Do You Believe In ? ?

Options

Comments

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    again I believe the theory that religion was created to start confusion and doubt in the creator, so that people will become atheist than be introduced to devil worship and see that it has power than sell their souls to satan for power, and believe that Lucifer is the divine ? and the real creator is a myth.. yep I believe this theory I read it some where and I believe this 100%

There is a ? , and most people who don't believe in ? or become devil worshipers grew up religiously. I didnt grow up as religious as people think I did. I actually was the child that encourage both my mother and grand mother to start going to church, because since I was a child I was talking about ? , and nobody had taught me the things I was saying. My mother than began taking me to church because she felt that ? was using me as a child as a messenger. Nobody have to prove to me there is a ? , even if I sin I still know there is a ? . Most people who turn athiest turn that way because they are mis lead thru religion. they see so many religiouis people playing with ? , they start to believe that ? is FAKE because a lot of religous people are.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this ? would be in the Social Lounge by now.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    I don't believe the religious interpretations of ? . "? want us to be perfect" or "Formal"... I believe ? is a free spirit that understand us all. So I'm often condemned by religious folks as not being a real child of ? , or if I share my belief they think I believe in Scientology because I believe that science is the evidence of ? . So if you look at the proof of planets and living beings you know they have a creator, and that creator is called ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can believers dictate what turns someone into an atheist or agnostic?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Because the hindu gods aren't real.

LMAO. I'm done.

Hinduism-and-Christianity.jpg
    you write so damn much i cant even quote you no more... smh.... but i will say this if u dont understand... u never will... and thats ok... everybody is different....

Yes. That's the issue right there. Exactly.

You ain't gotta lie to kick it..

xDj5pSa.jpg
    at first this was just an innocent discussion... but 2 throw disses @ a person just because they belief system is different then you actually makes u the shallow one...

So basically you think people can have whatever belief system they want, but don't think people can believe that others are shallow based on their belief systems.

6ee0c.jpg

right...

• BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    the confusion in lies were purposely planted in religion to turn ppl athiest..first they seek ? thru religion then find out religion is man made then they start turning atheist because they believed that their religion was tellin the true interpretation of ? .. once they turn atheist they believe in no ? , then are introduced to the satantic bible and find powers in devil worship and sell their soul to lucifer and praise him as the divine ? . thats the theory I believe this trickery is going on.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

because there is a definition 2 those words you kno... and if u fit in that catagory by saying "i dont believe in ? " thats atheism or "i believe in being spiritual but dont kno exactly if ? exists" that makes u agnostic..
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options

LMAO. I'm done.

I respect both Hinduisim scriptures as well as Christian. I do feel since Hinduisim existed way before Christianity and in the actual Hinduisim scriptures it says clearly there is only 1 creator 1 ? that it did influence Christianity as well as influencing it with things like karma, heaven and hell etc

But that pic is prenticious as Hinduisim doesn't recognize Jesus Christ directly or indirectly and Christianity doesn't recognize Krishna directly or indirectly

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whgy don't we talk about Hindu gods and other deities and other scrolls and books. I'm just tired of the Hebrew bible and all. All of the religion origins are sketchy at best

Well...Talk about em...These threads always turn into "Attack the Christians! Attack the atheists!"...So...Talk about somethin else...Or go about tryna disprove somethin else...Disprove the Qur'an...

9 times outta 10, in my life...And prolly a lotta other folk lives...When I talk to someone who doesn't believe in ? , the root of it stems from not enjoying church(for reasons such as judgement, group think, inconvenience) or feeling lied to(for reasons such as bias sermons w/false facts, or a scientific study that debunks a story in the bible)...They almost always were believers, or were coerced to become believers, in an earlier stage...Then I tell them..."Well you do understand that those people don't have absolute judgement over you, as they're all sinners"..."That preacher is not infallible, no matter how much he claims to be a divine vessel, he can make mistakes and spew propaganda"..."That story in the bible that you took so literally and felt lied to when you found new information that contradicts it...Well, that story may very well make sense within context of the bible, if you look deep enough...But the bible is still a book written and passed down by people, and people simply do not always get it right...If you absolutely can not see the relevance or truth in a biblical story, look further to see the lesson being taught behind it...The book is supposed to act as a beacon along your journey...At no point should the book or the church take so much precedence in your life that a contradiction in those things outweighs your personal belief in ? . It's bigger than what we conceive."...So I say all that to say, most people I've encountered who go to any length to try to disprove ? have had some negative experience with religion in their life...And because of a man made concept, their perception of the thing that made man has become diluted...Logically, and biblically if you look at the life of Jesus...Religious people that seperate themselves from nonbelievers, act as though they are above error, use the word to justify evil nature...Are idiots who don't have a full understanding of how they are affecting another life...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, also, there's the "If ? exists, why is my life so bad? Why is the world so bad?"...Sometimes that comes from negative experience, and other times it comes from just ignorance..,
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    No, you can't.

