Do You Believe In ? ?

Options

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    looks like this thread is going nowhere, again.

It's one of the oldest debates in history, can't expect any progress to be made in this thread. ? in Ancient Greece were probably having similar discussions like "? you mean Zeus ain't really up there? You seen the lightning ? what other proof do you need?!"
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    How can believers dictate what turns someone into an atheist or agnostic?

It's normally the same sort of situation that turn people from ? .

I left Christianity when I researched the origins and other religions. That's when I left religion alone and realized we know nothing to have faith in.

but you seem to have faith that we know nothing to have faith in

Faith or just reality. It's the latter. Nothing can be proven.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No proof on Jesus on existing. Only on Christian sites and I done the research.
    The history of the bible is mixed false and some factual evidence. Genesis is false. No huge slavery system in Kemet existed. The old testament written in 500 BC. Genesis was the last book to be written. Yeah, and Hindu, kemet/ta seti(group a nubia) religious system is older. The habiru who the Hebrews descend from were a mixed group of bandits and mercenaries. Every evidence and research leads to the scriptures are false of a cult of a ? of a pantheon they keep gaining power as they conquered and pillage cities and such. Your not talking to someone who is ignorant of history.

Jesus historical existence is documented in numerous secular sources. If you deny the existence of Jesus Christ, might as well deny the existence of every other historical figure from that time. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    No, I'm not a believer

Yes you are. Your just suppressing the truth with the lies of the enemy. Rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Because I like to take part in debates against religion, that makes me a believer?

No, I just believe that your a child of ? that has gone astray temporarily. But you hear His voice, your just trying to fight His call on your life. Eventually you will repent of your pride, humble yourself, and call on Him to rescue you from the pit your in. Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I left Christianity when I researched the origins and other religions. That's when I left religion alone and realized we know nothing to have faith in.

Religion doesn't save my friend. It's the ? -man who saves, the Lord Jesus Christ. Do you know Him?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Real Talk. In addition to research, I always felt that something was wrong with religion as a kid. It didn't make much sense to me that the judeo-christian ? seemed so petty, angry, vengeful and flawed. I wondered why (other than the fact that the bible said that we should) anyone want to worship such a being. The stories in the bible conflict one another and most of it is quite ridiculous. One would hope that a superior being would have written a much better work. It would be flawless perfection instead of poetic madness.
    What will you do with Jesus Christ though? That is the question.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

The proof is in the pudding. Look in the mirror. Your a reflection of the LORD. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Checked all the sources. John the baptist is mention no Yeshua. Hell even Simeon the magician is mention no Yeshua. The bible simply isn't true history. Some historic information and people but most is made up. I'm in the reflection of ba'al cool to know. Yahweh is a fusion of different gods of the caanaite pantheon and his name was known in 2000 BC but the first person he told was moses. So that's another lie. Its all fraudulent.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Checked all the sources. John the baptist is mention no Yeshua. Hell even Simeon the magician is mention no Yeshua. The bible simply isn't true history. Some historic information and people but most is made up. I'm in the reflection of ba'al cool to know. Yahweh is a fusion of different gods of the caanaite pantheon and his name was known in 2000 BC but the first person he told was moses. So that's another lie. Its all fraudulent.

You haven't checked all the sources because you've named none of the sources. Go back to the drawing board my friend. Google is your friend. Amen.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't put your faith in men who write books but look inside of yourself and put all the faith in you.
  • indyman87
    Options
    Men are corrupted, men had been flipped. If you told a story to one of your friends one day and he spreads the story around to different people-in a months time most likely the story will be a little different but hopefully the core message within your story will remain the same. This is how I see the bible. Yes the bible has been edited, with some passages taken out and some added but ? gave us common sense, an intellect and hopefully this will be enough so that you can take out, filter, the bs and still take in and adhere to the core message of the bible- which I think is that no matter what type of situations you have been or are going through -? will be there because he is inside you. Jesus said that to find the Kingdom to look inside yourself.
  • indyman87
    Options
    According to most sources, the human brain contains around 100 billion neurons (give or take a few billion).

This fact alone is mind boggling. How can anyone one honestly say that this evolved over time just by luck or happenstance. This is nothing but ? .

http://psychology.about.com/od/biopsychology/f/how-many-neurons-in-the-brain.htm

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So then why believe that nothing can be proven if you can't even prove it?
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No. Ironically as a child i did & looked at those who didnt like they were buggin. Didnt judge but just thought it was wild. Not into religion either.

Im an analyst. Im enjoy being a fly on the wall. Thats how i best learn. So i easily soak up behaviors, what makes ppl do certain ? & just the psychology behind sum of it. So religion didnt mean much when i never saw it in reality.

Im already extremely conscious about my walks in life, guilt, regret, accountability, responsibility & surroundings - so what do i really need religion for?

