Do You Believe In ? ?

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

yes you can believe in something with out "facts".. you and I both do it..

That's a bit of a grand belief isn't it? I don't believe anything to be so finite without knowing that to be the case without cryptic case studies based on rhetoric and suspect supernatural conclusions tacked onto historical facts. There are too many possibilities and none have been ultimately proven. People give they all for something that can't be proven and tell me i can't disprove what they believe yet tell me in the same breath that i better believe too cuz they know I'm gonna suffer. That's contradictory. You can't tell me what to believe either. People front like they came up with the theory on their own as if others didn't convince them to believe using the fear of the unknown. Bottom line is, if i can't know what's in your head, i can't know what's in the head of the people that wrote the bible either. Your taking a leap of faith based on another mans word. It's more then hopping though, you changing your entire lifestyle based on what's in another mans head but the ultimate presentation of what that man claims has never been proven. You can't compare that to science which only observes what others can easily observe. You jump off a bridge, that's gravity. Hope the preacher don't ask you to jump on faith.

thats the thing you are doing alot of assuming yo self.. lots of people are not "changing" they lifestyle off another.. like i said you may not believe but there are more reasons why people believe then u an i will ever kno.. plus u are trying 2 use "logic" on something that is not ment 2 be totally logical... also as a Christian i dont push my beliefs on another person.. never have.. it seems 2 me you have more of a disdain 4 them as people.. I cant make you believe in ? frankly idgaf if u do or don't.. my thing is tolerance on both sides and seeing both sides because the both have flaws.. truthfuly there is nothing that's says both cant work hand in hand (givin the fact that the origin of science comes from religion)

So your assuming that a lot of people are not changing their life styles based on this Book? SO how many are? two? If you call yourself a Christian, then you are by proxy not coming to conclusions or believe in certain things by independent method. You are part of the group think that considers themselves by a name based on certain principles that you yourself did not create. You also didn't do the math on why and how this is so; you just said it must be so. Not good enough for me. You just filled in the blanks based on text presented by your parents or whom ever you decided to believe on faith. That's really dangerous and this sort of thinking is how despots get followers. People on this very board just said that believing in ? is a logical conclusions yet you say i can't use logic.

More contradictions. Science did not come from religion, the scientific method was the result of religious hypocrisy and clerics claiming powers based on their position in a church with noting supporting them other then hearsay. Men have been seeking knowledge since the first person thought of the concept of ? . Acquiring the ability to make fire was a scientific investigation and the results was the production of fire with no need for natural causes. Scientific discoveries are also found when groups share and investigate knowledge and large gatherings can produce greater results which is why scientific discoveries come out of civilizations rather then small enclaves. There is more to figure out to support larger groups. Stop playing the victim card. I have a disdain for people attempting to play on the ignorance of others to support their erroneous claims.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't have to...But these are the various scriptures that have been passed down to teach lessons and guide us...No handwritten book could be more absolute than ? itself...It's widely known that edits have been made over the years...Your whole faith shouldn't just be in the book...

Sorry that will not work here sir
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...What won't work?...You think I'm tryna indoctrinate you or somethin?...That's like one of the most unorthodox things a "religious" person can say about the handwritten teachings of ? ...Lol, anybody with a brain knows books were edited and left out of the bible...? and critical thinking don't have to be enemies bret...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    It would be pretty bad ass that we end up finding out aliens from another universe created our universe and everything in it.

Scientists have thought about creating small universes in a lab, and if this curiosity is here right now, who's to say we can never create one in the future?

Well when the beast is revealed he will deceive the world into thinking that he is the creator of the universe and everything in it. He will declare himself to be ? and will force everyone to receive his mark in their right hand or in their forehead. All who resist will be slaughtered. Amen.

