Do You Believe In ? ?

Options

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion can make people do dumb things..

http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/17/wtf-news-south-african-pastor-makes-congregation-eat-grass-to-get-closer-to-? /

Personally, I think that pastor is grooming those women because if they are going to stick grass in their mouths, what's next?

grass.jpg?w=620
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @vibe i will take you off ignore just for this one thread.

VIBE wrote: »
    Bruh, you say the earth provides but in some countries they don't have nutritional soil that can grow the food. They don't have a proper watering source.

? can't just drop down some rain? Can't help fertilize the soil?

It doesn't need to be "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" type of rain. (rain food)

Who do you think will help these countries? It takes a lot of money.

People say faith works, I'm sure their faith is 100x greater, even if they pray to the "wrong ? ", their hearts are in the right place, right?

? is ? up. People are blessed with a new position, new spouse, new job, new car, $20 found on the ground etc but people forget about those who aren't as fortunate.

It's arrogance.

The only reason people are starving today is because humans love money aka pleasure more than we love each other there might be a drought in one nation but another has a food surplus. but they will throw their food away or pay farmers not to produce food like how we do in america. As for money in today's world money is fiat currency it's value is what we decide it is. We waste millions on new phones when the old phone is just as good meanwhile people are staving.

But then some people blame ? for them starving, our priorities are our own pleasures and not the betterment of mankind thus we cause much of suffering on earth.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can agree with that.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombir makes great points.
  • VIBE
    Options
    @zombir makes great points.

Unlike most, he can be reasonable.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    It's not gods job to miracle your ass up out of any trouble. People are staving but it's not ? 's fault he gave us the earth and it produces enough food for everybody BUT he did not stop there he also gave us the brains to know how to transport food and how to produces alot more than we need.

HUMANS don't care for each other as we should and instead of taking responsibility for that we blame ? . what the ? else do you people want? IF I was ? you ungratefull ? would not get ? .

? is striving to get miracles everyday out here, though. Heaven, armageddon, karma, and saviors. Receiving those blessings and miracles is the point of it all for them. Folks ain't worshiping for nothing, they expect to be rewarded. They expect to be saved. They trying to get up and stay up outta trouble.

The only folks I know doing right or wrong by folks for free, regardless of heaven or hell is... well... non-believers. How many of you would do something that you truly feel is right, regardless of what your religions says? That's some trill ? .

And I would think a bag of flesh ain't got no place saying what their gods job is or isn't. I can't imagine a follower stepping to this ? entity, a megalomaniac IMO, and that conversation ending well for them.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    It's not gods job to miracle your ass up out of any trouble. People are staving but it's not ? 's fault he gave us the earth and it produces enough food for everybody BUT he did not stop there he also gave us the brains to know how to transport food and how to produces alot more than we need.

HUMANS don't care for each other as we should and instead of taking responsibility for that we blame ? . what the ? else do you people want? IF I was ? you ungratefull ? would not get ? .

? is striving to get miracles everyday out here,
    though. Heaven, armageddon, karma, and saviors. Receiving those blessings and miracles is the point of it all for them. Folks ain't worshiping for nothing, they expect to be rewarded. They expect to be saved. They trying to get up and stay up outta trouble.

The only folks I know doing right or wrong by folks for free, regardless of heaven or hell is... well... non-believers. How many of you would do something that you truly feel is right, regardless of what your religions says? That's some trill ? .

And I would think a bag of flesh ain't got no place saying what their gods job is or isn't. I can't imagine a follower stepping to this ? entity, a megalomaniac IMO, and that conversation ending well for them.

Then they are idiots the whole point is to be good for being goods sake. You cannot apply the word megalomaniac to ? . ? does not want all your attention focused on him for his own sake it's for yours. Every holy scripture is ? telling humanity what his role in reality is.

Atheist have these ideas in their heads about religious people and in the reflection of these ideas i see more truth about the individual than i see any serious critique of the religion or of it's followers.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If so, what has ? done for you that timing, science, self preservation, common sense and mathematics hasn't done for you?

All of those things come from ? ......so everything.

• VIBE
    Options
    Sour won't challenge me, I already knocked him the ? out..
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion can make people do dumb things..

http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/17/wtf-news-south-african-pastor-makes-congregation-eat-grass-to-get-closer-to-? /

Personally, I think that pastor is grooming those women because if they are going to stick grass in their mouths, what's next?

grass.jpg?w=620

That's why I don't follow religion. You know, ? that, that's why I'm not dumb. Those people are dumb. It's amazing that folks like Jim Jones and many others can pull off that crazy ? . But its really not amazing, its people just relying on other folks to tell them what to do for validation.
  • kzzl
    Options

It's cool, bruh. You ain't the first and I'm expecting the next.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour won't challenge me, I already knocked him the ? out..

Can we have some decorum please.
    Have you noticed that you're wife has been working extra overtime for free. Have you noticed that one of your kids has a darker complexion than the rest. Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but one of them kids ain't yours.

bad-news-barrett-makes-debut-raw-dec-2-2013.jpg
  • VIBE
    Options
    #badnewsbarrett GOAT
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ion understand the point of prayer if "? has a plan for you"

If ? out here amending plans just cause we ask really nicely for the ? , then we all in trouble...
  • kzzl
    edited January 2014
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

? is striving to get miracles everyday out here,
    though. Heaven, armageddon, karma, and saviors. Receiving those blessings and miracles is the point of it all for them. Folks ain't worshiping for nothing, they expect to be rewarded. They expect to be saved. They trying to get up and stay up outta trouble.