As i got older i figured it out. Religion are basically man-made stories. But i still dont judge ppl who believe in ? /religion. I just its supposed to be symbols to keep ppl in line. To have ppl believe & hope for something great, fear something & so on (? = Good/Devil = Evil). This is why the poorest ppl are the most religious, on paper at least.

Ppl barely follow the law so imagine if there werent a fear of a higher being? I mean really think about that for a sec. Its like a bad kid who grows up without parents. He/she most likely wont fear any repurcussions of what their wrong-doings since there aint nobody who instilled those fears, hopes, self-esteem & etc. in them.

We see stuff like religion happen allday tho. Ppl become symbols for stuff overtime. Even in hip-hop look at 2pac & Biggie's death. Before they were dead they were just 2 rappers. Over time? They became sum else, why? Cuz their death marked a lesson, a fear, a repurcussion to a young genre of what possibly can happen. So every year we here (fake/re-written) stories about them just like you hear each religious person speak differently about their religion facts & whats true.

At the same time tho me not believing might bad for me. Cuz it makes me a realist, & that i am, but it means its hard to make me believe in stuff, maybe hope for stuff & maybe unable to be delusional & convince myself about stuff. Its almost as if its a mind block on the other hand since i like dealing more with honesty, facts & truth, especially in the world we live in.

So its a catch 22.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Options

You haven't checked all the sources because you've named none of the sources. Go back to the drawing board my friend. Google is your friend. Amen.

I'm not the one converting anyone though. I'm defending my stance on why I will not convert.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

So then why believe that nothing can be proven if you can't even prove it?

Calm your paradoxes down my ? lmfao.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supreme intelligence yes.Ya should read cabala nah mean.
  • KS11
    KS11 Members Posts: 23
    Options
    Some sort of higher power, supreme intelligence, creator why not, can not prove but can not disapprove either. But as far as man made religion goes, bible, Quran, and all these hundreds of little derivatives that stem from the same roots, no. People believe what they want to believe, people are afraid of dying, fear of death, and consequences, top it off with hope of eternal life either in heaven or earth paradise, it's hard not to conform I suppose. Also desperate people with nothing much to live for can easily be hindered into religion as well. Poverty, poor health, greed for money, lack of ambition, terrible ? that changed your life for worse, or sometimes perhaps you were saved by what you think is higher power, and of course, culture, family and upbringing from your childhood, combination of so many things.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KS11 wrote: »
    Some sort of higher power, supreme intelligence, creator why not, can not prove but can not disapprove either. But as far as man made religion goes, bible, Quran, and all these hundreds of little derivatives that stem from the same roots, no. People believe what they want to believe, people are afraid of dying, fear of death, and consequences, top it off with hope of eternal life either in heaven or earth paradise, it's hard not to conform I suppose. Also desperate people with nothing much to live for can easily be hindered into religion as well. Poverty, poor health, greed for money, lack of ambition, terrible ? that changed your life for worse, or sometimes perhaps you were saved by what you think is higher power, and of course, culture, family and upbringing from your childhood, combination of so many things.

first post I read in this thread and probaly the only one worth reading.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on a side note any of yall ever heard of that elevate church. This ? rampant in charlotte.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/25/4640218/a-different-kind-of-church.html#.UuSMdGQo5QI

I would post the article but yall would complain about the amount of words..good article worth reading though.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options

i did research as well and it actually strengthen my faith... *shrugs*

this actually hurts the belief argument
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That "situation" is education
    [/quote]

Sometimes. School allowed me to take a good hard look at other religions, but it ultimately brought me closer to my ? .

Death.
    Loss.
    Anything negative makes them question their creator. It's not uncommon for someone to blame ? for their carelessness.

I don't believe that every story is literal either. There is a lot of allegory and metaphors about life.

I don't look down on anyone who doesn't believe as long as they can exhibit certain behaviors that are indicative of being a 'good' person.

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    No proof on Jesus on existing. Only on Christian sites and I done the research.
    The history of the bible is mixed false and some factual evidence. Genesis is false. No huge slavery system in Kemet existed. The old testament written in 500 BC. Genesis was the last book to be written. Yeah, and Hindu, kemet/ta seti(group a nubia) religious system is older. The habiru who the Hebrews descend from were a mixed group of bandits and mercenaries. Every evidence and research leads to the scriptures are false of a cult of a ? of a pantheon they keep gaining power as they conquered and pillage cities and such. Your not talking to someone who is ignorant of history.

Jesus historical existence is documented in numerous secular sources. If you deny the existence of Jesus Christ, might as well deny the existence of every other historical figure from that time. Amen.

can you please post this evidence

and if you post that got damn shroud that was on unsolved mysteries that jesus was supposedly wrapped in, be prepared to be laughed at for months.