Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

yes you can believe in something with out "facts".. you and I both do it..

That's a bit of a grand belief isn't it? I don't believe anything to be so finite without knowing that to be the case without cryptic case studies based on rhetoric and suspect supernatural conclusions tacked onto historical facts. There are too many possibilities and none have been ultimately proven. People give they all for something that can't be proven and tell me i can't disprove what they believe yet tell me in the same breath that i better believe too cuz they know I'm gonna suffer. That's contradictory. You can't tell me what to believe either. People front like they came up with the theory on their own as if others didn't convince them to believe using the fear of the unknown. Bottom line is, if i can't know what's in your head, i can't know what's in the head of the people that wrote the bible either. Your taking a leap of faith based on another mans word. It's more then hopping though, you changing your entire lifestyle based on what's in another mans head but the ultimate presentation of what that man claims has never been proven. You can't compare that to science which only observes what others can easily observe. You jump off a bridge, that's gravity. Hope the preacher don't ask you to jump on faith.

thats the thing you are doing alot of assuming yo self.. lots of people are not "changing" they lifestyle off another.. like i said you may not believe but there are more reasons why people believe then u an i will ever kno.. plus u are trying 2 use "logic" on something that is not ment 2 be totally logical... also as a Christian i dont push my beliefs on another person.. never have.. it seems 2 me you have more of a disdain 4 them as people.. I cant make you believe in ? frankly idgaf if u do or don't.. my thing is tolerance on both sides and seeing both sides because the both have flaws.. truthfuly there is nothing that's says both cant work hand in hand (givin the fact that the origin of science comes from religion)

So your assuming that a lot of people are not changing their life styles based on this Book? SO how many are? two? If you call yourself a Christian, then you are by proxy not coming to conclusions or believe in certain things by independent method. You are part of the group think that considers themselves by a name based on certain principles that you yourself did not create. You also didn't do the math on why and how this is so; you just said it must be so. Not good enough for me. You just filled in the blanks based on text presented by your parents or whom ever you decided to believe on faith. That's really dangerous and this sort of thinking is how despots get followers. People on this very board just said that believing in ? is a logical conclusions yet you say i can't use logic.

More contradictions. Science did not come from religion, the scientific method was the result of religious hypocrisy and clerics claiming powers based on their position in a church with noting supporting them other then hearsay. Men have been seeking knowledge since the first person thought of the concept of ? . Acquiring the ability to make fire was a scientific investigation and the results was the production of fire with no need for natural causes. Scientific discoveries are also found when groups share and investigate knowledge and large gatherings can produce greater results which is why scientific discoveries come out of civilizations rather then small enclaves. There is more to figure out to support larger groups. Stop playing the victim card. I have a disdain for people attempting to play on the ignorance of others to support their erroneous claims.

lol u acting like my choice 2 be a Christian aint a choice? nobody in America is forced 2 believe in any religion.. just like you have the choice not 2 believe i have the choice 2.. you are talkin in circles.. you want kno "why Christians believe" but when its told 2 you some reasons why you basically say "thats not a good enough reason" who are u 2 judge?

Choice has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You made the claim of alliance so by proxy you are following the word of someone else with no proof. That is my main point. Whether you choose to follow is on you but once you do, i will question the authenticity of what you are following and putting forth to the world. If you aren't attempting to spread the word of Christianity, according to other Christians, you're doing it wrong. My words said explicitly people are using untested theory of a deity and convincing the ignorant without proof. Whatever you added on top of that to convince yourself does not matter because you are pointedly following something that has a murky and sketchy history. To me, it makes your choice a naive one. Maybe I'm talking in circles because you keep giving circular answers. How can you ask me who am i to judge when unproven words of man say that a Deity will judge me?

I ask this, why do you believe what others have wrote in the Bible when we know it to come from the mouth of man and it is secondhand and edited knowledge of books long gone. Even if the books exist, why should we believe them. Don't give me a cryptic answer about ones truth. Christians admonish others for not believing their truth all the time. Still, technically it's not your truth because someone else convinced you even if they aren't alive anymore. You read their book and chose what they chose. Most don't have a choice because their parents forcibly instill the knowledge from birth and people are surrounded by communities that expect you to do as they do. You are considered a rebel or heretic if you do not. Why didn't you become a Buddhist instead? Can i separate your internal mental truth from that of a schizophrenic that believes he's the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan? You believe because you just do isn't an informative answer.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who seen or talked to ? on here?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    No, you can't.