Awesome.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    of course you have to have a low IQ to need more proof... I don't believe ? is a man it's a spirit. I believe that it's described as science for intellectual understanding, but everything scientific has spiritual significance.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's a bit of a grand belief isn't it? I don't believe anything to be so finite without knowing that to be the case without cryptic case studies based on rhetoric and suspect supernatural conclusions tacked onto historical facts. There are too many possibilities and none have been ultimately proven. People give they all for something that can't be proven and tell me i can't disprove what they believe yet tell me in the same breath that i better believe too cuz they know I'm gonna suffer. That's contradictory. You can't tell me what to believe either. People front like they came up with the theory on their own as if others didn't convince them to believe using the fear of the unknown. Bottom line is, if i can't know what's in your head, i can't know what's in the head of the people that wrote the bible either. Your taking a leap of faith based on another mans word. It's more then hopping though, you changing your entire lifestyle based on what's in another mans head but the ultimate presentation of what that man claims has never been proven. You can't compare that to science which only observes what others can easily observe. You jump off a bridge, that's gravity. Hope the preacher don't ask you to jump on faith.

thats the thing you are doing alot of assuming yo self.. lots of people are not "changing" they lifestyle off another.. like i said you may not believe but there are more reasons why people believe then u an i will ever kno.. plus u are trying 2 use "logic" on something that is not ment 2 be totally logical... also as a Christian i dont push my beliefs on another person.. never have.. it seems 2 me you have more of a disdain 4 them as people.. I cant make you believe in ? frankly idgaf if u do or don't.. my thing is tolerance on both sides and seeing both sides because the both have flaws.. truthfuly there is nothing that's says both cant work hand in hand (givin the fact that the origin of science comes from religion)

So your assuming that a lot of people are not changing their life styles based on this Book? SO how many are? two? If you call yourself a Christian, then you are by proxy not coming to conclusions or believe in certain things by independent method. You are part of the group think that considers themselves by a name based on certain principles that you yourself did not create. You also didn't do the math on why and how this is so; you just said it must be so. Not good enough for me. You just filled in the blanks based on text presented by your parents or whom ever you decided to believe on faith. That's really dangerous and this sort of thinking is how despots get followers. People on this very board just said that believing in ? is a logical conclusions yet you say i can't use logic.

More contradictions. Science did not come from religion, the scientific method was the result of religious hypocrisy and clerics claiming powers based on their position in a church with noting supporting them other then hearsay. Men have been seeking knowledge since the first person thought of the concept of ? . Acquiring the ability to make fire was a scientific investigation and the results was the production of fire with no need for natural causes. Scientific discoveries are also found when groups share and investigate knowledge and large gatherings can produce greater results which is why scientific discoveries come out of civilizations rather then small enclaves. There is more to figure out to support larger groups. Stop playing the victim card. I have a disdain for people attempting to play on the ignorance of others to support their erroneous claims.

lol u acting like my choice 2 be a Christian aint a choice? nobody in America is forced 2 believe in any religion.. just like you have the choice not 2 believe i have the choice 2.. you are talkin in circles.. you want kno "why Christians believe" but when its told 2 you some reasons why you basically say "thats not a good enough reason" who are u 2 judge?
  • VIBE
    Options

lol u acting like my choice 2 be a Christian aint a choice? nobody in America is forced 2 believe in any religion.. just like you have the choice not 2 believe i have the choice 2.. you are talkin in circles.. you want kno "why Christians believe" but when its told 2 you some reasons why you basically say "thats not a good enough reason" who are u 2 judge?

Biblically, you were "chosen" to be one of Gods, so technically, no, you didn't "choose" to be a Christian. You were predestined. You had no choice, matter the illusions you see to head that route.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Biblically, you were "chosen" to be one of Gods, so technically, no, you didn't "choose" to be a Christian. You were predestined. You had no choice, matter the illusions you see to head that route.

but i can choose 2 believe that or not... *shrugs*
  • VIBE
    Options
    No, you can't.

? chose you and forced you to believe it.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    No, you can't.

In the beginning...? made man...? gave man everything they needed, they had full dominion of the earth, except for one thing...It was commanded that man stay away from the fruit of good and evil...This was a test of faith...From the very beginning of creation in the bible, it was clear that ? 's creations made in ? 's image were given a choice...Man's choice to stray away from ? 's instructions, reinforced through Satan's coercion...Lead to the society we have now where inescapable duality is basically the root of all suffering(good/bad, light/dark, white/black, rich/poor, pretty/ugly, right/wrong, etc)...According to the bible, we always have had and always will have a choice to make in life...
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No, you can't.

