into the plot while Hannibal is on the run tho, maybe having Hannibal pretending to be friends with him and having Verger use his money/connections to hide him. Then when Hannibal thinks he's all set he'll do the face thing, lol.

Verger is one of the worst individuals in the Hannibal universe lmao.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2014
    Options

Probably won't happen this season. I'd love if they incorporated Verger into the plot while Hannibal is on the run tho, maybe having Hannibal pretending to be friends with him and having Verger use his money/connections to hide him. Then when Hannibal thinks he's all set he'll do the face thing, lol.

Verger is one of the worst individuals in the Hannibal universe lmao.

Yeah I assume they'd take that route with the "fugitive" season next year too. Makes sense considering how late into this season the Vergers will be introduced.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The writers of this show are some sick individuals. Lol.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Had me dying when Hannibal was petting the lamb and the dude started crawling out of the horse. "You best get back in that horse" lol.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Based off the last ep and next weeks preview. Looks like we are back to this "killer of the week" ? . Hopefully it wont last long.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Here's our first look at Michael Pitt as Mason Verger

http://upandcomers.net/2014/04/22/tv-hannibal-michael-pitt-first-look-mason-verger/

hannibal-michaelpitt-679x350.jpg
    His appearance has been teased for a couple of weeks now, but we are just about ready to meet one of “Hannibal”‘s most famous supporting characters on NBC’s series adaptation of Thomas Harris’ novels. HuffPo today posted the first picture of Michael Pitt as Mason Verger, who will be making his appearance in the May 2nd episode.

Mason’s appearance was first teased in last week’s episode, when his sister Margot Verger (Katharine Isabelle) took Dr. Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) on as her therapist and at the very top of the list of topics for discussion was her brother, briefly shown in shadow holding her down to the ground.

The first photo of this abusive rich kid – who will one day get his just desserts when he ends up disfigured beyond recognition (as played by Gary Oldman in the 2001 film “Hannibal”) – doesn’t tell us much, except that perhaps David Slade, who took the photo, may be stepping behind the director’s chair again for this episode. Then again, he’s a producer on the show as well, so perhaps he was just on set and decided to snap a photo.

“Hannibal” airs every Friday night at 10pm on NBC.
  • marc123
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Based off the last ep and next weeks preview. Looks like we are back to this "killer of the week" ? . Hopefully it wont last long.

See I don't mind the killer of the week trope if it actually serves the main narrative. Last week it did. The parallels between Jeremy Davies' character and his relationship with the ? up social worker and Will and Hannibal's relationship was insanely interesting to me. It led to a lot of scenes that I'm positive will end up being crucial to the overall show in the long run.

• twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Will's got Hannibal right where he wants him. Damn at that ending scene though. Mads Mikkelsen's microexpressions are GOAT!
  • marc123
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The whole idea of a guy dressing up as a animal n killing ppl. WTF. Alil too over the top for me.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The whole idea of a guy dressing up as a animal n killing ppl. WTF. Alil too over the top for me.

Honestly if this show continues you probably have to stop watching it before it gets to Red Dragon then. If you think that was over the top wait till you see The Tooth Fairy's story.

Truthfully the M.O. of psychos is not supposed to make any sense to a sane person in the first place. So trying to find more "rational" type of killers on this show is not the wisest thing to do as a viewer.

• twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Huh. Forgot the killer's last name was Tier. That means animal in German.
  • marc123
    Options
    @Broddie‌

Your prolly right. But overall its a great show and a fun watch. So ill keep watchin.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Smash on Margot btw
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal is probably my favorite show on television right now, I'd watch a new Hannibal episode over a new Game of Thrones episode without hesitation. I'm a little worried that Season 3 of Hannibal hasn't been green lit yet (If so, please correct me). I like how Will (and possibly Fishburn's character) is fooling the ? out of Hannibal with this "I'm really turning into a killer" ? . The chick who plays Margot could get it!
  • Broddie
    Options
    ^ @ this point during season 1 the second season wasn't even confirmed yet. Give it time. I'm sure we'll hear something about season 3 within the next few weeks.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hannibal season 3: Bryan Fuller "very confident" about renewal chances

hannibal-3.jpg

Bryan Fuller has revealed that he is "very confident" that Hannibal will be renewed for a third season.

The future of NBC's critically acclaimed Hannibal Lecter adaptation remains uncertain in the run-up to the US network upfronts next month, given its continued low ratings.

"I hear very positive things," Fuller told Digital Spy. "All of the creatives at NBC are so supportive of the show and want it back, and the schedules and salespeople are like, 'It's a new show, get rid of it'. We are banking on the creative people winning out over the salespeople.

"The ratings are not anything to jump up and down about, but the critical acclaim is great, and we're sort of a prestige project for the network, so we're hoping that's enough, like it was last year. There have been indications that it will be."

Fuller also revealed that he and his co-producers have considered alternative options for producing the third season, should NBC fail to renew the show.

"The confidence hasn't stopped us from seeking out backup plans that would get us a third season one way or another. There are many more options than there have been in the past. So I feel very confident about a season three.

"We end season two in such a strange way - boy, I would be ? [if that were the end]! We don't quite land the plane, we leave the plane in the air."

NBC will announce its 2014-2015 slate and any cancellations at the New York upfronts on May 12.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s225/hannibal/news/a567981/hannibal-season-3-bryan-fuller-very-confident-about-renewal-chances.html#~oD1MGB7um27anO
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's getting renewed if not some one else will pick it up

Hands down best thing on tv right now
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Hannibal season 3: Bryan Fuller "very confident" about renewal chances

hannibal-3.jpg

Bryan Fuller has revealed that he is "very confident" that Hannibal will be renewed for a third season.

The future of NBC's critically acclaimed Hannibal Lecter adaptation remains uncertain in the run-up to the US network upfronts next month, given its continued low ratings.

"I hear very positive things," Fuller told Digital Spy. "All of the creatives at NBC are so supportive of the show and want it back, and the schedules and salespeople are like, 'It's a new show, get rid of it'. We are banking on the creative people winning out over the salespeople.

"The ratings are not anything to jump up and down about, but the critical acclaim is great, and we're sort of a prestige project for the network, so we're hoping that's enough, like it was last year. There have been indications that it will be."

Fuller also revealed that he and his co-producers have considered alternative options for producing the third season, should NBC fail to renew the show.

"The confidence hasn't stopped us from seeking out backup plans that would get us a third season one way or another. There are many more options than there have been in the past. So I feel very confident about a season three.

"We end season two in such a strange way - boy, I would be ? [if that were the end]! We don't quite land the plane, we leave the plane in the air."

NBC will announce its 2014-2015 slate and any cancellations at the New York upfronts on May 12.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s225/hannibal/news/a567981/hannibal-season-3-bryan-fuller-very-confident-about-renewal-chances.html#~oD1MGB7um27anO

Great news. Been hearing a lot about its renewal chances lately. I'm sure we're getting a 3rd season.
  • marc123
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Did NBC really expect it to have high or even decent rating airing it on friday nites? I dont have a life and im rarely home to watch it. smh