Hannibal Season 2 (February 28th)

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    The whole idea of a guy dressing up as a animal n killing ppl. WTF. Alil too over the top for me.

Honestly if this show continues you probably have to stop watching it before it gets to Red Dragon then. If you think that was over the top wait till you see The Tooth Fairy's story.

Truthfully the M.O. of psychos is not supposed to make any sense to a sane person in the first place. So trying to find more "rational" type of killers on this show is not the wisest thing to do as a viewer.

Preach!!
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal actually looked ? the whole time he was talking to Mason. His ? expressions rarely change during therapy
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best show on tv
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo ? just ? I have to wait til tomorrow to do my analysis but

THE ? ATE HIS OWN NOSE BRUH
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    GOAT episode. ? awesome!

lmao at Mason. Mason is my ? . Twisted funny ? . lol. So many quotables. Add alil sauce, im full of myself, im still benefiting from it.

This season BETTER get a emmy nod.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He fed his ? face to them dogs!!! His own face!!! Man wtf!! This show is amazing!!!
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal was ready to ? him up when he started stabbing his chair... like wait til you see what I have you do with your dad's knife.

And Hannibal would've put all 3 of them dudes down if he ain't have the taser. Crazy how just the right slice on your body to an artery can have you bleed out like that.
  • S.jR.
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I expected to see Mason cut off his face and feed it to a dog at some point. I did NOT expect it to be fed to Will's dogs lmao that was a great twist. Hannibal ain't ? . Good ol Winston at least he didn't take part in that mess.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dr. Du Maurier's confession was also a legitimate shocker. All this time I was thinking that Hannibal had killed their patient in front of her and she covered it up but the truth was far more sinister. That Dr. Lecter is the ? devil.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Hannibal was ready to ? him up when he started stabbing his chair... like wait til you see what I have you do with your dad's knife.

And Hannibal would've put all 3 of them dudes down if he ain't have the taser. Crazy how just the right slice on your body to an artery can have you bleed out like that.

He came with a Tekken sweep leg move, lol. If you notice him watching that other dude die from the femoral artery cut it seemed like he was enjoying that ? so much.

tumblr_n5paagxY3R1s3h6j4o3_500.gif
    Dr. Du Maurier's confession was also a legitimate shocker. All this time I was thinking that Hannibal had killed their patient in front of her and she covered it up but the truth was far more sinister. That Dr. Lecter is the ? devil.

I was shocked when she made an appearance. I was not expecting her or that story. They were playing with that "swallowing the tongue" part last season and this season, but it literally happened. Du Maurier herself is a psychiatrist and couldn't help being controlled by Hannibal Lecter. I like how she basically told Jack he's a ? who's just full of himself - which is how he's going to be caught. He actually made another cannibal pun in front of Jack.

Smash on Du Maurier tho, as well as Margot.

Hannibal is so nonchalant, even in Will's visions/dreams or when something actually happens. When he was hoisted up at Mason's farm he was calm. When Verger put that knife near his face in therapy Hannibal didn't flinch, but you keep see a face of disgust when Verger stabbed the chair. I just don't know how Mason Verger survived when Hannibal snapped his neck, I'll leave that up to his doctor skills I guess. I was glad he didn't die and wouldn't give any information to Jack. It's personal now.

VUksI2X.png

Good to see the tables turned. Mason is such a ? and when Margot came on and said "I'm going to take care of you like you took care of me", that was great.

xEamHvM.png

I understand why this show is on Friday's at 10 now. Good decision in hindsight. Can't wait for next week. Just hope that the fight between Hanniba/Jack isn't too close to the end of the episode.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

He came with a Tekken sweep leg move, lol. If you notice him watching that other dude die from the femoral artery cut it seemed like he was enjoying that ? so much.

tumblr_n5paagxY3R1s3h6j4o3_500.gif

I was shocked when she made an appearance. I was not expecting her or that story. They were playing with that "swallowing the tongue" part last season and this season, but it literally happened. Du Maurier herself is a psychiatrist and couldn't help being controlled by Hannibal Lecter. I like how she basically told Jack he's a ? who's just full of himself - which is how he's going to be caught. He actually made another cannibal pun in front of Jack.