? chose you and forced you to believe it.

wtf are u talking about? ? doesnt force you 2 believe in him... if thats the case you would still be a Christian... (you was religious @ one point right)

You're not getting what I'm saying.

If you are "Christian" then you are a believer and follower of the Christian religion, which would mean you read and believe in every word within the bible.

In the bible, it speaks of "chosen people". It claims that people do not chose ? , ? chooses you. I was formerly a believer in ? and formerly a believer that ? had chosen me.

Eventually, I came to terms that ? isn't real, ? is simply a myth stolen from other myths.

In reality, yes, you choose what you want to believe in or not.

In the religious sense, no, you do not. Because it is written that you were chosen rather than the other way around.

just cuz u a Christian dont mean you gotta believe every word in the Bible...

do scientists believe in every theory?

btw there are many different parts 2 the Christian religion catholics dont believe exactly what baptist believe or pentecostal ect... so thats false

btw some Christians might believe they are "chosen" dont mean we all do...

Do you believe the bible is the "true word of ? " ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »

LMAO. I'm done.

I respect both Hinduisim scriptures as well as Christian. I do feel since Hinduisim existed way before Christianity and in the actual Hinduisim scriptures it says clearly there is only 1 creator 1 ? that it did influence Christianity as well as influencing it with things like karma, heaven and hell etc

But that pic is prenticious as Hinduisim doesn't recognize Jesus Christ directly or indirectly and Christianity doesn't recognize Krishna directly or indirectly

jackie-chan.jpg

• damobb2deep
    Options
    No, you can't.

? chose you and forced you to believe it.

wtf are u talking about? ? doesnt force you 2 believe in him... if thats the case you would still be a Christian... (you was religious @ one point right)

You're not getting what I'm saying.

If you are "Christian" then you are a believer and follower of the Christian religion, which would mean you read and believe in every word within the bible.

In the bible, it speaks of "chosen people". It claims that people do not chose ? , ? chooses you. I was formerly a believer in ? and formerly a believer that ? had chosen me.

Eventually, I came to terms that ? isn't real, ? is simply a myth stolen from other myths.

In reality, yes, you choose what you want to believe in or not.

In the religious sense, no, you do not. Because it is written that you were chosen rather than the other way around.

just cuz u a Christian dont mean you gotta believe every word in the Bible...

do scientists believe in every theory?

btw there are many different parts 2 the Christian religion catholics dont believe exactly what baptist believe or pentecostal ect... so thats false

btw some Christians might believe they are "chosen" dont mean we all do...

Do you believe the bible is the "true word of ? " ?

originally yes..but as time has past not all things in it are.. the message is the same.. but there have been people that have used it in unjust ways...
  • Ajackson17
    Options

because there is a definition 2 those words you kno... and if u fit in that catagory by saying "i dont believe in ? " thats atheism or "i believe in being spiritual but dont kno exactly if ? exists" that makes u agnostic..

That's not what I meant. How we came to those conclusions is the point I'm making.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's normally the same sort of situation that turn people from ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I left Christianity when I researched the origins and other religions. That's when I left religion alone and realized we know nothing to have faith in.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe ? will appear after 1001 replies to this thread.

Idk tho but hey, he/she just might.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

I left Christianity when I researched the origins and other religions. That's when I left religion alone and realized we know nothing to have faith in.
    i did research as well and it actually strengthen my faith... *shrugs*

• Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Some people like @zombie studied and went to religion. I'm not saying everyone is going to come to the same results.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real Talk. In addition to research, I always felt that something was wrong with religion as a kid. It didn't make much sense to me that the judeo-christian ? seemed so petty, angry, vengeful and flawed. I wondered why (other than the fact that the bible said that we should) anyone want to worship such a being. The stories in the bible conflict one another and most of it is quite ridiculous. One would hope that a superior being would have written a much better work. It would be flawless perfection instead of poetic madness.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but you seem to have faith that we know nothing to have faith in
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoschino wrote: »
    So what would life form on other planets mean in terms of the bible?

it means that people can believe in things they've never seen and for all they know don't exist but reject religion b/c it requires you to suspend logic
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That "situation" is education