? chose you and forced you to believe it.

wtf are u talking about? ? doesnt force you 2 believe in him... if thats the case you would still be a Christian... (you was religious @ one point right)
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Well...Nobody asked bout that ? ...But it was mentioned a few times, that books were edited out of the bible that most folks read today...

right i said this in this thread lol..
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To believe in any ? , you most certainly have to believe that ? is inherently evil as well as righteous.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

That's a bit of a grand belief isn't it? I don't believe anything to be so finite without knowing that to be the case without cryptic case studies based on rhetoric and suspect supernatural conclusions tacked onto historical facts. There are too many possibilities and none have been ultimately proven. People give they all for something that can't be proven and tell me i can't disprove what they believe yet tell me in the same breath that i better believe too cuz they know I'm gonna suffer. That's contradictory. You can't tell me what to believe either. People front like they came up with the theory on their own as if others didn't convince them to believe using the fear of the unknown. Bottom line is, if i can't know what's in your head, i can't know what's in the head of the people that wrote the bible either. Your taking a leap of faith based on another mans word. It's more then hopping though, you changing your entire lifestyle based on what's in another mans head but the ultimate presentation of what that man claims has never been proven. You can't compare that to science which only observes what others can easily observe. You jump off a bridge, that's gravity. Hope the preacher don't ask you to jump on faith.

thats the thing you are doing alot of assuming yo self.. lots of people are not "changing" they lifestyle off another.. like i said you may not believe but there are more reasons why people believe then u an i will ever kno.. plus u are trying 2 use "logic" on something that is not ment 2 be totally logical... also as a Christian i dont push my beliefs on another person.. never have.. it seems 2 me you have more of a disdain 4 them as people.. I cant make you believe in ? frankly idgaf if u do or don't.. my thing is tolerance on both sides and seeing both sides because the both have flaws.. truthfuly there is nothing that's says both cant work hand in hand (givin the fact that the origin of science comes from religion)

So your assuming that a lot of people are not changing their life styles based on this Book? SO how many are? two? If you call yourself a Christian, then you are by proxy not coming to conclusions or believe in certain things by independent method. You are part of the group think that considers themselves by a name based on certain principles that you yourself did not create. You also didn't do the math on why and how this is so; you just said it must be so. Not good enough for me. You just filled in the blanks based on text presented by your parents or whom ever you decided to believe on faith. That's really dangerous and this sort of thinking is how despots get followers. People on this very board just said that believing in ? is a logical conclusions yet you say i can't use logic.

More contradictions. Science did not come from religion, the scientific method was the result of religious hypocrisy and clerics claiming powers based on their position in a church with noting supporting them other then hearsay. Men have been seeking knowledge since the first person thought of the concept of ? . Acquiring the ability to make fire was a scientific investigation and the results was the production of fire with no need for natural causes. Scientific discoveries are also found when groups share and investigate knowledge and large gatherings can produce greater results which is why scientific discoveries come out of civilizations rather then small enclaves. There is more to figure out to support larger groups. Stop playing the victim card. I have a disdain for people attempting to play on the ignorance of others to support their erroneous claims.

lol u acting like my choice 2 be a Christian aint a choice? nobody in America is forced 2 believe in any religion.. just like you have the choice not 2 believe i have the choice 2.. you are talkin in circles.. you want kno "why Christians believe" but when its told 2 you some reasons why you basically say "thats not a good enough reason" who are u 2 judge?

Choice has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You made the claim of alliance so by proxy you are following the word of someone else with no proof. That is my main point. Whether you choose to follow is on you but once you do, i will question the authenticity of what you are following and putting forth to the world. If you aren't attempting to spread the word of Christianity, according to other Christians, you're doing it wrong. My words said explicitly people are using untested theory of a deity and convincing the ignorant without proof. Whatever you added on top of that to convince yourself does not matter because you are pointedly following something that has a murky and sketchy history. To me, it makes your choice a naive one. Maybe I'm talking in circles because you keep giving circular answers. How can you ask me who am i to judge when unproven words of man say that a Deity will judge me?