Then they are idiots the whole point is to be good for being goods sake. You cannot apply the word megalomaniac to ? . ? does not want all your attention focused on him for his own sake it's for yours. Every holy scripture is ? telling humanity what his role in reality is.

Atheist have these ideas in their heads about religious people and in the reflection of these ideas i see more truth about the individual than i see any serious critique of the religion or of it's followers.

Well, I'm just a brother with an opinion. I ain't got the speed dial to jesus to be arguing true meanings of whatever book. I'll leave that to y'all to figure out.

Oddly enough, Sour's reaction is the main thing I get from people that come at me about it. And they always bring it up for some reason at some point. Never fails. Black folks are usually the ones that get hostile, but white people will have a long winded life story to drop on your ass. And they don't forget about it either.

Reflections, deflections, and projections, more often than not, that ? is on the other foot. You ain't finna get no real open dialogue bout this ? in the streets like on here. More of a circle ? of ideas than anything. Even that don't work out, ? have personal problems that keep them from even talking to each other about it.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Yes of course. I may not be in the church as much as I use to be growing up. Or fluent in scriptures of the bible like a lot of folks. That doesn't mean I have no belief in Him.

? makes us responsible for our own lives. The power of free will. The power of common sense. Self knowledge. We go to him for guidance. Direction to lead us on a better path in our lives.

Now I'm far from being saved, or experienced in understanding the Word of ? . Lord know I'm flawed. I try. I falter as well. It's a long process. But I don't judge folks who don't believe. Man has caused that problem.

Too many false prophets. Too many hypocrites. Too many folks thinking they understand the Word, but really have no clue. Too many people using the bible to push their own personal agenda. This is my concern I have with man and the current state of religion. This is the kinda thing that overshadow the people who are just when they deliver the message.

But at the end of the day, its not my place to judge.

This is all I have to say ^^^ and my only response in here.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If so, what has ? done for you that timing, science, self preservation, common sense and mathematics hasn't done for you?

Yes, I do believe in ? . I could answer your question, but I have a feeling that my answers would be based on ideas that you might have already expected and might attribute to other factors such as science or might just altogether dismiss.

For example, I attribute personal successes like good health to ? , but you may attribute that to science and self preservation. I also attribute spiritual successes like salvation to ? , but you may dismiss that because you don't believe or understand salvation.

Forgive me for all this prejudging, but arguments about religion usually end up like that. I think that I understand a lot atheism, and I respect other people's beliefs as long as they are not disrespectful, but I think that a lot of atheists misunderstand some of theism because of a variety of reasons, namely the various evils of "religion." But "religion" isn't ? . "Religion" is humankind. Whether its guns, religion, money, etc., humans will always be up to no good because they themselves are the root of evil, but ? shouldn't be blamed.

There are also religious principles that are not defined and understood by science and the world yet are nevertheless truthful. I think that a person who believes that science accounts for the entirety of life and the universe is getting ahead of himself and not acknowledging the absurd side to life that can never be fully understood by us humans.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And hell nah I don't believe in ? .Life is what You make it

Jesus Christ loves you. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I rather believe in ? , die and find out there wasn't a ? than to NOT believe in ? , die and find out it's too late!

I'd rather kick it w the devil in hell than worship, a mass-murderer-sexist-slavery accepting-angry-piece-of-? , forever in heaven.

If ? is real, I'm gonna challenge him to a fight on judgement day. If he denies me in front of all to see, he's a ? .

There will be no "kicking it with the devil in hell". Your sadly mistaken and terribly misinformed. The lake of fire is a place of torment. You want to avoid this place at all cost. If you do end up there, you would give anything to reverse your eternal destiny. But tragically once we die, the door is shut and our fates are sealed. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for all those who wanted to spend a lost eternity apart from the love of ? .

But thanks be to ? that as long as you have the breath of life you still have the ability to change your eternal fate. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! He is the door and if you come to Him, He will never cast you away. Will you come to Him today so that you might have life and life more abundantly?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I also have issues in how people belief in religion and don't question how religion spread or the history of it. How can you just willingly believe something without knowing the history of it. You can't seperate the Vikings, the rapings, killings, slavery,etc from religion no matter how much you want to. People are only religious for the most part because it's passed down from one generation to another, it's not some ? people discover on some great quest or drastic experience.

Our ancestors were not worshiping none of this ? ya'll are worshiping today. In Africa people were worshiping the sun or nature in general. These major religions are basically bits and pieces of cult religions and principles from all over the world. The book of Relevations is a word for word documentation of Zoroastrianism (Persian cult religion).

The bolded is a BOLD face lie! Stop spreading lies! Why lie? ? hates liars! All who love and make lies will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. Amen.

The book of Revelation is not a "word for word documentation of Zoroastrianism". What a bunch of horse manure. I'm sick to my stomach.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? is omnipotent and all knowing, so he creates an angel call Lucifer who would then go on to try to over throw him and eventually will be almost as powerful as him. Doesn't sound too omnipotent to me. smh

What a crock. ? has no equal. The created is no match for the CREATOR! ? has all power and nothing in heaven, on earth, or under the earth compares to Him. The devil is less than a grain of sand compared to the Almighty. Get real man. You need Jesus. Nothing but lies come from your mouth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    All I'm saying is most ppl believe based on where they grew up and who was raising them. Any Christian.here can easily.have been defending Muslims.had they been born in the middle east.

Religion is merely tradition in most cases.

I'm talking about the ? -Man though, Jesus Christ. The true and living ? who died so that we could live. This isn't religion. This is reality. Do you know Jesus today? That is the question.