So u do believe in ? now? considering he forces people to believe in him and whatnot lol

Some people believe because they fear the alternative, others have their own personal reasons for believing in a higher being...agnostic theist for instance don't necessarily subscribe to one religion, the bible

and neither atheists nor christians are right to say that the other always has the burden of proof ...atheists are trying to convince others of their view of ? ’s existence just the same as believers... if you want to convince a person of one, it’s up to you to give reasons why he should believe it

so while there's no tangible scientific proof that i or anyone as of yet if ever could prove to you that ? does exist... there's no tangible scientific proof that i or anyone as of yet if ever could prove there isn't a ?

you know this, I know this

I really don't why this thread is 20+ pages ...everyone is basically talking in circles

• VIBE
    Options
    Which is why I said "biblically"

If everything went against gods grand "plan", he doesn't know everything and is not perfect.

But according to the bible, he knows everything and everything is his plan. If that is so, and you believe that, then nothing is free will, that is an illusion. ? has put everything into place for a reason.

Now, if you want to argue that, go ahead, but you know this is true.
  • desertrain10
    Options

If everything went against godsI wagrand "plan", he doesn't know everything and is not perfect.

But according to the bible, he knows everything and everything is his plan. If that is so, and you believe that, then nothing is free will, that is an illusion. ? has put everything into place for a reason.

You did ...

And I dont know mobs beliefs...

But in the larger scheme of things not every one who believes in a higher being subscribes to a religion, the bible

So if you have a beef with christianity cool but narrow the discussion

Otherwise like i was saying if you're trying to convince people they are somehow stupid or ignorant for believing in ? , I would have to ask you for proof of what your saying is true

The burden of proof shifts to the one trying to do the convincing

• A1000MILES
    Options
    Yes...In the bible, choice was given to man for a reason...Your interpretation of the "grand plan" seems to be that all people are nothing but drones with no free will as defined by the bible...That's not true...Many characters in the bible argue with ? , denounce ? , and stray away from ? 's instruction...From Lucifer to Judas...The purpose of choice in the bible is to fortify the will of those who choose to follow by giving examples of not only the consequences of not following but the mindset of those who knowingly fight against righteousness...
  • VIBE
    Options
    Regardless, it's all part of gods plan, a plan is predetermined, a plan goes accordingly.

Don't know how you guys don't see that.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Regardless, it's all part of gods plan, a plan is predetermined, a plan goes accordingly.

I keep intruding, Im just tryna figure out ur motivations

So really your beef is with the teachings of the bible and not necessarily with the belief of a higher being?
  • A1000MILES
    Options

The plan...

1. Is not simply to be "broken down" by us...I could not whole heartedly believe in ? , and then turn around and say I have all the answers as to ? has created what it has created...

2. Now Biblically...My interpretation...Is that ? 's plan was to give us a set of lessons with which to live by...To equip us with spiritual armor in times when we become tempted to make the choice to stray away...

...Like I said, my dad is a minister/philosopher who tried to disprove ? ...And my mom is an ordained minister as well...I've been reading the Bible since a jit and I never took away from it that "since ? is all knowing, we don't have free will"...I understand how people make that argument, but I think it's rooted in a misunderstanding of the word...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    *as to why ? created us and how it monitors what it has created

...Damn, I ? that all up..
  • VIBE
    Options

I keep intruding, Im just tryna figure out ur motivations

So really your beef is with the teachings of the bible and not necessarily with the belief of a higher being?

consistency
  • VIBE
    Options
    No, I'm not a believer
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Well...Nobody asked bout that ? ...But it was mentioned a few times, that books were edited out of the bible that most folks read today...
  • VIBE
    Options
    Enoch is one of the most interesting books there is.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If everything went against gods grand "plan", he doesn't know everything and is not perfect.

You love to make ? the scapegoat for everything don't you Vibe?

When will you finally look in the mirror to see where the real fault is?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Thank ? that He is in control. He's wonderful, ya know?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    No, I'm not a believer

Yes you are. Your just suppressing the truth with the lies of the enemy. Rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.