I ask this, why do you believe what others have wrote in the Bible when we know it to come from the mouth of man and it is secondhand and edited knowledge of books long gone. Even if the books exist, why should we believe them. Don't give me a cryptic answer about ones truth. Christians admonish others for not believing their truth all the time. Still, technically it's not your truth because someone else convinced you even if they aren't alive anymore. You read their book and chose what they chose. Most don't have a choice because their parents forcibly instill the knowledge from birth and people are surrounded by communities that expect you to do as they do. You are considered a rebel or heretic if you do not. Why didn't you become a Buddhist instead? Can i separate your internal mental truth from that of a schizophrenic that believes he's the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan? You believe because you just do isn't an informative answer.

lol there u go assuming again if you wanna kno as a kid i did look into the thought of reincarnation.. and i did my research on Buddhism as well..

i was deep rooted in the Christian church as a kid.. and saw the hypocrisy of some "true Christians" this turned me off from church.. and i been skeptic every since.. but i dont bash people who go... my personal belief is ? wants 2 have a personal relationship with you... he know yo heart and makes his judgments on that...

you keep making arguments about things that i dont refute.. which makes you argue with yoself... i only go against yo assumptions.. (which u have many)
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To believe in any ? , you most certainly have to believe that ? is inherently evil as well as righteous.

Okay, but that's not a bad thing...? ...Or ? as we assume it to be...Logically only exists outside of the duality that its creations struggle with...So it's not just that "Oh ? is evil too"...It's ? was and is everything, since we assume everything that founds our existence to come from ? ...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whgy don't we talk about Hindu gods and other deities and other scrolls and books. I'm just tired of the Hebrew bible and all. All of the religion origins are sketchy at best
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014
    Options

lol there u go assuming again if you wanna kno as a kid i did look into the thought of reincarnation.. and i did my research on Buddhism as well..

i was deep rooted in the Christian church as a kid.. and saw the hypocrisy of some "true Christians" this turned me off from church.. and i been skeptic every since.. but i dont bash people who go... my personal belief is ? wants 2 have a personal relationship with you... he know yo heart and makes his judgments on that...

you keep making arguments about things that i dont refute.. which makes you argue with yoself... i only go against yo assumptions.. (which u have many)

How can you claim to share my skepticism on things i refute and then claim Christianity? I made general statements from personal observation. while never using vocabulary that can be deemed all inclusive. Only place that accusation can apply is in peoples relative choice to believe in a deity without proof. Many of my statements are direct rebuttals on things spoken in this forum based on peoples written statements on why they believe. People are indeed uniquely similar in their grand assumptions of what created the universe. I've made no assumptions in that area. I only question the reasons people give for belief and ask why they are so sure without testable evidence? If it was just a concept of ? is the universe as a synonymous name for what we exist in, i can see, but people are apply human characteristics and just as you did. They are assuming to know what this ? must want and i suppose it makes people feel special that this ? would want anything from you. These claims obviously go well beyond Christian philosophy.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Whgy don't we talk about Hindu gods and other deities and other scrolls and books. I'm just tired of the Hebrew bible and all. All of the religion origins are sketchy at best

Because the hindu gods aren't real. What we are all doing is fulfilling prophecy. Jesus said this:

"And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” John 12:32

No one can escape the reality of Jesus Christ my friend. He draws ALL people to Himself. When we are drawn to Him, we will either cast ourselves upon Him and be broken or we will reject Him and be crushed by Him on the last day. Amen.

"And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." Matthew 21:44

FYI-the stone is Jesus Christ. Amen.

"The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes." Psalm 118:22-23

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!! YES IT IS LORD, OH YES IT IS LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Because the hindu gods aren't real.

LMAO. I'm done.