I expected it to be her or Dr. Chilton when Jack said "there may be 3" but I didn't expect her story to play out like that at all. But yeah that whole "Whomever is pursuing whom I intend to eat them" line was funny as hell. This whole episode was full of quotables really. I loved when Hannibal goes "you shouldn't have done that" when the dude pulled out the knife and started to bleed to death. The look on his face when he delivered that line was absolutely priceless. Or how he slickly kept taunting Carlo even while being at his and Mason's mercy when he was hoisted up. They even finally figured out how to work "eat the rude" into the dialogue

Hannibal: “Mason is discourteous and discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me.”

Will: “Are you thinking about eating him?”

Hannibal: “Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.”

I'm sure they gave themselves a pat on the back for that one lol.
    Hannibal is so nonchalant, even in Will's visions/dreams or when something actually happens. When he was hoisted up at Mason's farm he was calm. When Verger put that knife near his face in therapy Hannibal didn't flinch, but you keep see a face of disgust when Verger stabbed the chair.

Mads really is the best actor on TV today. His expressions and mannerisms are incredible so many nuances to them. You literally see him looking like he's about to puke every single time he's around Mason. The way he goes from going so long without blinking like a real sociopath in the most outlandish scenarios to being able to emote regret and legitimate pain in his eyes like last week when talking about Abigail and his sister is just amazing.

I just don't know how Mason Verger survived when Hannibal snapped his neck, I'll leave that up to his doctor skills I guess. I was glad he didn't die and wouldn't give any information to Jack. It's personal now.

Well in the books and in the movies the face cutting scene plays out a bit differently than it did on the show. So since they didn't include him strangling himself hangman style (which is how he broke his neck) they had to find some other way to ? him. I think it was obvious that he was alive because after Lecter broke his neck you see him checking for a pulse before laying his head gently back on the chair.

Will said "he's your patient you figure out what to do with him" Hannibal basically realized that if Mason is still alive Margot still has access to the family fortune and Mason suffers a fate worse than death. It was a very cruel and calculated move.

Good to see the tables turned. Mason is such a ? and when Margot came on and said "I'm going to take care of you like you took care of me", that was great.

xEamHvM.png

Michael Pitt has being paying homage to Gary Oldman's Mason Verger the whole time but I liked how he especially sounded like him most after being defaced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XPClOckPs

I also liked how he held back when Crawford questioned him. Obviously setting up his personal manhunt for Lecter from the Hannibal novel "I'm looking forward to paying him back". I'm guessing next season when Hannibal is on the run Mason will send his goons to find Lecter and when Lecter bodies them all Verger will end up even more ? before the events of the Hannibal novel finally play out in season 6.

Lots of great world building in this episode.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    BiO5HRTIQAAgpGT.png

"look through the eye and you'll see ? "

Hannibal is the evil ? of his universe. He stays styling on these hoes. Dr. Bedelia said "if you think you could catch him it's because he's letting you think he is" [paraphrase not exact quote]. Jack and Will aren't the only ones that have been fishing. Hannibal's been playing them too while still genuinely connecting with Will cause they both think exactly alike.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    10390335_10203694273427657_2815479157862038359_n.jpg

Winston isn't eating any of that ? .

3492758.gif

GOAT dog. When you think about it that dog is the only connection Will has to who he really was at this point. Incorruptible.

• S.jR.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So y'all got gifs of Winston now?
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    tumblr_static_image.jpg

Winston da GOAT. Buster ain't ? , running off into the woods to try and fight manbearpig when you know you have no chance.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    QHjsi7j.gif

been looking for this. Smash raw!!! No worry about kids now fellas!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    @!!!!!

This fool ate his damn nose! HE ATE HIS DAMN NOSE!! ? ! That has to be by far the most disturbing, but GOAT episodes so far.
  • Broddie
    Options
    tumblr_static_image.jpg

Winston da GOAT. Buster ain't ? , running off into the woods to try and fight manbearpig when you know you have no chance.

Buster wasn't about that life. I watched the episode again and I just love the look on Winston's face when Will comes home. It's like "bro there's some seriously ? up ? going on in there right now".
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they ever recast Joker in a batman flick Pitts should send the last episode as his audition reel.
    the most surreal, disgusting yet humorous thing I've ever seen on tv.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they ever recast Joker in a batman flick Pitts should send the last episode as his audition reel.

Ppl online been talkin bout that, based on this role. Pitt would make a great joker.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

Bruh I thought that same thing as well.