Hinduism-and-Christianity.jpg

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No proof on Jesus on existing. Only on Christian sites and I done the research.
    The history of the bible is mixed false and some factual evidence. Genesis is false. No huge slavery system in Kemet existed. The old testament written in 500 BC. Genesis was the last book to be written. Yeah, and Hindu, kemet/ta seti(group a nubia) religious system is older. The habiru who the Hebrews descend from were a mixed group of bandits and mercenaries. Every evidence and research leads to the scriptures are false of a cult of a ? of a pantheon they keep gaining power as they conquered and pillage cities and such. Your not talking to someone who is ignorant of history.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

LMAO. I'm done.

you write so damn much i cant even quote you no more... smh.... but i will say this if u dont understand... u never will... and thats ok... everybody is different....

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNICKLYN wrote: »
    Enoch is one of the most interesting books there is.

can you speak more on it bro? You made a thread about it a long time ago. So i know you know more than you usually type.

"Angels having sex with humans"

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/33408/angels-had-sex-with-humans#latest

Speak on it for what?
  • VIBE
    Options
    No, you can't.

wtf are u talking about? ? doesnt force you 2 believe in him... if thats the case you would still be a Christian... (you was religious @ one point right)

You're not getting what I'm saying.

If you are "Christian" then you are a believer and follower of the Christian religion, which would mean you read and believe in every word within the bible.

In the bible, it speaks of "chosen people". It claims that people do not chose ? , ? chooses you. I was formerly a believer in ? and formerly a believer that ? had chosen me.

Eventually, I came to terms that ? isn't real, ? is simply a myth stolen from other myths.

In reality, yes, you choose what you want to believe in or not.

In the religious sense, no, you do not. Because it is written that you were chosen rather than the other way around.
  • VIBE
    Options
    No, I'm not a believer

Yes you are. Your just suppressing the truth with the lies of the enemy. Rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Because I like to take part in debates against religion, that makes me a believer?

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks like this thread is going nowhere, again.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    No, you can't.

You're not getting what I'm saying.

If you are "Christian" then you are a believer and follower of the Christian religion, which would mean you read and believe in every word within the bible.

In the bible, it speaks of "chosen people". It claims that people do not chose ? , ? chooses you. I was formerly a believer in ? and formerly a believer that ? had chosen me.

Eventually, I came to terms that ? isn't real, ? is simply a myth stolen from other myths.

In reality, yes, you choose what you want to believe in or not.

In the religious sense, no, you do not. Because it is written that you were chosen rather than the other way around.

just cuz u a Christian dont mean you gotta believe every word in the Bible...

do scientists believe in every theory?

btw there are many different parts 2 the Christian religion catholics dont believe exactly what baptist believe or pentecostal ect... so thats false

btw some Christians might believe they are "chosen" dont mean we all do...
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014
    Options

LMAO. I'm done.

you write so damn much i cant even quote you no more... smh.... but i will say this if u dont understand... u never will... and thats ok... everybody is different....

Yes. That's the issue right there. Exactly.

You ain't gotta lie to kick it..

xDj5pSa.jpg
  • damobb2deep
    Options

LMAO. I'm done.

xDj5pSa.jpg
    at first this was just an innocent discussion... but 2 throw disses @ a person just because they belief system is different then you actually makes u the shallow one...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    btw what answers do you have?

• damobb2deep
    Options
    also when i said i cant quote you cuz u write so much was because my phone wouldnt let me... not because of the discussion..
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe in a creator but not a ? if that makes since to y'all.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    ? is real and He is everywhere.

Except for the places that actually should matter.

Like where disease, famine and drought heavy places.

Like where sexual trafficking little girls take place.

You know, the places that no one thinks about when they're "blessed" with a new car, because ? was in the car lot and bank

? is in all those places and has given us all we need to fix those problems if we decide not to do anything about those issues then that is on us.

If enough faith can move a mountain, then it should be enough to help those who are helpless.

But ? doesn't exist.

Which is why it takes humans to do the work. Sadly, it takes a ? load of money.

MOUNTAIN=BIG PROBLEMS

WEALTHY AMERICANS HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO END WORLD HUNGER...

No they don't. Do they?
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    edited January 2014
    Options

LMAO. I'm done.

xDj5pSa.jpg
    at first this was just an innocent discussion... but 2 throw disses @ a person just because they belief system is different then you actually makes u the shallow one...

So basically you think people can have whatever belief system they want, but don't think people can believe that others are shallow based on their belief systems.

6ee0c.jpg